Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF 2014

Trying to conceive by IUI or IVF either by the first time or not.

300 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 300 Replies | Last Page

I hope everyone has a great May! Sooo, glad April is over!

I'm 12DPO and will be testing on Sunday. Feeling crampy and not positive at all. Going to San Antonio this weekend so hopefully time will pass quickly until Sunday.

But! I know Miracle was feeling crampy before she got her BFP so I keep trying to think of that.

10 years ago • Post starter

first month TTC and were hoping to do our first IUI next week of course hoping that i ovulate on time. FX for you BFP :)

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Hey girls. Hopefully doing our second IUI on Sunday or Monday. Will find out which day tomorrow at my day13 scan. Hopefully it wil be sunday. Much easier for DH and I bc of work and such.

claudia: May I ask why your doing IUI on your first month TTC? Do you have something going on causing you to? or just want the best chance? My doctors wouldnt even talk to me about anything fertility related until i hit the one year mark. Good luck either way!

Red: I hope that witch stays away!!! have fun on your trip! Try not to stress to much and just enjoy it!

User Image

10 years ago

oh yea lol my wife and i are trying for our first child :)

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Oh Wonderful! Is insurance covering any of it for you 2? I have some friends that conceived with a turkey baster, no joke! They did their own insemination in their own home and it worked the second time. Good luck and tons of baby dust!

User Image

10 years ago

yea we thought about going that way too if IUIs dont work. Fortunately yes my insurance covers 6 IUIs with just a copay BUT we have to buy the sperm which in hindsight is cheaper than paying for everything out of pocket. we also have to meet with a social worker BEFORE we can even do the IUI so were meeting with her tuesday and she sends us an email today confirming along with some articles to read and they made me sad.

my wife and i have talked about how we would tell our baby how they were conceived and our sperm donor has an open option where once the baby tuns 18 they can get the donors info but the articles are like you need to tell them sooner rather than later and all this other stuff and yea we know we need to tell them because theyre gonna ask but in due time and in a way that they can understand.

sorry for the long vent lol and thank you! same to you

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

What made you sad?

I agree sooner is better than later. This story isnt the same but kinda. My husbands father took custody of him when he was under a year. He then remarried and had another baby with his stepmom 8 years later. Who is an amazing woman and took brandon as her own. But anyways, they didnt tell his little brother that brandon wasnt his full brother until he was 15, he was pissed!!! he wasnt mad that brandon wasnt his full brother, that didnt change anything. It was the fact that his parents "lied" to him for so many years. Brandon would go visit his real mom like once every 5 years or so and they would just tell ryan that he was visiting friends and nothing more. I felt really bad for him. They only told him bc we were getting married and his real mom and other brother was going to be at the weddind and the brother was also going to be a groomsman.

Wow that was long, sorry

User Image

10 years ago

lol its ok

i think how they were like tell them sooner than later, which we werent planning on hiding it from the baby AT ALL! but i mean im not gonna tell a 4yo hey this how your mommies had you. i know that once they go to school or maybe even before they may realize that oh i dont have a "DAD" like my friends or cousins do hmm at that point well try out best to let them know in a way that they will understand you know. i think it just made me feel like they want us to rush to tell them idk maybe it was just me.

i have 3 children from a previous marriage, 10,9 and 6 so yea were totally open with them and plan to be with baby. the only thing is that theyre dad hasnt been around for almost 3yrs and of course now he decided to try and who knows if by next year hell still be involved or not or even in the long run so i can see how baby would wonder why his sisters and brother have a dad and not them :(

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Welcome, Claudia! A friend of mine tells her boys that families come in all different shapes and that 2 mommies can't make a baby on their own so they needed a "special helper". She said they don't really ask too many questions and her oldest is 8. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure you'll figure it out as you go.

Stevi - Good luck with your IUI!! I'll keep my fingers crossed it gets scheduled for Sunday and not Monday. I had my second IUI last Sunday and it really was so much nicer because I didn't have to worry about work for me or my husband.

Red - Good luck with your testing on Sunday!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your BFP!!

10 years ago

Anybody mind if I hop in here even though I'm not doing IUI or IVF anymore?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo