Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 413 Replies | Last Page

ma - this is my very first transfer. I did too have a freeze all cycle due to high estrogen. I got approved for a natural cycle for my transfer this month. No meds only trigger. Had monitoring CD8,10 and 12and today cd 13 I am triggering. My nurse said looks like my FET will be next sautrday. All my frozen embies are 5 day blasts. I decided I will only transferring 1 my first time.

7 years ago

They suggested I do a medicated cycle with assisted hatching..... maybe my frozen embryos aren't of great quality. I am doing 1 at the time too because where I live it is government funded and they only allow 1 at the time. Do you have to do progesterone too in natural cycle? How many frozen embryos did u ended up with?

7 years ago

Oh yes I'm starting progesterone today too. I had 10 blasts frozen. 7 of them grade AA and 3 grade AB

7 years ago

From what my nurse said they like to do hormone replacement cycles to help with the timing. My cycles aver very regular and usually my hormone levels are where they should be so maybe that's why. The meds are there to allow them to control the lining etc.

7 years ago

It makes sense. And sounds like ur embryos are awesome!!!! You will get pregnant right away you'll see. So what is your diagnose?

7 years ago

ma - I really hope so... My diagnose is unexplained infertility. Did so many tests, all are good. Husband did have low sperm count but I've heard people get pregnant with lower #s. My acupuncturists says I have poor circulation so it may be why I"m having problems. Not really sure

7 years ago

I have unexplained infertility as well. When I did blood work my FSH and LH ratio was crazy. My LH was really high... which is normally a sign of PCOS (at least thats what I read in google) but drs didn't think it was a big deal. I have a retroverted uterus too. Husband numbers don't seem too bad. The only thing that came a bit low was morphology.

7 years ago

Ma-espe- I am doing an IUI this cycle to try for baby #2. My daughter is 20 months now and she was from my 6th IVF in 2014 (3rd FET). All of my FETs were medicated and yes that's due mostly to being able to time it better. Usually the meds are much easier...just lupron, estrogen and progesterone in most cases. Not mine though lol. I had to do antibiotics, lupron, steroids, estrogen, 2 types of progesterone and a blood thinner! I transferred 2 embryos with my daughter, 1 was spontaneously hatching, both embryos stuck but only 1 baby developed. I'm pretty sure she was the hatching 1. So assisted hatching would probably be a good thing. They typically do it if your embryos show signs of having a thicker than normal outer layer just to help them out.

Surprise surprise! I went in for my mid cycle u/s this am and had a nice mature 18.5mm follicle! Blood work came back this afternoon signaling that I am ready to ovulate ASAP so I am triggering in an hour once my Ovidrel comes to room temp and going in for the IUI tomorrow morning! I totally wasn't expecting that! With my cycles averaging 40-44 days I was thinking it would be next week.

7 years ago • Post starter

Jandei- hey! Just realized if we are both triggering today we should have the same beta day!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi mnor0406 that is awesome news!!! Always so nice when things speed up a bit. You did had a really hard time conceiving your daughter..... may I ask why are you doing IUI instead of IVF?

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo