Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 413 Replies | Last Page

ma_espe - what kind of progesterone will you be taking? I've been taking endometrin and after yesterdays consult I got switched to shots. Not sure the name brand yet

6 years ago

This is my first transfer ever. I am not sure of the embryos quality but I remember they were not what they consider "perfect quality". I have 1 5d and 3 6d. I am assuimng the day 5 is the best one. I will have assisted done. However this is not my first pregnancy. I have an almost 6 year old boy that I conceived naturally. And I had a MC last year in June that I conveived naturally as well. All pregnancies and attempts have been with same husband.
I was going to ask you when you were going to try again.... but wasn't sure how you were doing. I know nothing that I say is going to make it any better. But sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy and that I have read is a good sign. What did your doctor say? Will you try something different this next cycle?
I am super nervous for Friday. Trying to stay as calm and relaxed as possible.

6 years ago

They do endometrin as well but I have no drug plan so I asked them to switch me to they ones they make at the oharmacy that are much cheaper. But I am actually getting more this way.... endomwtrin I think they are 100mg 3xa day. The ones I am taking are 200mg 2x a day

6 years ago

ma_espe - I was very nervous in the days leading up to my transfer too. It's impossible not to be. For some reason the day of, being with my husband I was super calm and relaxed. We got all the emotions out the night before and on the way there we listened to music the whole way and not talked about it. The procedure will be over before you even know it. Did they prescribe you valium to take with you to the procedure? That really helped me relax even more while I was there. Are you planning on doing a little bed rest after? I know some clinics recommend it and others say it doesn't make a difference. Mine happened to be on a Saturday so I did stay in bed those 2 days. The only thing my doc said on what happened to me is that maybe that embryo had chromosomal abnormalities. I didn't have my embryos tested (no PGS and PGD). Also, from what I understand the grade of the embryo really doesn't matter. Some women implant with poor grade and others don't with excellent. Oh the world of ivf... never would I've imagined I'd be such an expert lol I'm not doing anything different this cycle as I had good lining, levels etc without meds. I will also do a trigger shot again. Going through this chemical preg was tough but I tell myself it wasn't meant to be. I hope this is not something that is a problem with me and I will be able to carry to full term Is your endometrin covered by insurance? For me this is the only medication for some reason that my insurance doesn't cover and it costs over $1000 for a 3 week supply. This is pretty much the only reason why they are switching me to shots. Apparently they are cheaper

6 years ago

Jandei: I didn't get mine tested either I dont think they do that at my clinic. Yes I have heard it doesn't matter much the quality at the moment of implantation that's why I didn't look to find out too much info.... one less thing I have to stress about. No they didn't prescribe valium or anything else? I hope I can just relax.... and then probably be on bed rest for the rest of the day. Clinic said to take it easy the day of the transfer and after that you can go back to doing your normal activities. At least that is what they have on the info papers they gave me. Maybe they will give me some different instructions that day.
Glad you can do a natural cycle again.... it is much easier on your body..... hormones are no fun trust me. At least since I started progesterone it is getting much better. I know someone in this website that had a chemical with her fresh cycle and then got pregnant with her first FET. I think you will be pregnant on your next FET :). I don't have insurance so I have to pay all medicines out of pocket. That is why I asked to get switched from Endometrin to suppositories mixed in the pharmacy. I paid $107 canadian for 3 weeks supply.

6 years ago

ma_espe - Since you had a few IUIs already, this will be no big deal. I said this was better than a IUI and all the nurses started laughing and said that everyone says that. It really is that smooth. I saw everything on a screen and that took my mind off of the stress as well. As far as progesterone. Yea, I had a feeling there was something wrong with the price at this pharmacy. I haven't paid anything yet because I had a few months supply I ordered last year when it was covered.

6 years ago

Jandei.... thanks for your support.... :) I think I am just stressed and anxious about the outcome.... not the pain cause I read it is just like IUIs and they were always completely painless. I just read there should be no bleeding involved and they can't touch the end of the uterous or it will completely wreck the whole procedure. I have a retroverted uterus. But truthfully I should stop worrying cause it is nothing I can do about it.
Yes pharmacy must be doing something wrong bc at my pharmacy endometrin for 3 weeks supply was around $350.... can't see it been almost 3 times more at yours. Good thing you have leftovers! That definetly helps a lot :)

6 years ago

Sorry for coming in to the conversations late.

Ma-espe I went through my FET a couple of weeks ago now and all I will say is that I was so focused on my full bladder and how long till I could pee that really not much else mattered. My focus was on the distance to the toilet and nothing else.

Being stressed will not be the difference between an FET working or not working :-)

Might be fun to take a camera and have pics taken if they show the embryo on the screen or something like that.

6 years ago

Gemmar: thanks for your advice.... full bladders are def no fun..... and you are right.... all I am going to be thinking of is how not to pee my pants before they are done....
Was this your first FET? What was the outcome?

6 years ago

Ma_espe - good luck today! Let us know how it went

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo