Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Trying to conceive by IUI or IVF either by the first time or not.

300 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 300 Replies | Last Page

So this afternoon I have started to get a large amount of EWCM. Do you think I'm going to O today? before my IUI on Sunday? I'm afraid that we will miss the egg since DH is suppose to not ejactulate for 3 days before. We BD yesterday morning though so...i dont know what do you girls think?

User Image

10 years ago

Oh and I'm not using OPK's bc we are doing the IUI. I'm doctor said i didnt need to use them bc of it.

User Image

10 years ago

Stevi26
I'm not sure because I've been given an Ovidrel trigger shot to start Ovulation. My drs. office brings me in on CD11 to check my follies and they are usually right around 18 and then they usually have me trigger that evening or the next day. I know I ovulate on my own but they have me trigger anyway so we know the exact timing. Are you doing a trigger shot?

I googled EWCM and this website says EWCM happens 1- 2 days prior to ovulation... http://infertility.about.com/od/ovulation/a/ewcm_egg_white_cervical_mucus.htm

AFM -I'm also doing my first IUI this month ...I go in Tuesday to check and see how many follies I have. Here's hoping to at least two!!!

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

I am suppose to take my trigger shot tonight.

I just got off the phone with my nurse and she said to BD tonight and still go on schedule with the IUI but just incase to DB. He noted that bc my DH's sperm count is pretty high that he doesnt think we need to have him substain for 3 days before the IUI.

Do you guys ever have a hard time trusting your RE 100%. That some of what they say is for the money? I do. I feel fine with his decision but that doesnt mean that i think about that.

User Image

10 years ago

Yea I've also read that EWCM means ur due to O within the next day or so. I'm glad your nurse told you to BD tho :))

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Went in for my day 7 scan and bw today. Apparently everything looks good as I'm staying on the same protocol. Have to go in again Sunday morning. The office is a half an hour away and it's rough getting there by 7am but I can handle this as long as it gets us our little babooshka!

Meanwhile, it looks like Mike Tyson has been beating me in the stomach. I barely have any place to inject that's not bruised! The nurse told me I could use my upper thigh but I haven't tried that yet. It's dumb, but I feel that that's too far away from my ovaries. ;)

IAmPregnant Ticker

10 years ago

Stevi26, my RE always has everyone BD on trigger night. Your IUI isn't until Sunday - plenty of time to build back up the sperm resources and give them time to mature. My RE said for those with really low sperm count, they will let them go 3-5 days prior to IUI, but for everyone else, that 36 hour mark seems best.

pabbey23, to avoid bruising, you want to make sure you're not pinching when you do your injection. You just want a pocket of fat to inject into, so you can just hunch over a bit so you make a little pouchy on your tummy and then just use your hands to hold the fold, not pinch it tight.

You can also use your thigh or the back of your arm (although you'll probably need assistance with that one).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Thanks essemkay! I don't think I'm pinching now though. Maybe I just bruise easily?? I might try the thigh thing but I feel like my thigh is less fatty than my belly. Hopefully just a few more days of this before retrieval!!

IAmPregnant Ticker

10 years ago

Well, I just read that taking low dose aspirin (doctor'a orders) can increase bruising so maybe that's it! My RE is trying to kill me.

IAmPregnant Ticker

10 years ago

i have trouble trusting my RE too sometimes. they decreased my meds to half on day 6 and there wasn't much change on day 8 meaning i need 2-3 more days of stimulation.

i switch up my shots for subcuatneous from my belly and thigh and then for intramuscular i switch from supragluteal and vastis lateralis in my thigh. if you do IM in the thigh though either use an inch needle or don't put the needle in all the way. i think it is easier in the thigh.

I worry about ovulating before I get to do my egg retrieval and I worry about there not being enough eggs that they can retrieve and fertilize, it seems all i do nowadays is worry about everything. and it won't get better after I am pregnant because I will just worry about losing the pregnancy and everything being alright. At least I have my DH, he is great, I am very lucky

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo