Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment Chapter 3

View Full Post

Since we filled 15 pages already, it's time to begin a new thread and to welcome anyone interested in joining our supportive and hilarious group of epo researchers.

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

So let's hear your personal experience with the epo journey to success!

Here's to another chapter!

User image

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Joy ~ I'm glad you ate all that candy, cause you sure need it! Our town celebrated Halloween this past Saturday and we still haven't carved our pumpkins. That's ok though as it will give my daughter and I something to do this evening. We do it more for ourselves anyway.

Bug ~ Glad your temps are cooperating now! Since you didn't O already, what are your BD plans? I've been reading on my ovacue forum and seems the preggo posts all got that way from constantly BDing from as early as 12 days preO!! If that's what it's going to take then I'm out before I've begun. Getting a BD in around my house is like pulling teeth. But maybe you can go all out this round and see what happens?

MrsOtt ~ Hope you've been getting in that BD even though you've been busy! O day coming up is always a great motivator. hehe

Bee ~ I'm keeping my for ya! Curling up with a good book sounds just about "right", right now. I need to make another trip to the library as I'm fresh out. I do have a baby afghan that I need to finish up for a friend. She's due Dec 3 so I better get going on it!

AFM ~ Well, usually I have a 28 day cycle, and today is CD29. I can go out as many as 30 days but that is typically when I O later. This is 15dpo when I usually have a 13 day LP. Hmmm....maybe my OvaCue isn't as reliable as I was hoping? Or maybe I really didn't O until cd18 as the lady on the OvaCue forum suggested and I still have a day or two more to wonder. Ugh. I did take a test yesterday, with smu, although I wish I hadn't. It was a +/- pink dye walmart cheapy and of course came up negative. I also tried doing the Q-Tip test and am not seeing any signs of AF but noticed cervical pain yet again. Still no clue what that's all about. My cm is looking creamy but I'm still thinking I'm out. Not sure why, just figure I'm not that lucky, mostly. Anyways, busy busy as always with lots of homework and housework while my DH is apparently sleeping in. Must be nice to be the boss! lol

Have a great day everyone and !!!

KJ

User Image

12 years ago

KJ, we are going to try to BD every other day until we get closer to O which should happen around Thursday -Sunday so then we will BD every day, (Hopefully) Dh hates when I say lets BD its O time he thinks we are just having S instead of Making love. Sorry your having such a hard time getting BDing but they say to much is not always the best plan. Sorry about your BFN but until AF shows up your NOT out. I always do a QTIP test to right before AF shows up. Fx'd that AF stays away from you.

Oh, and I forgot to say:

User Image

User image

12 years ago • Post starter

Good Morning Ladies and Happy Halloween!!!

Bug: others having dreams about you and a baby are really good signs. I have not had anyone tell me that they have have a dream about me and a baby. I usually have the dream about me and a baby, but at the end of the dream I find out for some reason that the baby isn't mine or I can't keep it. The closest dream I had, was that I was in the hospital, just given birth to a boy and my DH walks in and says he has chosen a name. I never got to see the baby though. As soon as he was born they took him to the nursery. Dreams are really weird and puzzling sometimes.

Bee: Sounds like a good book and a roaring fire is the place to be now. FX that AF stays away!!!

KJ: Are you liking the OvaCue? It sounds like you are a little confused or irritated by it. I'm sending out good vibes for you (and all the ladies). Keep us posted!

AFM: CD14. Got my smiley face this morning for a +OPK. So, DH and I will be "busy" tonight!!!! WE have been keeping up on BD all last week (every other day) So huge finger crossings that this cycle will be our sticky bean cycle.

Have an amazing day, Ladies!!!

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

MrsOtt. Dreams are very weird and puzzling since last cycle I had a dream I was preggo and giving birth and also that I got 3 BFPs but with blood on them. And then ofcourse I got AF. My granny always has dreams when someone is preggo in the family and lately she hasn't had any. YAY, for a smiley face . Fx'd that you catch that eggie.

User image

12 years ago • Post starter

Hello ladies!
I hope you don't mind my dropping in, I have been lurking this thread for months, but haven't posted for quite some time, as I really needed a break, was driving myself crazy!! Glad to see some new faces but also some older ones!!
Joy I am happy you are doing better and soon this whole experience will be behind you and you will be ready for your bump
Just wanted to mention that EPO didn't really work for me, I was taking it for 3 months and didn't see any change in my CM.
A pregnant friend of mine told me that her gyno recommended her agnus castus (vitex) and she fell pregnant immediately (she was trying for 6 months before taking vitex)!
This is my second cycle on it and I immediately noticed EWCM for the first time in my life!
I am currently DPO9 and AF is expected on Thursday, but I am praying she will be a no-show
Will of course let you know how it goes!
Take care all of you and
Hugs
Dinky

12 years ago

Happy Halloween Ladies!

Southen Bee I have tested all weekend. I pulled the FRER out this morning and it was negative. I don't feel pregnant. If anything I've had less symtpoms this month than ever. My chart is kinda weird this month too. It's says I didn't O (not putting too much into that bc I've had it say that before) and my temps are higher than usual. I've had creamy/watery cm since O and today my cervix is high and soft. I can never tell if it's open or closed. But I don't use that as a reference. My body is definitely different this month compared to all the other months but I don't think I'm pregnant.

How's everyone else?

Daisypath Anniversary tickersNotes:

12 years ago

Happy Halloween!

Ott~ I'm so glad you like the link! It looks like a good resource right? btw, I forgot to mention how much I loved your chicken idea. I've got one thawing now for tomorrow night. I'll be sure to include all of us here on my wishbone wish :)

Faith~ I'm with you on not being able to tell open from closed cervix. Especially because mine is tilted (leftie) so half the time I'm just glad to find it! Good luck over the next few days. I'll keep you posted.

Dinky! Great to hear from you girl! I thought about taking vitex more seriously. I have some but I haven't used it in a while. I just make tea with the berries. It's supposed to take a few months to kick in (like all hormonal supports), so I think your friend was lucky to see an immediate response, but everyone's different. Good luck in your tww. xo

Bug, those are some resonating dreams, my friend. Maybe it's time to make tea and cookies for your Gran? She sounds pretty neat.

Kj~ Fingers crossed for you! Sorry the Ovacue is confusing. Imagine our monkey brains devising all these ways to control our environment and understand our bodies with 100% certainty! Ah well, you're doing your best right?

Joy~ Lol, you ate all the candy before Halloween! Awesome. Have a kit kat for me.

Afm~ Still no spotting even around the cervix. I was sure I felt nauseous today while dh and I were out walking. I've looked at the last few cycle and 28 days is my longest. So AF is due tomorrow at lastest. I've been crampy like she's coming. We'll see!

xo

User Image

12 years ago

Happy Halloween ladies!!

Bee - I am eating a kit kat as I type!! I am keeping my that af doesnt show up for you tomorrow!!

dinky - welcome back hun!! We missed you! I hope the vitex does the trick for you!!

MrsOtt - Yay for a smiley!! Happy BD-ing!!!

Bug - Aw I love the tinkerbell Halloween sign! I hope your MIL's dream is a sign of good things to come!!

kj - LoL, I dont know that candy is really the right kind food to be gaining weight on, but oh well! LoL! I hope you and your dd have/had fun carving your pumpkin!! Yay for cd29! Keeping my for ya!!

AFM - Just sitting on the couch with my laptop watching Property Virgins & waiting for trick or treaters to come. I think we've probably only had maybe 15 and it's already almost 7pm! I remember a time we used to have TONS of kids... donno what happened! Dh is at work so I am home alone really for the first time since my hospital stay... feels good! I am getting some laundry done finally too which is awesome cause dh is running out of clothes! (I'd probably be okay for months, just wouldnt have my favs! LoL) Fun, fun!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Halloween!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Joy ~ Well, whether or not candy is the best choice to be gaining with, it sure is a yummy choice! hehe

Bee ~ I'm still not showing anything with my Q-tip test but feeling a little cervical pain so I'm leaving it alone as much as possible. I usually spot just a tiny bit before af shows too, so generally I know it's coming. Still nothing here so far.

Faith ~ I've seen a lot of women end up preggers the very month they felt for sure they were out. Keep your head up cuz your temps look awesome!

MrsOtt ~ As far as the ovacue goes, I think I like it more than not. I just wish my body would cooperate with it more than it is. Of course human error or other nuances could affect my readings so I'm more than willing to hang in there with it and see how next cycle goes.

Dinky ~ Nice to see you pop in again! That's really interesting about the vitex as the epo didn't really do anything for me either. If I make it to my next cycle I'm planning on going w/o the epo this time to see if there is a difference.

Bug ~ Now that you mention it, I remember always having some pretty vivid dreams when I was pregnant. Some pretty wacky ones too! There are a few people in my family who have that same kind of intuition as your g-ma and it's always neat to hear what they have to say.

AFM ~ I forgot to mention earlier that I went out yesterday and bought a B-Complex and Vitamin D. They were buy 1 get 1 at my local pharmacy so I lucked out there. I only got the 400 iu Vit D because I am already on a prenatal, and the two combined make 800 iu so I figure twice the daily recommended dose oughta do. Also, I've had a killer headache the last couple days, it being near debilitating today. I'm afraid to take any meds for it until I get my answer for this cycle. I'm out of tylenol.

I've found myself pleading with God during the last 24hrs. I want this baby to be so badly and I'm terrified I'll never have another one. Just under 5yrs we've been trying now...I feel as though my heart is literally ripped from my chest with each af. Sorry, I'm seriously trying to remain as positive as possible...maybe this headache is contributing to my sudden onset of this melancholy mood. Maybe it's PMS.

KJ

User Image

12 years ago

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!
Hey ladies, sorry been away for a while... bunch of stuff going on and haven't had time to get on and write.

KJ- I hope your prayers get answered girl!! Keep the faith! Good buy on the vitamins... reminds me I need/should get those two as well!

Joy- Glad you're feeling better!

Bee- I hope you don't get AF tomorrow!
Nauseous sign is a good good sign!

Faith- Girl, your temps look so good! I think you have a pretty good chance for a . I'm with you on the symptoms, I have way less this time than usual... maybe it's our month?!?!?! Npw I wish I temped!! ha!

Dinky- Hi! We're cycle buddies- AF is due Thursday or Friday for me!! Hopefully she'll be a no show for the both of us!!

Mrs. Ott- I had a really good friend of mine tell me last cycle that she saw me holding a cute baby girl and she was mine!! She says she has wacky dreams and they come true sometimes ... it didn't happen last cycle, maybe this one? ha! here's to hoping!!
Yay on your smiley OPK, hoping you get your sticky bean this time around!!!

Bug- Have fun BBDing!! I hope you get your sticky bean and your MIL dream comes true, how cool would that be!!!???

AFM- 10 or 11DPO today and just been bloated and gassy and some tender bbs but that's really it.... ohhhh on Friday I had a killer pain on my left side that I yelled out "OUCH", it only lasted seconds. Do you guys think that's something?
I don't feel pregnant, yet again I've never been pregnant so don't know how that feeling is, but just sayin...

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to answer everyone

Much !!!
WRose

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo