Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment Chapter 3

View Full Post

Since we filled 15 pages already, it's time to begin a new thread and to welcome anyone interested in joining our supportive and hilarious group of epo researchers.

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

So let's hear your personal experience with the epo journey to success!

Here's to another chapter!

User image

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Hi girls,

I'm so confused! Today is cd30 and 14dpo. My average cycle (looking at the last 6 months) is 27 days and my LP feels about 12, though I'm unsure. I've had twinges, slight nausea, headaches, sore bbs, phantom smells, etc, etc. Absolutely no spotting in my daily (more like hourly) cervix checks.

This morning I finally took the only hpt I have out of the back of the cupboard at 5am and used it with my precious fmu when I couldn't hold it anymore. BFN. Even peed on the same damn test three hours later in case hcg levels miraculously spiked and hptests worked like that (which I know they don't). BFN stayed the same.

So I can't help worry in two directions:
a) This month I didn't feel like it was the one, so I drank coffee, some wine, ate cookies, took hot baths: generally did things which I would feel guilty about if I were pregs, but was sufficiently sure this isn't the month. So if I am, bring on the guilt. I've tried harder other months to be convincingly fertile. So what the heck AF? Where are you??

b) Okay, I could get over the guilt. The cookies didn't have chocolate; only one small cup of coffee diluted with almond milk/per day; some red wine, but nothing over the top and not often; only two hot baths and only in the first week of tww. Considering all the women who get wasted and end up pregs, I'm not bad off at all. I take vitamins, drink nettle tea, and exercise regularly. I'm two days late, and ready. But what the heck negative test??

I was so sure that I would have an answer this morning, that I didn't consider this formula: [No AF] + [Negative HPT] = Answer.

Anyways, I finally let poor dh in on my irritability this morning, and his 'wait and see' solution was sweet but just won't cut it. :) Argh!

Frustrated and weeping quietly,
Bee

ps. It helps to write to you all, and I try to crack myself up while moping just for the contradiction. I hope you can appreciate my rant. I'm just trying to enjoy this the best I can I guess. I'll be happy to know either way. xo

User Image

12 years ago

Faith, Keep faith and until AF shows up your not out. Your temp is still high.

mrsOtt, Fx'd that you caught that eggie.

Wrose, thank you. I sure hope so. Sounds like your not out. Fx'd that Af stays away and you get that BFP.

Bee, I'm sorry you are so confused. You could be one of those ladies who doesn't get a BFP via POAS. My mommy only got a BFP with BW. So, it could be that you need to get some BW done. I would also test again if AF doesn't show up in the next couple of days. Also, how do you know you O'd do you temp or OPK? I know they say your LP is always the same and if you O late your AF will be late. but it sounds to me like you need to get some BW. Hugs, and Fx'd Af stays away and your BFP will come soon.

Well, the Dh texted me saying he wasn't leaving tonight but tomorrow night which means it will be SATURDAY night before he gets home. UGH. RIGHT when I'm suppose to O if I don't O before then. Going to get some BD in tonight and tomorrow before he leaves. Hoping I O soon since I have been having all that weirdness going on. Also, hoping my Dh's lil swimmers will be good enough from today and tomorrow if I do O while he's away.

User image

12 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies!

bug -Yay the preseed should definitely help keep those swimmers alive until your eggie shows up! Keeping my for you!! Bd as much as you can before he goes!!

bee - Aw hun I am so sorry things are so confusing for you right now! I can only think of 2 possible reasons for this... 1) you could have implanted late and therefore your hcg levels arent high enough, or 2) You stressing out about the "not so fertile friendly" stuff & all that could cause af to be late. LoL, sorry I know that doesnt help one way or the other! I hope it's the later implantation one! Try not to stress about the wine,m hot baths, etc... any of these things in moderation arent likely to cause any harm. Good luck hun! I hope you get an answer soon!!

Rose - Anything is possible, but I sure hope it wasnt that you implanted and lost it. It could even just have been something you ate that day, or just a weird cycle. I hope it's not af though and it actually just a little bean nuzzling in deeper!

MrsOtt - LoL, yeah our Thanksgiving is before Halloween so we dont have to wait. Some people believe it is disrespectful to put up Christmas decorations before Nov 11th tho (Rememberance Day in Canada) but I dont agree. I remember our soldiers, I wear a poppy and I got to a service so what difference does it make if my house is decorated for Christmas, ya know?

Faith - Dont give up yet... I was positive af was coming last time I got my bfp... was totally shocked!

AFM - Not much is new... bleeding is the same, just a little redish/brownish stuff in my cm. Hoping it will go away soon as dh might be leaving for a couple weeks as of the 14th!
Finally got my Halloween decorations down, & pulled out my Christmas ones, but there are so many I really dont know where to start!! LoL!!

Hope everyone has/had a wonderful day!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Hi ladies,

I hope yall dont mind me jumping in on the middle of yall's thread. I "stalk" this thread every now and again, but have decided that I should just join lol.

-My name is Shea.
-I have been ttc for about 3 years now...
-DH and I have been together for 6 almost 7 years.
-I have suffered m/c's in the past. (mainly chemicals)
-I have PCOS, but have recently been put on metformin. After I have 3 "normal" cycles, my Dr is going to put me on clomid (which will probably be in January)

Im really excited to get to know yall better.

Oh, and I think I ovulated yesterday...so thats where Im at in my cycle...at least I hope thats where Im at...

Love, Shea.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Oh and I forgot to mention that I had joined this thread when it first started, but just fell off the band wagon lol.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Welcome Shea! So happy you're here!

Grace: Where are you and how are you?

Bee: So sorry everything is so confusing. Praying and fingers crossed that you get the end result you want and we all want. Praying for you BFP!

AFM: Not much new this evening. Bbs are a little sore, I've been pretty cranky, Breaking out like a teenager ( I always break out through O time but am clear during AF - weird) I'm tired, but I'm good.

Welcome everyone and goodnight!

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Thank you for the welcome MrsOtt! If your ticker is correct, then we are cycle buddies :) I also break out during O but am clear during AF...thought I was the only one who did that, but glad to know Im not. Praying we can get twin BFPs this cycle!

Praying for all you ladies and sending tongs of baby dust!

Love,
Shea

12 years ago

Hi ladies
Today is the day the wicked witch is expected and I am hoping of course she is a no-show!
Monday, Tuesday I had some brown spotting but yesterday nothing and so far so good...let's see...
My thermometer is out of battery and i am resisting getting a new one, don't want to stress too much.

Shea - great hearing from you again! that it works out soon, January is just around the corner!!!

MrsOtt - your way, hopefully you managed to BD once more just in case!! Praying that this is your month as well!!!!

Joy - wow, Xmas decoration arleady, fun! In Germany we put up the Christmas decos from Dec 6th onwards (St. Nicholas day) so i still have some time...I am usually such a last minute person though, lol!

Bugttc - I know exactly your frustration with DH being away on the "critical" days. I was so angry last month, when i saw that i ovulated on a Saturday and DH had left on Thursday and came back Sunday night... oh well, eventually i got over it.. and it could still have worked out!

Bee - I have the same cycle pattern (27days and 12LP). I am terrified of testing, cause I cannot take another BFN...Wait a couple of days and then test again (so DPO16 or 17 maybe...)It is NOT over yet! And do not stress yourself about a bit of coffee and a bit of wine, the most important thing is that you are relaxed! Nothing will happen if you have drunk a bit here and there!

WhiteRose - here's praying that spotting was implantation bleeding for both of us!!!
we'll know soon enough

Faith - check out fertilityfriend.com. there are many charts of pregnant women where BBT slightly dropped and still ended up in pregnancy! I wouldn't worry too much

Have a great day ladies! It is Thursday and weekend is just around the corner!!!
A very good friend of mine gave birth yesterday to a baby boy, i cannot wait to see them!! I am so happy for her!! In the course of 2,5 years she's had 3 miscarriages and now it FINALLY happened for her! There is hope for all of us!!

12 years ago

Joy, Thank you! Hope it goes away too before the dh leaves. Have fun putting up the Christmas decorations.

Welcome, Shea. It's funny cause I stalk the Clomid Journey thread and read it about every day. Glad to finally say hello.

MrsOtt, eww to breakouts. I always get a few around O time myself.

Dinky, Fx'd Af stays away. Yay, it sucks that he is going to be gone but of course hopefully it still works out. Congrats on your friends baby boy.

Super O had another effect on me yesterday, more lower right side back pain and some sharp pains in the lower abs. No more sickness though. Thank God. But we didn't BD last night, I wanted too, I really did but my seducing didn't work. My hubby was like later and later never came so I took it the wrong way and got depress thinking my hubby wasn't turned on by me anymore due to the fact that I have gained 55lbs since TTC and he thinks I only want to BD because it's closing in on O time, which is true in one sense but I do it because I love him and want a child with him not just for the deed of it. He kept telling me he was still attracted to me and that I was beautiful but he never tried to BD with me last night. So, in my eyes that made it worse. Now I feel ugly, unwanted, and feels like just giving up period. Sorry for my rant and now a know insecurity I have. Maybe just maybe he will BD with me tonight but then again I don't think I care at this point.

User image

12 years ago • Post starter

Good Morning gals:

Southern Bee - I am now 15dpo which = 2 to 3 days late. I O'd early and have an LP of 12 to 13 days. So we're in the same boat (hopefully a cruise ship - LOL!) Well, I too have been drinking coffee and had some wine last night (husband problems). This may be wrong but I look at it like this, there are women who smoke crack and do heroine and get pregnant like crazy so I don't think a little chocolate, coffee or wine is going to hurt anyone as long as you stop as soon as you find out your preggos.

What's REALLY annoying is the BFN's! That's something I can definitely live without!

I saw that you guys were talking about Halloween (YES I am always late about things - LOL). Well our town and a bunch of surrounding ones are having Halloween tomorrow instead bc of the snow last Saturday and many people liost power. UGH! I really can't be bothered getting up and down to answer the door and give out candy after a 12 hour day.

Forgive my negative energy today - just really crabby.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo