Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment Chapter 3

View Full Post

Since we filled 15 pages already, it's time to begin a new thread and to welcome anyone interested in joining our supportive and hilarious group of epo researchers.

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

So let's hear your personal experience with the epo journey to success!

Here's to another chapter!

User image

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Bee, your welcome and encouragement is what we all need when its time. Heck my sister was drinking before she found out she was pregnant hardstuff mind you and my nephew is now 9 almost 10 years old perfectly healthy. She did stop once she knew she was. So, one glass wont be an issue.

Whiterose welcome, Glad that EPO worked for you.

MrsOtt, there you are. I was really lonely the last few days. the forumns have been like a ghost town. Only thing different is nothing. I didn't get an EWCM with EPO and before taking EPO I didn't have any either. But When it gets closer to O time I'll be sure to take closer notes as to what is going on. Fx'd you O early and catch that eggie. I'm like you just tapping my foot waiting on O to happen.

User image

12 years ago • Post starter

Joy ~ Right when we are about to burst with worry for you, you turn up at last. I'm so glad everything is finally figured out, at least I'm praying this is the end of all that trouble for you! I wonder though, through all of that mess, did they bother to investigate the reason behind it all? So, so glad to see you back and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as always!

Bug ~ Sorry you've been so lonely around here lately. I've been in a funk of sorts and not feeling well the last few days. I've also been swamped with housework and homework but hopefully things are getting caught up and I'll be back full force.

MrsOtt ~ I can almost always feel which side I'm ovulating from too! I've always thought it was a pain when I wasn't ttc but once I got on this bandwagon I see it for the blessing it is. And I know about that tapping the foot feeling...my cycle seems to be dragging on and on this time around and really there's absolutely no difference, I may just be a little more anxious is all.

whiterose ~ Pleasure to have you aboard! Great group of gals here and it's always a good thing to add some fresh blood. hehe BTW, my online nickname since I was about 15yrs old was TheBlackRose so I love yours!

Bee ~ I have to reiterate what Bug said about the lack of symptoms, you never know and I'm still keeping my for you!

AFM ~ I'm actually CD25 and 11DPO so I could probably test today if I wanted but I just don't have it in me. I've not felt like we had a very good chance this month with only 3 well spaced BD sessions, so I think I'll wait out AF which should be here in about 3-4 days. I've experienced some some bbs on occasion, had my sugar bottom out on me at 31 before I caught it, not had much of an appetite the last few days due to some minor stomach irritations, and might have a mild yeast infection but I really don't know as it could be something else as the symptoms don't quite add up. Who knows what's going on with me lately but I'm refusing to get my hopes up just yet.

KJ

User Image

12 years ago

Hi Ladies;

Can I join?

I have been taking EPO and SI for 3 cycles now. I have noticed a difference in my LP temps. They seem somewhat higher the last 2 cycles. This month I O'd 3 days earlier then usual. Kinda weird - maybe it was the SI. Anyway.....

How many mgs do you ladies take of EPO?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

Welcome, Faith! Glad you joined in!
I can't for the life of me remember how much EPO I'm taking. I'll take a look when I can and let you know. I too noticed changes from when I wasn't taking EPO, but I have also been using the FertilAid and the FertiliTea this cycle and boy have I noticed a difference in my cm, and other things in my cycle (all positive)

Welcome and so happy to have new friends!

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!!

Yay there has been some chatting going on since I last posted!!

Faith - Welcome to the thread! We are always happy to have more people join the experiment! I have heard SI can play around with your cycles... make you O earlier or later, as well as extend your lp. Did you have normal or irregular cycles before starting on it?
Can't remember how much epo I took... I think about 100mg? I looked on my bottle and I was apparently wrong on how much I should've been taking it says 2 pills 2wice a day (I only took the 2 once a day) and they are 500mg each. So I guess I will be taking 2000mg a day. I'd suggest just going whatever the bottle says.

KJ - Aw thanks sweetie! The whole time I was in the hospital I was trying to bribe dh into letting me downstairs to pay for the internet so I could update you guys and tell you I was still alive... but my nurses wouldnt let me go! Made for a boring stay thats for sure! Haha!
As for the reason, they really dont know, none of the doctors had ever seen anything like this before. Their best guess is that maybe the baby attached to the spot where the bleeding was coming from and once it was gone there was a cut in the artery and the pressure would just build and eventually burst. But thats just an educated guess! Who knows!
I am keeping my for you this cycle! Let us know if you decide to test!!

MrsOtt - Thanks hun! There is definitely some pasta in my future!! (And some Halloween candy!! )
Guess it's that time for you to start bding!! I hope you catch that eggie this month!

Whiterose - Thanks & Welcome! Of course you can join! We always love expanding our experiment! I got pg my 1st cycle on epo, hope it's lucky for you too!!

bug - Sorry to hear your in the boring pre-o 2ww... hopefully it flies by for you so you can get to bding and get that bfp!! We are definitely due for some good news around here!! I am glad you decided to stick with us even tho you are no longer on epo. I plan on doing the same even tho I wont be ttc for a few months!

Bee - Thanks hun! I know what you mean about the painting!! I love giving the house a face lift!! I remember painting my bedroom and thinking... "Did I really just put this on my wall... no way is it gonna match the bedding!" but when we put everything back it looked fantastic! I am sure yours looks great too!

AFM - Nothing new today... got to go out for a bit and do a little shopping. Bleeding is the same, pretty light for the most part. Going to see my doc tomorrow am. Not really sure what to expect from this apt, I guess we'll see!

G'night ladies! Hope everyone is having a great day/night!
Joy

P.S. I'm sticking around too... even if I wont be ttc for a few months!!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

KJ, Sorry you havent been feeling well. Fx'd that in the next few days you get a bfp and no AF.

Faith1 hello dear and welcome. SI is like clomid so it could have made you O early.

MrsOtt, I'm glad you see some positive changes in your cycle thus far.

Joy, I'm glad your sticking around too. My boring pre-o isn't so boring anymore. Read below why. We are definitively due for some good news.

So, yesterday around 4pm I had some mild cramps and when I went to the restroom, I wiped and there was some pinkish brown blood. Af left on Sunday even though AF was strange with only 2 full days of blood and 3 days of Spotting. with the 3rd day being my strange weird accident with the blood clot. Something is not right and I'm so afraid to what it can be.

User image

Thanks Ladies for the wonderful welcome!

MrsOtt - I have been taking 2000mg of EPO for 3 cycles. after I had the missed miscarriage/D&C I literally had zero CM. I used to have tons of it. It does seem like I have a little more then a few months ago. But not a "nice/comforting" amount the way I used to have. What is FertalAid?

Expecting and Bug - I did have regular cycles. And since the D&C i have had regular cycles for the last 4 months. I guess it could be the SI that made me O early but why did it take 3 cycles? I always have a question that ALWAYS needs an answer - I'm annoying like that! LOL!

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

Woo! Great to have White Rose and Faith here. They're cycle buds from a shorter symptoms thread.

Faith, I take 1,000mg of EPO during the FP, and sometimes double it for fun every few days. By the way, what's SI?

afm, I had some bad cramping last eve, but i'm not sure if it was cabbage rolls (mmm) or implantation. Anyway, I'm 9po and still feeling out this month. Oh I hope I hope to have a sticky bean for Christmas!

User Image

12 years ago

Bee: You and I are on the same page. Man, I just keep visualizing, praying, meditating, visualizing, praying meditating and praying some more that we will all have sticky beans for Christmas. - Shoot, lets say Thanksgiving!!!!

Faith: I have been taking 2,000mg EPO cd1-ovulation. I had to check on the new bottle I bought. It seems to work well for me. FertilAid is a capsule (you take 3/day). They have it for Women and Men. (www.fertilaid.com) It is like a prenatal, but also helps with ovulation and hormonal balance.
I also drink one cup of FertiliTea a day to help promote fertility and reproductive wellness. You can purchase them both from the same website. I also tried the fertilcm that they have, but I liked the EPO better.

KJ: hope you're feeling better.

Bug: How you doing? I'm still waiting for my smiley face O test.

AFM: All is well. Just waiting to O but having fun while we wait! :) We are going out tonight for a halloween party/DH bday celebration. I'm so excited, but I need to take a nap or my witching hour will come too early for us to enjoy the night!!! Have a great Friday everyone.
Sticky Vibes and Baby Dusting
(oh, that give me an idea for a halloween costume. I could be a baby dust fairy!! I will have to use all my baby dust on me, but I can see it!!! lol)

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Faith, When you took SI did you get spotting afterwards like before Oing?

Bee, Fx'd Af stays away and that you get a surprise BFP!

MrsOtt, my body is acting weird this cycle. Not sure what to think. A baby dust fairy how cute great idea.

Well, again at the same time as Thursday, I had mild cramps but from the other side and then went to the restroom wiped and there was blood. Haven't seen any since then. Strange how it happened around the same time as the Thursday thing. Another thing I notice is my temp has been rising since CD9 from 97.38 to 97.67 and then this morning 97.80. Did I O and not know it since I normal O around CD 19. I'm freaking out. my DH and I got some BDing in but not like we normal do around O time. I'm thinking if I didn't O then hopefully I'll see temps drop again tomorrow but if I did it will rise again. Well, I took an OPK yesterday and it was negative but if I O'd on Cd 9 then of course I missed it with an OPK. I'll keep everyone in tune once I know with what temps are going to be on Sunday. It's so crazy my body is so not doing the norm for me this go around.

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo