Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Trying to conceive by IUI or IVF either by the first time or not.

300 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

51 - 60 of 300 Replies | Last Page

amommysluv I know the vitamin thing can be hard.. I was on a kick for the first year when we were ttc and trying to get him to take vitamins every day... this was before my RE saw his numbers. After we met with her she told me to stop forcing vitamins on him because his numbers were more than okay. LOL. I understand taking vitamins for the count though. I would totally be doing the same thing with my DH. Thank you for the idea about alternating each month... I think I might bring that up to him tonight and see what he says. It might help his ego a little.

Thanks everyone for your advise and words of kindness.
It's been nice getting some reassurance that we're obviously not the only ones going through this struggle. Our partners have their own feelings too.

claudiamarie23 - I've been reading anywhere between 18-40 hours after the trigger shot online. It looks like 36 hours is the magic number.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

i hope so :/ were doing unmedicated so i get no trigger

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

essemkay- That makes sense. I agree with you I just didn't know a better term for it. I do like "spontaneous". That word fits especially at this point where we are.

Good to know on the timing. I wasn't sure.

Thanks!!!

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

Hey girls! Hope you all had a good weekend! I did, a bit sore though from working in the yard.

slgamble: My husband feels the same way sometimes. I think it is just what they have to go through with all this too. Sometimes itâ??s hard to understand what they go through just like it is hard for them to understand us sometimes. My dh and I just had a long talk about this Sat. Night and i was in tears and he was frustrated but things like that have to be talked about. You 2 are going through this together. Just like in marriage communication is key. Especially if youâ??re not talking to anyone around you about what is going on. I'm glad you have us to talk to at least. Keeping it all to yourself will make it worse and make you feel even more lonely than all this already make us feel.

This weekend i was feeling very sad about feeling so isolated from all my friends. I hate being in this limbo spot. Where I live my life like I have kids, not drinking, hanging at home and such but not being able to relate to my friends that have kids. Then not being to relate to my friends that dont have kids , who are going out on Friday nights and dont have many cares in the world. This is very hard for me to process. I dont want to be around anyone then. No one can relate to me. I have always been all about my friends, this is all very knew for me and overwhelming.

IUI was Sunday, everything went fine and will start progesterone tonight. DHâ??s count was 47.4!! YAY! 13m more than last cycle. So hopefully with 2 eggs and 13m more swimmers, we will get one this time.

User Image

10 years ago

Stevi26- I feel you. There were some months where I just needed a drink because I was so frustrated and depressed with the way life was going. It does feel like you are in some sort of limbo. I hope you guys catch your egg! It sounds like you have a great chance this month.

10 years ago

Miracle..... how did doc appt go?

10 years ago

slgamble, when we do IUI cycles, the RE gets us to BD either the day before or as soon as we can after the IUI, so it makes it more like getting the sample and doing the IUI is part of the process but not all of it - the actual conception could still be from intercourse - you'll never know. I think it helped us a bit to think of it that way.

Stevi, I can totally relate. I feel like I've been in that limbo for way too long. I no longer drink at all, and don't even like eating out at restaurants because the food isn't as healthy as what i make at home. I put almost all my energy into this baby making stuff and sometimes it just gets to you. I want to maintain positive energy about it all but it's hard to be positive all the time when you start to feel like your life is on hold and you're deprived of everything, including a baby. Hang in there - you're not alone, and you will be able to move on...eventually.

User Image

10 years ago

Stevi- sounds good hunny! Praying for you to catch that/those eggs!!
Take it easy now and try not to stress! :)

Texas- my appt. went good today! Little peanut is right at 7weeks 3 days (which is exactly the days from when I ovulated) and had 153 beats/minute!
I cried when we heard the heartbeat! Basically been emotional all day long today! I feel so blessed after such a struggle to get here.
I pray for all of you to get your little miracles soon!! Are you going to gear up for IUI next month? I know you skipped it this cycle.. You feeling better???

Many hugs to all and God Bless!

User Image

10 years ago

Good luck on your retrieval tomorrow SMC!! Hope they get tons of beautiful eggs! Let us know how it goes.

IAmPregnant Ticker

10 years ago

miracle80, that's awesome! Did you get a video to watch over and over and over? :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo