Community post

Discussion

October 2014 IUI/IVF

TTC or TWW during the month of Oct

151 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 151 Replies | Last Page

I started a new cycle this week and hoping to O next weekend. Husband is only home on the weekend so it has to happen! Another reason it has to happen is we go to Mexico for a wedding when the next cycle is supposed to start. Would LOVE to not have a period during the trip!!! And, because I'm pregnant.

I'm also contacting a new OB this week. I've been wanting to switch so this is good timing to get her started on my crazy history.

9 years ago • Post starter

Tubal, to early I think. Those ladies just have really strong hormones, I never get a result that soon.

Jojo, good news. I sure you'll feel much better in three days.

I hope so Basia - I stayed home today and relaxed, I just hope it helps :)

Red maybe a holiday will be the charm ;)

9 years ago

Hi Ladies,
I'm feeling a bit anxious! I am due my ET tomorrow, and OHSS symptoms have not subsided.

My stomach feels more bloated, but I don't feel as unwell. Urine output has dropped a bit but not below levels of being concerned. I'm not as sore. Saying that, I haven't been pushing myself, so I have been taking it very easy and have had no choice but to wear tracksuit bottoms, and even they are looking a bit strained!

I phoned this morning to talk to a nurse and she was quite reassuring. She said for me to ring tomorrow morning and that they might bring me in in advance for a scan. I asked if it would mean ET would get cancelled and she said not necessarily - it would depend on how I felt about going ahead too.

So of course, now I have spend ages scouring the web for people's experiences of having OHSS and going ahead with ET. Some OK, some awful! Some end in success, some don't. Really not sure what to do. Any advice?? I'm so worried about doing a freeze all and having no survivors :(

9 years ago

Thanks opalfoxy.. just getting nervous feeling like I should have seen something.. not going to test again and wait for blood test.. but pretty sure it's not going to be good news :(

Jojo, I just want to say that I was in A LOT of pain, and still felt SO bloated on the day of my ET.. doc said once they were doing US that my ovaries still looked VERY large and was assuming this is why I was so uncomfortable... The pain and bloating got much better 2 days past transfer.. and minus the anxious anxiety and freaking out that there is a pretty big chance this failed... I feel physically fine.. Most of what I hear even if they do have to postpone your ET, is there are SOME that don't make the freeze and thaw, but they have gotten pretty good with this.. and you shouldn't stress about that part yet... I hope you feel better tomorrow.. fxed for you and lots of prayers your way hun.

9 years ago

tubal,
thank you for your reassuring words. Still don't feel good this morning but at the end of the day the doctors know what they're doing and I need to trust them.

I hope you hear some positive news.

9 years ago

Hello everyone!!

My husband and I are pursuing adoption. The cost can be overwhelming and we have been thinking of ways to cut down the costs. we have looked up grants and loans and ways to raise money. One of the ways we decided on was donations and they have great free websites out there that allow you to set up a donation site for you cause and there were a lot of adopting couples raising money this way. We have been asking all of our family and friends to visit this site and if they are able to leave a donation, share the site with others, or just leave a comment. I do not expect any of you to leave a donation, but I wanted to spread the word and I appreciate any donation.

here is the link: https://www.youcaring.com/adoption-fundraiser/help-helen-and-peter-become-a-mommy-and-daddy/240548

Thank you and good luck in your trying to conceive journey!

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

SMC, that is a really lovely picture of you and your partner! It's exciting for you both that this is your next step. Best wishes.

I went in for my transfer today and am delighted with how it went. I was totally craving a packet of salt and vinegar crisps which was the first thing I had felt like eating in a couple of days. I ate them on the way to the hospital and by the time I got there was actually feeling slightly better, LOL!!

I explained my symptoms again to the doctor, and she scanned me. She believed that not only was I a 'high responder' in terms of follicle numbers, but also a high responder to the progesterone. So while she did find fluid, she didn't feel it itself explained everything. She put the feelings of nausea and overheating down to the progesterone.

So she was very happy to continue with the transfer. The embryologist told me all my 6 embryos had made it to blastocyst, and she found it hard to pick one because they were all grade 4AB and doing well. So I have one transferred and others being frozen.

So currently sitting with a little dude in my tummy! Bless the doctor, she let me keep the scan picture of it. Now officially into the rest of my 2ww. I don't know whether it's excitement or not, but I am feeling physically a bit better (might have been that second bag of crisps I ate on the way home - I'm guessing it was salt I was craving). I do plan to eat healthy the rest of it, but I am just glad to be able to eat food, and keep it down right now.

Say lots of prayers for us!

9 years ago

SMC - best of luck to you and your DH with adoption. My friend/coworker used to work at an adoption agency and has been telling me a lot about the process. She used to work with both the adoptive parents and the birth mothers. It sounds like a long road, but in the end totally worth it. I've been asking a lot about it since we may eventually be down that road. Best of luck to you! Keep us posted if you want!

Tubal - I think it is still too early. I don't think you necessarily would've seen something yet - you are still a couple days away from beta.

Jojogo - Glad the transfer went well and you are feeling better! Hopefully all OHSS symptoms go away. When is your beta?

Red - good luck with the new OB!

AFM - just waiting for my follow up appointment on Thursday. Got AF yesterday. Hopefully we can get started again soon - maybe with a different protocol. Kind of looking forward to the follow up to get another plan in place.

9 years ago

Hi, I am on my first clomid+IUI cycle. Went yesterday to the dr. CD 10 for an US and blood work. Was a bit dissapointed to hear there was a cyst but no follicles, but they reasure me that clomid can make me ovulate later. I got a call back a few hours later, and they told me blood work was back and estrogen levels were really high, so what they thought it was a cyst it was acctually a follicle and they needed me to go back for the trigger shot (which I did). I just got the IUI donde earlier today, reallyy hoping it works. We have been TTC for 2 years and recently diagnosed with unexplained infertility.

9 years ago

Hi Ma_espe, welcome - best of luck.

4dpiui for me today, had a bit of cramping yesterday but not bad.

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo