Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Trying to conceive by IUI or IVF either by the first time or not.

300 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 300 Replies | Last Page

claudiamarie23, how many times a day are you testing? I generally test 2-3 times a day when I'm getting to close to make sure I don't miss that surge. Although my surge has always in the past been longer than 24 hours, that doesn't mean it always will be. :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

just once. idk if i should do it again this afternoon or just stick with the mid morning.

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

claudiamarie23: I have read and been told that you should test every 12 hours. So when you first wake up and in the evening.

User Image

10 years ago

Most women have their surge around 8-10am, so testing early afternoon is a good bet. But that was never convenient for me. I usually test with FMU (check your opks, some say not to use first morning urine - if they say that, use second morning urine), then when I get home from work around 6pm, and again before bed. I usually get my first positive when I get home from work.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

yea the box says dont use first am urine and that you should not have used the restroom for at least 4hrs before you test. so i go at 615-630 then test at 1030am. my nurse said once a day is all i need :-/

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

That's a big assumption on the part of your nurse. Test strips are like 30 cents a piece. Go pee on something. :)

10 years ago

lol ahahahaha i have. i just did again. ill try again tonight.
thats how i felt. my wife was like i feel like were gonna miss it.

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

I have a hard time catching my surge, and test up to 3 times a day when I'm close. I always seem to start to surge later in the day. I have read too that it's best to test between 10 am and 6 pm. I'd do another one after work, just to be safe.

User Image

10 years ago

@northernbabydream yea exactly. like how do u knowmy sure is mid morning lol how long do u surge for btw. i assume were all different in that aspect as well

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

I don't know how long I surge for exactly, since I stop testing once I get it. But I do know from monitoring ultrasounds and O pain, that I O shortly after the surge starts...like as short as 12 hours after. I think I might be abnormal in this regard, or maybe it has something to do with acupuncture and TCM herbs - seems to have sped up my cycle.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo