Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 413 Replies | Last Page

Brandy - wow I bet this process feels like it's taking forever! I hope you are getting excited for your retrieval though - will be here before you know it! I'm so excited for you!

I'm doing fine - just biding my time until the first ultrasound on march 7th - if there is a heartbeat I thin it will be more real for me...

7 years ago

Finally ready to trigger tonight! ER is set for 8am Thursday :D

Happiness.. how did your beta go?

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

7 years ago

SO excited for you Brandy!!!!!! Let me know how it goes! Yes, Happiness, how did beta go?

7 years ago

Wow lots of activity on this thread lately! There wasn't much response when I started it so I haven't been on to check in awhile. Let's see if I can catch up! I had to jot down a few notes lol

Violet- Congrats on your IVF pregnancy! Do you have a date for your first u/s? It seems like it takes forever to get to that first one! Any early symptoms yet?

Brandy - Did you have ER last Thurs? How did it go? Was this your first IVF?

Happiness - Any beta or af yet?

Two+1 - IUI is definitely less expensive but doesn't increase your odds of getting pregnant each month. My insurance covers IUI so I mainly just pay copays. Last time I did IVF (6 rounds in 2013-2014) we shelled out between 25-30k out of pocket so that's a major con but chances of conceiving each time are usually between 30-40% instead of 20%. And if you are dealing with any type of male factor infertility (didn't catch if you were or not?) then IVF is the better option.

Waitinggame - OM freaking G! Congrats on getting pregnant naturally this time! We have been trying naturally since August and I was secretly hoping that would happen to us but no such luck! Great to hear from you!

As for me I am going for preliminary blood work on Tuesday to start a natural cycle IUI round this month. I can't take any stimulus meds due to still breastfeeding my daughter. So fingers crossed I will ovulate on my own! Hoping to get a couple IUI rounds in before summer and get lucky with a baby#2 before moving on to IVF.

7 years ago • Post starter

Starting our first IUI cycle in a few weeks will be starting clomid tomorrow and then once follicles are ready will do the ovudril shot ! Hopefully we get it right the first time :) ..

7 years ago

Mnor yes this is our first and only IVF, we've spent a lot on one try since nothing is covered (and not getting younger).

Got 6 eggs at egg retrieval and only one got fertilized. On pins and needles waiting for the doctor to call today to see if it continued to grow and we can do the transfer tomorrow.

7 years ago

Brandy, oh my goodness, please let us know...did they do ICSI? Also, it will be a five day transfer, right?

mnor0406 - our first ultrasound is tomorrow and hopefully there will be a heartbeat...I'm still reserving excitement in case something doesn't go well tomorrow morning. My boobs are huge and sore, and I'm hungry all the time but other than that, so real symptoms.

Happiness, what happened with your beta?

Good luck with the iuis girls!! Please keep us posted.

7 years ago

Finally got the call, transfer is tomorrow morning! I am so relieved. They did not end up doing ICSI, I guess his sample looked really good and they didn't feel it was necessary (kind of wishing they had now). Although, there was another on this board who had 5 eggs and none of them fertilized with ICSI so I guess you never know.

Violet... good luck tomorrow and let us know how the ultrasound goes!

7 years ago

Hello ladies! Finally found a IVF forum

A little about me. Had 5 x double IUIs (2 each cycle) didn't work. Decided to do IVF. I am done with meds, retrieval and had to do a "freeze all" due to high estrogen levels. Super sad... I'm 10 days past egg retrieval now and on CD1. The good news was that I have 10 - 5day blasts frozen (all were ICSI'ed) but I got the strangest news today at my transfer consultation. They said I can't do my transfer until APRIL 20th!!!! Why so long from now? The nurse just said I won't have enough time for all the meds. Didn't really explain much. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Reading your experiences and I'm so excited for you all. Good luck to everyone! As difficult as this journey is at least we are all in this together

Brandy - with your transfer tomorrow. I bet you are over the moon excited!!!!

7 years ago

Brandy - Hope your transfer went well! I know plenty of ladies who only had 1 embryo and got pregnant. Fingers x'ed for you!

Violet - I hope you saw a little heartbeat!

Two+1 - I just had my baseline u/s and no cysts or anything so it looks like I will be a go for IUI this month too. Maybe it will be around the same time as you!

Janeiro - 10 frosties is fantastic! I also have 10 left from my ivf rounds in 2014. My daughter was a frozen transfer. Many recent studies are showing that FETs actually have a higher success rate than fresh because your body starts with a clean slate and isn't stressed from the retrieval process and crazy hormone levels. Most of the time meds leading up to an FET actually start a cycle and 1/2 before the transfer before your cd1. Since you are already at cd1 you will have to wait for your next one. The meds will actually induce your next cd1 at a controlled time so they can line everything up just right. Just because it's a frozen cycle doesn't make it a faster process than a retrieval cycle.

7 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo