Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

181 - 190 of 413 Replies | Last Page

Thank you kmk and momdance!!! :)

6 years ago

ma_espe that's sooooooooo great! I'm super happy for you! ! I can't say I'm surprised because the whole time I really had a good feeing I hope you can now really get excited, happy, and start enjoying this beautiful time. Other than the tests are you having any symptoms?

kmk - our #s are similar. I had 17 as well and ended up retrieving 23. In my case 17 were mature. Did anyone tell you to drink lots of gatorade a few days before retrieval and definitely a few days after? My doc had me eating chips, nuts (anything with high sodium) and specifically said to only drink gatorade. They were a little afraid of OHSS for me and I had high estrogen and I'm sure that's not the case for you but I really think it can't hurt. Are you going to have a fresh transfer after retrieval? Will you be using PIO as well?

6 years ago

Thank you Jandei.... I am tired, back pain comes and goes specially if I am too active, decreased appetite... still runny nose and just like a weird feeling in my stomach where my belly button is... don't know how to describe it.... not painful though.
I have a good feeling this is hoing to be YOUR cycle :)

6 years ago

That's great, you enjoy those symptoms. Everything is probably stretching in there preparing room for the baby/babies You know with assisted hatching the chances for twins are higher and at 581.... you never know You know the back pain must be one of the very, very first symptoms. I had back pain with my dismal hcg at 26

6 years ago

Hey Jandei, I saw what you posted to kmk. I'm a newbie to everything and I won't begin my process until June - so I will keep this in mind: "Did anyone tell you to drink lots of gatorade a few days before retrieval and definitely a few days after? My doc had me eating chips, nuts (anything with high sodium) and specifically said to only drink gatorade. They were a little afraid of OHSS for me and I had high estrogen and I'm sure that's not the case for you but I really think it can't hurt."

Thanks for sharing

And I agree, ma_espe ENJOY the baby aches and pains... Sounds so crazy to say but after the journey... every SINGLE moment of pregnancy is a blessing :-)

6 years ago

Trust me I will enjoy evey single pain I go through :). And indeed back pain has always been one of the first symptoms as well as runny nose. I do know assisted hatching increases chances for twins. I would love that.... but with the hcg I have read both.... high hcg and low hcg.... basically saying nothing sure til ultrasound. But it would definetly be a pleasant surprise.
I was never told about increasing sodiun. I just know they did a different trigger shot and freeze all cycle to prevent OHSS.

6 years ago

Yea ma_espe I know HCG means absolutely nothing when determining if it's twins but you never know

dancemom - glad this info was helpful. I am certain this is why I didn't get OHSS. I loaded my body with sodium and as far as gatorade - not only it has a good amount of sodium but also has electrolytes that are very helpful. I chugged gatorade like a maniac lol

6 years ago

Hey Jandei,

Hahahhaha... how many days in advance of the transfer did you drink gatorade?

6 years ago

Jandei - I’m really hoping to recruit a few more follicles to mature status before retrieval. I’m doing a final dose of Gonal F tonight before my trigger but my estrogen went from 1665 Monday to 3473 today so I won’t be taking Menopur tonight. My doc was a little worried about OHSS because of how vigorously I responded… he didn’t say anything about salty foods and gatorade but that’s why I love these forums. :-) I’ll start both of those tonight… that means a trip to the store for tasty snacks! Yay! We are doing a freeze all because we need ICSI and genetic testing because of a known chromosomal abnormality, plus I have to have a uterine septum resection in a few weeks before they will transfer an embaby. He thinks transfer will likely be in mid-June, and at that time I will be on both PIO and vaginal progesterone.

6 years ago

My estrogen levels were at 13465 before ER..... and I didn't develope OHSS.. but we used a different trigger shot and that's why we have to do a freeze all cycle. I think you should be ok and taking Jandei's advice should definetely help.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo