Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Trying to conceive by IUI or IVF either by the first time or not.

300 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 300 Replies | Last Page

Congratulations CasBro!

10 years ago

Hi Everyone
I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to jump in :-) I absolutely love hearing other people's bfp stories!

My partner of 17 years and I have a 4 year old which we conceived on our very first iui. We're now trying for a second and have had 5 failed IUIs. I just had my 6th and final IUI last week. Final, because if this doesn't work, we're done with the trying. As I'm sure you all know, the stress is huge and we need to be able to move on with our lives as a single-child family.

I have set up some strict rules for myself this time - NO obsessing over symptoms (easier said than done) and I can only "binge think" about my TWW (hang out at this website or Babycenter or.... wherever) twice a day for 15 minutes at a time. So far, I'm doing pretty well, but it's been rough!

Anyway, I'm glad to have found a little corner of the internets with you all!!!!

10 years ago

Pabbey: I can absolutely relate to your progesterone shot issues. I have become an expert at those things. I have noticed that this helps and has been recommended by my doc:

1. Try not to take the shot in the muscle area of the buttocks, will hurt like a bitch and the pain will last longer.

2. Before taking the shot, ice the area for about 5-10 min.

3. After taking the shot, rub the area to help circulate the oil in our blood.

4. Apply heat to the area, which will also help circulate the blood.

5. Rotate but cheeks for the shots.

Hope this helps some.

AFM: Thank you all so very much for the congratulations and wishes. I am still in shock.

I spoke with my OBGYN to explain my concerns expressed in the emergency room. I wanted to have HCG, progesterone, estradiol, and urine tests done again by my actual OBGYN office so they can have everything on record at their facility. The emergency room and doc officers are not connected. She was hesitant because I wasn't 6 weeks along to see anything, but finally understood and ordered the tests based on my infertility and miscarriage history.

My goodness, its like pulling teeth just to get them to order tests. I know I am in the early stages and the ultrasound may not show anything until week 6, but at least the blood tests can show levels progressing.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

10 years ago

Glad Casbro you insisted. You know your body very well and what's the harm of running more test. Meanwhile I am CD 32 and nothing yet. I havent tested again. I am feeling some slight crampy feeling in my back and left ovary area. It cones and goes. Still keep running to bathroom every 5min to keep checking. I probably can save myself the agony by just going to doctor but I feel like as soon as I do here the witch comes. If nothing by Thursday I will make appt for friday. I dont feel pregnant and I dont feel like period coming on either. I dont have alot of cm that I usually get right before period comes. Usually my indicator it will be here in a few hours. No symptoms at all to report. Just here waiting and praying. Darn it had to happen like this to me thismonth??? Im in utter suspense right now!! Lol.. I went back thru trash to see if I can see a line and of course I have line eyes.. lol.. I just keep preparing myself for when she shows up. I just cant let myself get excited yet.. I want too but the let down is greater when I amp myself up so I want the best but preparing for the worse. Keep on in prayers please.
How is every body else. Im so ready for summer!!!

10 years ago

Casbro- Congrats!! So exciting!!! Glad you were able to get those tests ordered. That can be frustrating if they hesitate to do testing.

Midwestcoaster- Welcome! Glad you jumped on the forum. It's so good to hear what others are going through and to know that we're not alone. Sending you that this IUI will work.

amommysluv- I feel you on the line eyes.... I tested again today 11dpo and nothing... I kept putting the wondo flow strip up to the light to see if maybe I would see something. ugh. Maybe tomorrow I'll see a faint line... here's hoping. that the witch doesn't show this month for you.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

Casbro, what test tells you how far along you are? Not sure I've heard of one of those.

Also, are Robintiff and Awhittaker on here? Any news on your future plans? I hope you're both doing well!!

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi red! Still on just a bit quiet this month. Waiting to see if I get my period this month and when as this is my first cycle after unsuccessful ivf. Met with re and he sent me for full miscarriage panel to see if there is something wrong during implantation and fortunately everything came back ok. So apparently my 3 eggs weren't the right ones :( we have some options as far as next cycle of ivf. He is going to switch my protocol to a less aggressive one and we also have option to do 2 cycles and just bank eggs on the first one and do fresh transfer on second. Then hopefully we have eggs for fets if needed or next baby. In the end it's a lot of money again so we're trying to figure all this out.

Casbro! Congrats :) so glad to hear about your bfp.

To everyone else I wishing tons of baby dust to all!

I'm currently 12 dpo and having cramps. Had some brown spotting 10 and 11 dpo. I'm always hopeful that it isn't af but the chances are not that great. I'll keep you ladies posted.

10 years ago

9dp5dt and bfn. I know I shouldn't have been testing early but I was really hoping I would have an early test. I have heard of people not getting a bfn until 11dp5dt so I guess there is still a little while I am just having trouble feeling it. I am going to try not to test again until Friday which is my blood test.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

10 years ago

I've had brown spotting at 7 dpo, I really hope it is an implantation bleed. You really don't know what to think with spotting, I think it is a 50/50 chance.

The spotting calender on here does give you a lesser chance the more you spot (I've only had like half a day, nothing today) but so many women can spot for a week and still be pregnant.
So confusing!

It is good reading through all your stories ......

Did I tell you guys my clinic had a lady who had 3 failed IVF rounds then got pregnant from an IUI (lol, so there is always a chance)

Anyone that says an adoptive mum is not a real mum is a really bad person. There are kids out there who are desperate to have an adoptive family and the younger they get those loving parents, the better is is for them

Everyone :)

10 years ago

We go to the doc today to check on my little jelly bean. Hope to find out the gender.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo