Community post

Discussion

July IUI/IVF 2014

TTC in July 2014

267 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 267 Replies | Last Page

Ladies,

I got an email article about saving money on healthcare costs and the first thing they mention is how to get help on the cost of Infertility treatments and IVF. I wanted to share it with you.

Infertility treatments are not always covered by insurance and when they are, benefits may be very limited. A survey conducted on large group health plans showed that 59 percent covered infertility evaluation, 35 percent covered infertility drugs and only 23 percent of the plans covered one of the most common treatments â?? in vitro fertilization. This is a blow considering that IVF can be costly: The average price for one cycle of IVF in the U.S. is $12,400, according to the American Society of Reproductive Medicine. But there are ways to cut costs.

RESOLVE, (www.resolve.org) the national infertility association, provides a list of organizations that offer financial help to infertility patients who meet certain criteria. Some actually donate basic IVF services at their facility. One such organization is The International Council on Infertility Information Dissemination (www.inciid.org) through their IVF scholarships program.

Others provide grants. The Tinina Q. Cade Foundation â?? Family Building Grant (www.cadefoundation.org) offers up to $10,000 a year per funded family. BabyQuest (www.babyquestfoundation.org) provides each eligible family up to two grants a year. And look for benefits your state may offer to residents. The New York State infertility demonstration program (https://www.health.ny.gov/community/reproductive_health/infertility/demonstration_program/) gives financial support to those not covered by health insurance. It also helps women who have exhausted their coverage.

Read more on DailyWorth: http://www.dailyworth.com/posts/2715-budget-friendly-medical-care-options-for-ivf-to-acupuncture#ixzz36BD6SX44

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi guys.. been reading, but not jumping in.. If you don't remember me I'm 31(just turned) had a tr almost 9 years ago and a reversal about 2 1/2 years ago. Have had 1 pregnancy that ended in a mc at 6 weeks this last Oct. I'm so excited there have been some successes on here lately.. and sad to hear about Pabby.. :( Hubby and I have been nt/np for the last couple of months and have decided to take the plunge and go for IVF. There is a clinic about 2 hours away that will do IVF for 10K including meds. and over the last year i've stashed the money away to try this. They have given me hope because all our tests have come back great.. ha and they think i'm young! I have my first appointment this coming Thursday and the plan is to do IVF in September. I'm trying to come up with questions for the doc. and was hoping you ladies could help? I know there are quite a few of you that have been though it.. and would love any advise/help you wouldn't mind lending! :) I'm nervous and excited and feel like September will never be here!!!

9 years ago

Yes, IVF and infertility treatments are extremely expensive. My husband and I spent 60,000+ on them over 4.5 years trying to conceive our first. Consequently, none of those worked (9 very early miscarriages resulted from them) and I ended up getting pregnant with only the use of Femara--which has never worked for me in the past as I have hypothalamic amenorrhea. I am currently almost 16 weeks with a healthy pregnancy so far! I wanted to comment because although we spent +60k, we got to use a lot of if as tax write offs. I live in California so I am not sure if this applies to other states/countries but I thought it was important to let others look into. In addition to my experience with infertility treatments, I am also I registered nurse...so if anyone has any questions, go ahead and message me! Good luck and I am proof that you should not give up hope! Try anything and everything to pursue your dream of becoming a parent!!! :-)

9 years ago

Hey girls...question for you:
I got my period yesterday at around 11 am. Light period. I am due for blood test that they do at the beginning before they start doing IUI or IVF. It is basically blood test for different hormone levels. It says that it should be done at the 3rd day of 'full flow'.
Would I count yesterday as day #1 or would today be day #1?
any ideas?

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

I am also on AF as we speak. Was a weird one, though. Started out light spotting/bleeding Friday evening. Progressed to full AF by Saturday morning. Had heavy bleeding Saturday and Sunday. Spotting yesterday and nothing today. Quite off for me as usually AF is a full 7 days of nastiness. I tested again just to be sure...still BFN. We did not do a cycle day 3 US this time as I couldn't get to the doc this time. I live 120 miles one way from my obgyn and had 2 kids with the full sunday and yesterday. We skipped the CD 3 US and started the letrozole. I go back July 9th for the Mid cycle US and hopefully trigger and then IUI 36 hours later.

Im really curious as to how many IUI tries it generally takes to get PG. I know every one is different..but curious is there are any statistics out there. I have unexplained infertility...

9 years ago

Hi ladies. Thanks red for starting the thread. On day 3 of AF myself. Start lazy month of Clomid this cycle. Wooohoooo

9 years ago

Texasgirl: we are very close together!! I am CD 4 today! We can obsess during the TWW together! LOL

9 years ago

Basia, I've been told that if you fill a tampon within 4-5 hrs, then its cycle day 1.

9 years ago • Post starter

Thanks Red.

I will count the first day as day #1 since it got heavier before I went to bed.

Plus the test should be done on day #2 or #3 so if I go tomorrow afternoon that will be exactly 72 hrs since it started so I should be good.

to all of you girls :) I am leaving for a long vacation and when I get back I am hoping there will be lots of

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Started birth control yesterday. Apparently we are too late to do a July FET. I am pretty upset about that since that is what was indicated tome that we would be able to do. Well I guess I will be on birth control until the nurse calls me and then I start Lupron for suppression before our FET mid to late August. Looks like a May baby if it works. I was really hoping we could get this transfer done sooner for it doesn't work we could move on to adoption. I hate just waiting not being able to do anything.

ttc since August 2012 diagnosed with PCOS January 2013 failed IVF with 2 embryos May 2014 FET with 3 embryos August 2014, Successful!! confirmed ectopic on 9/24/14 taking a break from ttc and pursuing adoption homestudy ready 1/8/15, waiting for the call that will make us a family!

9 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo