Community post

Discussion

2017 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Hey ladies! I have an 18 month old daughter from my 6th round of IVF back in 2014 and we have started the process of trying for baby #2 in 2017. We may do a couple IUI rounds before using our frozen embryos from 2014. Any ladies who will be doing IUI or IVF in the new year?

413 Replies • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 413 Replies | Last Page

Janeiro haha thanks autocorrect...I meant Jandei obviously!

7 years ago • Post starter

Hi ladies! We just had our first meeting with our new RE last week. I was told before we moved by our last RE that I had low ovarian reserve, my DH has XYY and severe oligospermia and that it "would take an act of God to get you pregnant". This new RE was so much more positive!! He told us IVF was out only option so we will be starting this process in the next few weeks.

Because of DH's genetic stuff and very low numbers, they will be doing ICSI, freezing everything, and waiting to see about if the genetic abnormality was passed down with PGD/PGS. Then only those 5d embryos will be candidates... he said he wants to push me and try for 20ish follicles instead of the usual 8-15. I'm a little worried about OHSS but I guess it's worth it if we can get some healthy embryos.

My sister in law just announced her pregnancy... they weren't even trying so its a little frustrating. I'm happy for them, of course, but it still hurts a little that we have to try so hard and it was so easy for them.

7 years ago

I have also heard that success is higher with frozen transfers - so excited for everyone on here!

Brandy - how did the transfer go?

We did see a strong heartbeat today, so feeling like this is finally real! Can't believe it was only a month ago that we did the transfer - feels like so long ago...

7 years ago

Kmk - We were successful with IVF with multiple issues! I have pcos, immune and clotting issues and dh has a very low sperm count. It can happen even when chances are slim! Also I had 3 retrievals and on the last 2 I got 24 and 25 mature eggs from 40+ total follicles. I didn't get ohss either cycle. If you are at a reputable clinic they should be able to manage it and help you avoid ohss as much as possible. Drink lots of gatorade, eat lots of protein and get your rest afterwards.

And yes watching others get pregnant so easily sucks so bad! In my 6.5 yrs trying for my daughter one of my close coworkers had 3 babies! 3! She used to joke that her ob said he didn't want to turn the lights off and be in a dark room with her for fear she would get pregnant. In my head I was always like be-otch! She did offer to surrogate for us though but luckily it didn't come to that. I still get jealous even though I have my daughter because we are trying hard for a sibling but it comes so easily for all my friends.

Violet - Congrats on seeing the heartbeat! One more milestone closer! Things will really slow down after your first u/s or 2 until you can feel movement or find out the gender if you choose to...waiting for those will feel like foreverrrrrr lol

Jandei - I have also been reading that FET cycles have higher success rates than fresh. I know it’s a bit of a wait, but take this time for yourself to enjoy a few things you may not be able to soon!

Mnor – glad everything is looking well, good luck with your IUI!

Violet – so happy to hear your ultrasound went well! I am super excited for you!

Kmk – I wish you the best of luck. I am sure they will monitor you very closely so hopefully OHSS doesn’t occur but it might be a little extra painful. I was allowed to use a heating pad prior to the transfer, that was really the only thing that helped me!

As for me, the transfer went well (really hurt!). RE put a “hard” larger catheter in first so the soft catheter with the blast could go inside since they had so much difficulty during my trial transfer. Seemed like it took an eternity but at least I had my husband there to dig my finger nails into . She said another egg had fertilized but it let two sperm in, so couldn’t be used. But, she said the one we have is beautiful. I am hoping with every ounce of my being that it works. I’m sure we will find a way, but it is not going to be easy to afford the entire process all over again if it doesn't.

Brandy257 TTC#1, 2 years and 4 months

7 years ago

Hey everyone!

Dying to hear the updates - Brandy, it's been 5 days - how are you feeling??

I'm seven weeks as of yesterday and will have another ultrasound next week to make sure everything is ok.

7 years ago

Violet I am so happy to hear things are going well!!

I am feeling ok. Been testing out the hcg and it completely disappeared yesterday... thought I saw a faint line this morning but do not want to get my hopes up! 6dp5dt as of today. Woke up with a sore throat today but now that I'm all healed, that's about it. Lol

How is everyone else?

7 years ago

Brandy, waiting to hear the news Quick question. Did they give you a volume before transfer? Also, did you have a mock transfer prior? Things have changed for me and I'm doing a natural cycle FET so my transfer will now be in about 2 weeks. Really nervous. My clinic doesn't do mock transfers and I have a slightly tilted uterus so that makes me nervous.

And to all the ladies out there who will have your embies frozen - I had 10 blasts frozen all grade aa and ab and was super happy, only to find out later that they didn't freeze them individually. Instead they froze 2 per straw meaning that when they thaw them they HAVE to thaw both (grade aa - best grade my clinic gives). That made me super mad that I wasn't given a choice. I only want to transfer 1 and not waste the other. I guess they can be re-frozen but I feel like they should've froze them individually since they loose quality when they are re-frozen. Just figured I'd mention that to spare someone of some tears...

everyone

7 years ago

Jandei.. I'm going to guess they didn't give me a volume before transfer (I'm not sure what that means!). I did have a trial transfer that didn't go well but they took precautions to overcome that during the real transfer.

Aaaand I must have been seeing things yesterday because today was stark white. So, definitely not getting any hopes up that this worked. :(

7 years ago

Brandy - Keep testing! Most people get their first bfp around 7-8dpt. Fingers x'ed! I was surprised twice over 6 transfers with + betas and - hpts but unfortunately I miscarried them. You never know though! I do know ladies who went on to have successful pregnancies in the same situation.

Jandei - I'm guessing you meant a Valium instead of volume? It's fairly common and is supposed to help you relax and not clench up which makes it easier to get through the cervix. I never took one pre-transfer but wish I did because you can get super anxious. I only had a mock transfer before my 1st of 6 transfers. They guide it with ultrasound and can see the position of the end of the catheter in your uterus before they transfer so the mock transfer is kind of redundant. Also your cervix positioning can change every month. Sometimes it's easier than others. Out of my 6 transfers 2 were pretty uncomfortable due to my cervix being difficult and the other 4 I barely felt at all.

All my initial blood work came back perfect. On target estradiol, progesterone, fsh and thyroid. I was glad to see I still have high ovarian reserve now that I have entered my 30's :( Luckily my frozen embryos will always be from my 28 yr old body no matter what. Now I'm just waiting for a follicle scan next Monday on cd16. They wanted me to come in this Thurs on cd12 but I couldn't make it due to my daycare business and my cycles have been 40-44 days anyways. I don't think I would have been anywhere near ready to ovulate on cd12. I will be doing opks between Thurs and Mon just in case and if I get + opk we will just bd at home instead of do an IUI. If we miss the IUI window it's not a huge biggie because our plan is to do an FET in July anyways.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo