Community post

Discussion

The EPO Experiment Chapter 3

View Full Post

Since we filled 15 pages already, it's time to begin a new thread and to welcome anyone interested in joining our supportive and hilarious group of epo researchers.

For those who are new, I think it's appropriate to give a little spiel:
EPO is supposed to help create more cm when taken from cycle days 1- Ov. Stop taking it from Ov until your next cycle, which we all hope to ride through with warmer temps, high high cervixes and a BFP, not to mention love and support.
Some folk switch to flax oil after Ov, but some of us just quit and hope for the best.

So let's hear your personal experience with the epo journey to success!

Here's to another chapter!

User image

288 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

191 - 200 of 288 Replies | Last Page

Joy ~ I truly hope this is just AF and I was right about discounting the spotty days. I can sooo understand your anxiety levels being on the rise at night, all things considered. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers hun! And it's been almost 24hrs so I need an update from you soon or I'll start worrying!

Shea ~ You are so awesome for being saying you were thankful for all of us! You are spot on there though, and I too am extremely thankful I have this forum to turn to. Also, yes the name brand definitely helps! The XR's are the extended release versions however and on every PCOS forum I've prowled I have seen that those help tremendously with the stomach upset/diarrhea side effects.

Bee ~ Yay for good cm, but boo for no nookie! It's a good thing you and your Dh will be able to be together for all those months as I'm sure it will help get some extra BD's in there.

I know that isn't everyone but I'm going to have to stop there for now. I have such a busy week coming up and with all the emotional upset last week I really need to take a break. My in-laws are coming tomorrow afternoon and staying over so they can be here when my DH has his surgery on Tuesday. Then we will be home from surg on Wednesday, the in-laws will be gone, and I can just relax and take care of my family. Thursday is Thanksgiving and our Anniversary and needless to say we won't be doing much. My DH's surg will prevent him from eating properly so a nice meal is out, and so is travel. *Sigh* Oh well, I'm just so so thankful that the DH and I have cleared the dust and settled our issues. My house feels more like a home than it has in several years. Maybe this is what my baby-to-be was waiting for. Here's to hoping!

KJ

User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Kj - I'm still here!! I am happy to report that the bleeding SEEMS to be following a very af-type path! Night before last I soaked my doubled up pad in 10 hrs, last night it was on for 9hrs and I didnt bleed nearly as much! Yay for progress!! Today seems to be a little lighter than the last 2 days too.

I am so happy to hear that the dust has cleared & that your house is feeling more like a home again! My thoughts are with you and your dh this week! I hope all goes perfectly!

AFM - As I told Kj, the bleeding seems to be slowing a bit.. keeping my that this really is af!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Hi Friends.
Sorry I've been MIA lately. I haven't been feeling great - headache and exhaustion. Not sure what it's all about, but have just been trying to relax and not do more than I have to. Migraines/headaches take so much out of me.

Joy: So happy to hear that you are having a successful AF! Yay!

I hope everyone is well. I'm here, just busy. Thinking about you all and still praying for some BFPs for Christmas!

xoxo
Ayrian

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ayrian - Thanks! I hope you're feeling better hun!

AFM - Gonna be a busy day for me today... gotta clean my house, do some laundry, go out shopping with my Mom, then dinner out with the family, then the whole family is coming back to our house for dinner and cake for my Daddy's birthday. Busy busy!!

As for the bleeding, there was even less on the pad this morning when I woke up! Only been up moving around for about an hour, but so far its pretty light!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Joy

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

12 years ago

Joy ~ YAY!!! OMG You have no idea how relieved I am for you, and that my assumption about the spotting proved right. One step closer to ttc again! If we don't celebrate the little steps along the way, it can sometimes feel like a long stretch of failures. So here's to a normal AF!

MrsOtt ~ I'm right there with you on the migraines. I've been off of my migraine preventatives for a while now, and with ttc I'm afraid to take the wrong pain killers to alleviate anything. I'm suffering right along beside ya! And man are you right about them taking it out of you.

AFM ~ CD 21 now, and about 7 DPO, so far no real symptoms but I did wake up feeling slightly queasy this morning and BB's are a lil' tender, but that's not altogether unusual. I have been extremely, uh, randy? lately. lol But that could just be a celebratory reaction still to how far my DH and I have come in the last week.

I have an appointment with my NP tomorrow and I'm going to see if she will do bloodwork on me. I'd like to see what my progesterone levels are right now. My ovacue is still showing a declining level on my vaginal readings, and they say on their forum that that could indicate a progesterone deficiency. Sooo...hopefully I can convince her to do the test and I can maybe start to make some sense of things.

My DH's surgery is tomorrow, supposed to take him back at 2pm EST so I probably won't update for a day or two again. That being said I want to wish those of us celebrating Thanksgiving this Thursday a Happy Turkey Day! And I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers!

KJ

User Image

12 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Started taking Vitex last Wednesday and Mucinex last thursday. I spotted on Saturday night/early sunday morning, When i saw that, i decided not to continue the vitex but have conitinued the mucinex and did notice more CM. Nothing like EWCM yet. I have never spotted between cycles before and now is not the time to mess up my hormones. It was bright red and about 1 teaspoon much if i had to estimate. The label said take it 2-3 times daily for 8-12 weeks but i took 1 a day for 4 days and it had that effect on my system already, that's some powerful stuff. Haven't started the using the DOPK this cycle yet. Somehow i feel if i start, i'll get angst and I want to enjoy this, not make it a project, which is what i've started feeling.

So i'm just gonna get my DD to bed earlier and bring out my inner freak!

I was suppose to order some folic acid tablets but i figure at this point the prenatals I have will suffice this cycle.

Hoping for a summer bundle next year

with him all things are possible, his grace is sufficient for me

12 years ago

Joy: So happy to read that it's AF flow!!! Yay!
Thanks for the well wishes.

Talless: Wow, vitex really made you spot? I hope you didn't get too freaked out. Hope the rest of your cycle gets back onto track.

KJ: aren't migraines the worst. I really wish that they wouldn't find me. They are so debilitating and they never give me any warning they are coming. There have been a few times that I have had to leave work early, holding a plastic bag in front of me incase i vomited. Ugh. I really don't like those things. My Father has chronic headaches and I have no idea how he can be so humble with the constant pain.
GL with your appointment tomorrow
I hope your DH heals quickly from his surgery.

AFM:I'm CD11. Getting ready to O over our Thanksgiving on Thursday. Still doing good with holding out on not doing any OPK's or BBTs. I actually feel so relaxed with it and I noticed my DH is doing so good. We have been really enjoying our moments together and have actually BD more this month than we have in perfect timing months. I pray it will all pay off. :)

~Ayrian User Image User Image

12 years ago

Hi ladies!

Ayrian - Thanks sweetie! I am soo happy that its just af!! .... tho even now I have a hard time believing it! Haha! Maybe once it has gone completely! LoL!
Happy BD-ing!!

talless - Yikes! Glad you stopped the Vitex! Last thing you need to do is mess with your cycle!

Kj - Thanks hun! Trust me we are definitely celebrating all the small victories!! Tomorrow should be the end of af and so dh and I are going out for dinner and a movie
I hope all goes well with your dh's surgery!

AFM - I'm just watching some tv with dh... we're watching a show called "Merlin", it's actually pretty good.

Hope everyone had a great day!
Joy

12 years ago

Hi ladies...

Well I am feeling very defeated today. Was super excited that everything was getting back to normal, my bleeding was light on Monday, and just spotting yesterday....

then today I wake up to some blood on my pad, graunted not a lot, but it's there none the less (had less all day yesterday) Then when I went to the washroom there was a fair bit of blood on the tp when I wiped. What the hell is going on?? I thought I was good, that I was back to normal finally, but I guess that was too much to hope for. I am absolutely crushed.

Joy

12 years ago

Awww Joy- I hope you start feeling better girl! I hate that you had more blood today than yesterday. See how the rest of today goes and tomorrow and maybe call your doctor. Maybe it's the last of it and there's one more gush coming back out... I don't know what to tell you. Will be praying for you!!!

Mrs. Ott- nice to hear you're doing great! Hoping this is your lucky cycle girl!!

Talles- weird how vitex made you spot. I've never heard that before, but I guess it makes sense cause it messes with hormones? I have no idea what it's supposed to help with... Do you also take EPO? Have fun ing lady!!

KJ- Hey we're almost cycle buddies, I think I'm around DPO 5-6 too, have no idea exactly as I never got a positive OPK but I thought I felt some ovulation pain last week... Good luck and I know what you mean about some symptoms that you think are different but maybe not as you've felt them before in non-pregnant cycles... same here!
On a different note I hope your progesterone levels will come out good if you end up doing a test! Also, hoping your hubby's surgery goes well today!!! Much love sweetie!

Bee- I know, I've heard that it messes up with your LP and not when you actually ovulate... gosh, I'm sooo confused... I guess we'll have to wait and see, and it's going to kill me cause more than likely I already I will probably be late if that's true.. If I am, I just have to hope it's a little bean and not showing up late! What's going on with you, did you get a positive OPK?

Liz- Wow don't really know what to make of your biopsy. 'Out of phase' what does that mean? I guess you'll find out more when you go back mid-cycle. Hoping the extra supplements help you out! I'm also taking B6! And yep funny how your bf uploaded an ap for temps!! haha!! that's so sweet!!! Good luck with everything!!!

AFM- Not sure how many DPO I am but thinking it's around 5-6 based on ovulation pain I felt last week... I've noticed an increase in hunger, my skin in my face has broken out into lots of zits (I usually get them right before my period) and got a cold sore on Sunday. I'm bloated too but that's not unusual... Af is supposed to show up next week but if I ovulated later than usual then more than likely she will be late... I HOPE SHE SKIPS ME THIS TIME!!!

Much love and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all ladies!!

WRose

User Image

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo