Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 413 Replies | Last Page

Hello all! Looks like things are chugging right along for everyone! Sorry I've been mia, life has been busy with easter and spring break prep

Ma-espe- I see you had your transfer! Awesome! I tested positive with my daughter at like 4.75dp5dt. It was quick! But I also had 2 embryos implant at the beginning.

Jandei- You're trying to jump back on the ivf horse and do another transfer this month? I used injectable estradiol and progesterone during most of my cycles and I actually liked that better because it was only once a day for progesterone and once every 3 days for estradiol. And no messy, goopy vajajay! If it's cheaper for you go for it! It's not that bad.

Two+1- How was the iui? Did you have good #s?

I am taking a break from IUI this month because it looks like ovulation will fall the end of this week and I am babysitting extra kids because school is out for spring break. There's no way I would have been able to get out for the ultrasounds or IUI. We will pick back up in May and just try naturally this month.

6 years ago • Post starter

Hi mnor.... nice to take a little bit of a break.... and also to do your IUI as stress free as possible. Probably a wise idea to postpone it til May.
Do you remember if you have any cramps with your daughter after you did the transfee and how soon after did they start? I basically have been cramping since the evening of the day of the transfer. Hoping it is a positive sign.

6 years ago

Hi friends! Its so exciting to read about everyone's progress! I haven't checked the thread for a few weeks so sorry if I missed anything big.

For my journey, things are starting to move! I had my baseline ultrasound and labs today and got the green light to start my meds tonight! I'm going to be on 150U each of Menopur and Gonal-F. They taught me how to mix and give the meds today in clinic... so we'll see how it all works out tonight. My retrieval is tentatively scheduled for 4/28 but might be 4/30, depending on how my follies mature.

Good luck to everyone waiting! I have my fingers crossed for all of you!!

6 years ago

Hey kmksmd - awesome to hear that your process is moving along

Hey mnor0406 - nothing wrong with experimenting naturally

6 years ago

Hey Ma-espe if you are interested I got a very light bfp two days after transfer both times I have done it. Both times they were hatching or completely hatched.

6 years ago

I did test today at 4dp5dt and was bfn :(. I hope it is just early for me. Blast was 4BA before freezing and 3BA after thawed.... they did assisted hatching. So hoping just taking longer to implant. Did you transfer more than 1 at the time?

6 years ago

I have only transferred one at a time. I did go through all the preimplantation genetic testing this time around and only had one left of my seven frozen (from two years ago) as either they died in the thawing for the testing or were abnormal. So the one left was obviously a tough little fella having being thawed twice and tested. It is a long journey isn't it. We take the wins where we can.

6 years ago

Yes we do! I have 3 more frozen blasts. The ferrility clinic where I am doesn't offer further testing on the embryos..... but on the other hand it is government funded so other than meds I am not paying for anything else..... I had a mc a year ago... I conceived natural. It was an anembryonic pregnancy. Scared blasts are not good quality :(. But on the other hand we do have a son (6yo) which I conveived natural and obviously carried him to full term. So I know it can def happen

6 years ago

Ladies, help!! I had my first round of injections last night with the Gonal-F multi dose vial and Menopure 2 vials of powder in 1 vial of saline. Both are 150 U and about 1 cc of fluid. Today I have a HUGE bruise on my abdomen where I injected... what am I doing wrong? I used ice before hand to numb it and did the injection just how the nurse at my clinic showed me and what the video tutorial said. Any advice at all? or do I just have to get used to looking like a pincushion??

6 years ago

Hi kmksmd perhaps don't ice beforehand. the needles really are so small that you can barely feel them anyway. You want to get the drugs into your system and icing may shunt blood away from the area. You don't need to pinch skin as inject, I just normally hold the skin a bit tight. Like you might do if you were plucking your eyebrows. Try another spot on the opposite side of the tummy and see how you go. but yes, also get used to looking like a pin cushion :-)

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo