Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Trying to conceive by IUI or IVF either by the first time or not.

300 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

41 - 50 of 300 Replies | Last Page

Good luck pabbey!

AFM my scan yesterday showed that o was ready to go. Had to to trigger shot at 1:15 this morning. Retrieval is Tuesday at 1:15pm. everything goes great and our eggs are mature. We are doing ICSI.I hope our embryos will grow the way they are supposed to and we will finally get our miracle baby.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

10 years ago

Hi All,
I go for my ultrasound tomorrow to see how many folliies I have and when we'll be triggering O for my first IUI.
Question - So yesterday we had a birthday party for my mom and several of my family members were asking where we were in the fertility process. I told them that I'm going on Tuesday for the ultrasound and then we'll go from there. My DH was standing right there so I didn't really want to go into detail about the IUI. My mom later made a comment about maybe she needs to buy us a turkey baster. After we left my parents house my husband told me that he was sad that we're not able to physically have sex to have a child and wishes that we could try a little longer and see if maybe it would work naturally. I think his ego is bruised and I understand those feelings. I acknowledged those feelings. I know it hurts him not being able to get me pregnant. We've just been trying for 2 years and I'm ready to move on. It's probably never going to happen naturally for us, and if it did the chances are so slim. Am I a total B**** for wanting to move forward with our treatment plan? Is this a normal scenario for other couples going through this process? Is there anything else besides validating his feelings that I could do to mend his ego? Any thoughts or feedback on this subject are welcome! Thank you!!!

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

aw im sorry. im sure this is hard for him, but have u guys had his semen tested to see if his little swimmers are all good? im not sure how you would handle this but acknowledging and talking about them is the best way to go about it and as u understand him he kind of has to understand why you want to move forward. good luck!

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

claudiamarie23 Yes, that was one of the first things we did after I went through most of my testing last year. His swimmers are all good. All of my stuff is fine too.. it's just unexplained. The only thing we haven't had done is testing my CM to see if it's hostile. I've read that it's only 5% of cases of infertility where that occurs and part of me is hoping that maybe that's it and in which case the IUI would work around that.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

oh ok. then i guess my compromise would be lets give the IUI a try and if it doesnt work then lets test my CM...when are you due for your IUI? does your insurance cover it and would they cover testing your CM?

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Slgamble,

My DH and I are in the same spot as you. But, when it comes down to it, once you have that sweet baby he won't care how it happened. We try to keep our process a bit of a secret and I think that may help. Hang in there. It will happen soon for you.

10 years ago • Post starter

Slgamble I totally understand where u are coming from. I ovulate on my own but not many eggs and not great egg quality plus with my DH lower sperm count and motility it is more difficult to achieve pregnancy. I dont talk much about the iui with him I just tell him when to show up because I can tell it makes him feel some way. We still have intercourse and I told him I plan to do every other cycle for iui so we can hopefully get one naturally but at the end of the day.. I am ready for a happy healthy baby and if that means iui or natural then im for it. He is on the same page but I know as a man it hurts to not be able to get it done on his own. I have not spoken to any one about what we are going through. Not even my bff and im very vague with my mother. Its pretty private and some may not understand. At the end of the day comfort him but reassure him iui.. natural.. it all results in baby hopefully and thats all that matters. I placed my DH on a bunch of vitamins to help with sperm as well as overall healthy choice. It is a pain in the ass to remind hom to take his vitamins everyday and I know he gets frustrated but I just remind him its for a greater good and then he chills out. This process is so tedious for us its hard to get ppl to understand but then again that is what WE are here for because we understand as we are all going thru it.

10 years ago

Thanks, red78701. I think I'm going to just say we're working on it and not try to talk too much about it with the family. I kind of felt like I was under a microscope yesterday.

claudiamarie23 - I'm supposed to go in tomorrow for the ultrasound and I'll probably trigger on Wednesday. I'm assuming they'll have DH come in on the same day I'm triggering O to do his thing. I've never had an IUI before so this is a little new to me. My insurance covers any and all testing for infertility. They will also cover three IUIs up to 80%. They do not cover IVF though. I'm sure I could get the CM tested I just haven't thought about it to ask except with in the past month and since we're about to do the IUI I thought it might be a pointless topic, but I might bring it up and see if they can when they do the IUI. You never know... that could be the answer in the long run.

10 years ago

well good luck to you :) like a mommysluv said in the end we all just want a healthy happy baby :))

i just used my OPK for the first time no smiley which is good cuz im only day 10 but my nurse wanted me to start testing today. but she sent me an email saying that my IUI should be done 2 days AFTER my surge. this is our first IUI and i was under the impression that its done the next day. now im all mixed abt it and hope we dont miss our window

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

I don't like the term "natural" because it implies that babies conceived through IUI or IVF are somehow "unnatural." I like "unassisted" or "spontaneous" to describe pregnancies achieved without ART.

Sorry, I'm a bit touchy about that.

slgamble, your husband will do his part about an hour and a half before your IUI. My RE lets you take home a cup so he can do it at home and then just drop his sample off (or he can go to the clinic and use the spank room, but that's not very popular).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo