Community post

Discussion

Ttc in 2016

View Full Post

Welcome to anyone trying to conceive in 2016. Let's hope this will be the year full of
Blizzards of baby dust to everyone xx

2177 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 2177 Replies | Last Page

Thank you Pinkster, 39and counting, and Kerzie for the birthday wishes.
ATM I am taking progesterone suppositories (fun fun!) and just waiting to test. I'm pretty good at waiting so it won't be until 12 or 13 dpo until I do. Progesterone makes my uterus all crampy and messes with my mood some days. Yesterday I was so angry and for no particular reason. Not really like me! I was able to just relax and breathe it away, but I hated it.
As far as Valentine's Day...my dh usually just gives me a card and my favorite candy, but lately he's been more outside the box (with my extravagant homemade birthday dinner for example). I really don't know what he will do this year. My weirdest/funniest gift wasn't for Valentine's day, but for Christmas one year...windshield wipers! Yes ladies windshield wipers! LOL I thought it was a joke, but it wasn't. He told me I needed them....good thing that wasn't all I received!
Hope everyone has a wonderful and romantic day tomorrow! Xoxo

User Image

8 years ago

Ladies I thought I'd quickly share my sister in law's story who has been TTC right along with me from day 1. Just yesterday she got her bfp finally after 9 long months. She was considering IVF already. Last month we were talking about upping certain vitamins etc and what she did this month was she started taking vitamin D3. We are in Chicago so we don't get out in the sun too much. I read a few articles today about it and they say that for women who live in cold climates vitamin D deficiency is very common and that conception rates are higher in summer months. She swears that she thinks that's what did it for her. I thought I'd share that with you since I've never heard of it before. I will definitely start taking it this cycle!

8 years ago

Hi Ladies,
I am new to this and have some history id like to share and maybe you can help me get back to positive and hopeful thinking. This might be a little long so I apologize in advance. Any nice thoughts and advice would be great.

I found out in august that I was pregnant. It was a shock to me and I had no clue but my boyfriend at the time (now husband) said i was late and that I needed to take a test. I was in complete denial but took a test to prove him wrong. THat back fired. (I later found out that I was being really really moody and didn't notice it.) That's why he had me take a test. Anyways I miscarried shortly after I found out. I wasn't planning a pregnancy but I had quickly became very excited. Im 27 and don't have any kids. We ended up getting married in sept. I found out last month that I was pregnant again. But once again a few days later I began bleeding and miscarried. I had natural miscarriages both time. I bleed for five days after the last one and It has been 28 days since I stopped bleeding.
Here is where I need help. My hb does not want me to get my hopes up, but here is what has been going on.

Now that the sad part is over here is the good stuff.
A couple weeks ago I started having lots of vivid dreams. My nipples have been sensitive off and on since. I have also experienced all kinds of stabs twinges and cramps. Creamy cm I have been nauseous here and there like every few days but not like before I miscarried. I have tested and they have been neg. Then late last night I had a rather intense few cramps. Very noticeable THis morning when I woke up I had a pink tent when I wipped. I was actually happy that I had started and my body could start getting back to normal. However I never had any blood on my pantie liner. It has stopped. Also today is when my nipple have been more sensitive and constant as they were hit and miss before. The symptoms have me thinking there is no way that IM not but after a miscarriage youre body does all kinds of crazy stuff so Im at a lose. Any ideas ladies. Should I get my hopes up, or is it really a bunch of wishful thinking. Could I really get that lucky so soon. As much as I would love to be pregnant if im not I just want to start and get back to normal. Any thoughts

8 years ago

Anyone tried soy Isoflavones? I'm on cycle day 3 and day 1 of taking them today. Have heard they are good and have helped a lot of people to ovulate xx

8 years ago

Hi ladies!
I'm new to the forum, but glad I found it. I'm 40 and hoping 2016 will be my year. :) I'm trying to learn all I can from the more experienced TTC ladies about things I can do to improve my chances.

I don't know what soy flavones are, but interested to see what others say.

Good luck everyone!!

8 years ago

Hiya ladies, how was your valentines, we just got properly engaged yay, been calling each other husband/wife for years but gone n done it proper tonight lol, welcome lunardays I hope you get your dream come true with the rest of us also lacyrose and dotty, Jandei hows you, your right baout the vitD, I suffer in winter and sometimes take some to help my moods , I hope the progesterone works for you this month babyangel, any side affects? Let us know when you test...No side affects from Comid so far, last tab tom then the BD starts ,
to all -x-x-x-

8 years ago

Happy Love Day ladies!

Jandei thank you for the vitamin d info. Vit d seems to affect a lot of things. I was diagnosed with deficiency last year. Not sure where my numbers are right now but I have been taking the gummies whenever I can remember. I am tired of all of these supplements. I have turned into a pill popper! But of course if it gets the BFP then it's worth it.

Welcome lacyrose, dotty and lunar days.

I think Kerzie took the soy iso.

DH and I are leaving for a cruise tomorrow so that is our Valentine's Day gift. He also bought me a book that I asked for.

AF was due tomorrow but Fertility friend has pushed it back to the 19th. I took several tests that were negative. I took a test yesterday and laid down for a nap and forgot to check it (I know! Who does that?). I checked it late last night and there was a faint line but it was probably an evap. I have a test with me but don't think I will never take it until Friday.

Wishing everyone some great bd sessions and hope we gets lots of BFPs in the next few weeks!

8 years ago

Thanks 39 and counting!
Im new to all of this. Trust me I have read my fair share over the last two pregnancy and the confusion now. But this is the first time I have signed in. I hope you have a great time on your cruise and come home with some great news.

New for today, Im still not sure if that was implantation bleeding i experienced two days ago. I had ib with my last pregnancy but didnt experience the almost constant cramping, pulling and twinges today. Ranging from below my ribs all they way through my tummy. My ta tas have also been more sensitive today and more tired than I have been. Ive also had a backache most of the evening. I had a large clear watery discharge that filled my panty liner and leaked. I don't know what all that is about. It sounds really promising typing it out and If I hadn't miscarried I would be POSITIVE I was pregnant without a test. But Im scared my body is so out of wake from the miscarriage last month. Ive never had pms cramping and backaches before. But I have been told it can all change after so I guess all I can do is wait and see if af shows up which is the hard part considering that could be tomorrow or two weeks from now. Who know. Thanks for giving me a place to lay this stuff out. Any advice or thoughts would be great. Thanks again.

8 years ago

Happy Monday ladies!

I am SO happy to find this thread...and that it is active. Most of the ones I've found are old or no one really replies. I'm super in need of a group in my same situation. It is comforting to know that you're not the only one 40 and on the TTC journey and

I've been trying to read as much as possible the last couple days...also trying to get a handle on the lingo and abbreviations! I also ordered a book at someone's suggestion: Taking Charge of Your Fertility

I am not sure if all this reading has made me more excited or more anxious! I am going to try out some of the supplements I've read about throughout the forums, but it can get get kind of crazy...not even sure where to begin. And some of it takes timing...and knowing your cycle better than i do at this point!

ATM I am CD5 and WTO. just doing everything I can to improve my chances!

Is anyone using OPK and if so what brand would you suggest?

39 - hope your cruise was awesome!
Hope everyone had a great V-day...

Good luck!

8 years ago

Hello ladies,
Welcome to all the new ladies, always nice to hear from new people

Babyangel, Windshield wipers, I think you win the most unusual present, how romantic lol. Just like a man to be practical.
Let's hope the mood swings and cramps are a good sign. It's good that you recognise the bad mood and can turn it around, not sure I could cope so well.

Jandei, Congratulations to your sister in law, that's lovely news. Let's hope you get yours soon too and you can both go through this together. I agree with you about the d3, we don't get much Sun here in Scotland and my levels have been low in the past so I now take supplements during the winter.

Lacyrose, Sorry you have been through a tough time. After a mc our bodies seem to get pregnant easier so this could very well be it. If you implanted a day or two ago you should get a bfp really soon. Even the extra cm sounds promising, when are you planning on testing?

Dotty, I'm taking soy isoflavones for the first time this month, I'm waiting to ovulate over the next few day and I feel like my ovaries are bowling balls. Not sure if it's normal but my goodness am I bloated this month. Let me know how you get on.

Lunardays, If you are interested in vitamins and supplements to help with fertility we had another thread with lots of great information. You might have to copy and paste the link:

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/forum/post.php?postid=557981

As for opk' s the cheap internet ones work just as well as the expensive ones as long as you read them properly, the test line has to be equal in colour or darker than the control line to be positive. Don't use first morning urine either. Once the line starts to darken its time to bd lots and keep at it until two days after your last positive (just to be on the safe side). Some people use the cheap ones until the colour starts to change and then switch to a clear blue. Otherwise it can get expensive.
Don't be scared to ask anything, it could save you valuable time in the long run. After all we are here to help each other.

Pink,
What wonderful news, what a great Valentine What day do you normally ovulate on? Will it be the same on clomid? Keep us updated on how you get on.

39, Hope you have a wonderful and romantic cruise. Hope also that the stays away so you can have a good time together. Even better would be getting that and you can both celebrate in style.

Afm, Bd'ing daily waiting for ovulation over the next few days. Don't feel very sexy at the moment with the bloating but don't want to miss my chance.
My ds decided Valentine's was all about him, they had made cards in school. I gave him a rose and my box of chocs and he was dancing on air all day, well worth the sacrifice. Hope you all had a lovely day xx

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo