Community post

Discussion

May IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Trying to conceive by IUI or IVF either by the first time or not.

300 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

141 - 150 of 300 Replies | Last Page

So far so good Texas!! Keeping an eye on my girls to give some good luck babydust!!!

I've been feeling generally pretty good... I only have very light nausea at nights... and yesterday was my B-Day.. the little baby decided to give me an early B-Day gift the night before of nausea and vomit! Was a first!! I felt fine yesterday all day and night though...

I have another ultrasound with my RE on Monday (I'll be 9weeks3days).. and then she'll release me to regular OB God willingly everything looks good on Monday.

So happy for your adoption.. and how cool will it be if/when you get pregnant in the next few months!??!?!?!
Hugs to you all!!

User Image

10 years ago

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I join in. I've been on this site for a while now, and TTC #1 for a while as well, almost a year. My DH & I are both 33 years old and I was diagnosed with PCOS in February 2014, and he was diagnosed with azoospermia (no sperm in his SA/has blockage) in April 2014. The doctors aren't concerned that he has a blockage, they checked for any masses and found none so all is good I suppose. I had a HSG scan and my tubes are clear so our next step is going through testing to see if we qualify for the IVF/ICSI procedures.

My doctor wanted me to lose 40 lbs, and I'm currently down 24 lbs, so about another 15 or so to go. Our plan is to start our first IVF cycle in Aug. 2014, but we need to pass some tests first. Next steps for us are: (1) waiting on my Cystic Fibrosis test results and (2) my DH meets with urologist to see how to go about retrieving his sperm to freeze. Then after those 2 things are completed and we get approval from insurance, I will start giving myself stimulating shots in August and have the egg retrieval. I hope we qualify and that insurance covers it and that we'll be able to conceive within the first 3 cycles of trying. Insurance is supposed to cover us for 6 cycles so just praying it happens. It's been a long road to this point. I know some women TTC for years, but I don't know if I can handle that emotionally.

How long has everyone been TTC through IVF? Anyone do ICSI with it? How painful are the shots? I'm not a needle person whatsoever, I'm the type that I smell the alcohol swab and know the needle is coming and I feel faint, but I just have to push through it and think of the end result...a baby...my dream!

User Image

10 years ago

welcome GB1020!
good luck on your journey! im not a needle person either so idk how to handle that.

this is my wife and i first month ttc, just had our IUI yesterday. i completely understand you when you say u dont thin u can handle ttc for years. my insurance covers 6 cycles as well (except sperm) and idk if i can go thru 6 disappointments u know but im hopeful so well see :)

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Thank you for the warm welcome Claudia.

Good luck to you and your DW! IUI is when they insert sperm into your uterus, right? Did you have to give yourself egg stimulating shots and do an egg retrieval or did you just have the IUI part? I'm still pretty new to the whole IVF/ICSI experience and trying to learn more about what I'll be going through come August. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Boston, MA area.

User Image

10 years ago

im new too and have learned a lot. yea iui is sperm put in straight in uterus. no shots no meds for me. just had to use ovulation kit and that stressed me out lol im 29 and have 3 children from a previous marriage so my dr said i should be able to just do the IUI no problem, so well see. last time i had sperm in my body was 7yrs ago lol

im in norther va. heyyy were headed to boston next weekend to visit my DW family :)

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Welcome GB1020!! How long have you and your DH been trying before you started getting the HSG and the SA done? My husband and I have been ttc for two years this month. We didn't start the testing process until 9 months after we started ttc.

I'm with Claudiamarie23- I had my first IUI last Thrusday. I think I'm going to start testing on Saturday that will be officially 9 DPO.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

@slgamble how are u feeling :)

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Today would be 6DPO..no symptoms yet. Hoping implantation happens today and I have some symptoms tomorrow.

Me: 30 DH: 33 TTC since June, 2012 "unexplained infertility" Femera & Ovidrel trigger shot Feb. 2014, March 2014, April 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - May 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - June 2014 IUI with Femera & Ovidrel - October 2014

10 years ago

Welcome GB1020!

My DH and I have been trying for 2 years and 9 months. We just did our second IUI 10 days ago. The disappointment sucks but whatever.

Good luck to you with the IVF.

User Image

10 years ago

stevie how are u doing any symptoms?

slgamble oh ok :) fx for all of us

User Image [bfp

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo