Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

761 - 770 of 829 Replies | Last Page

@pearl haha oh bless my Nan is like that lol funny really! Yeah sounds like you have a good plan. Eek so exciting can't wait til you test let alone myself haha xx

6 years ago

I can't wait for you and Mir777 to test! i need more people to celebrate with! (if i can celebrate lol)

User Image

6 years ago

@Pearl_325 - So exciting for you! I hope that line continues to darken and you get your Christmas BFP! Once the line is dark how do you think you'll tell your DH? If I get a BFP soon I have a small gift I want to give him to let him know.

As for sharing your potential amazing news I think you should do it when it feels right for you. I don't think there is anything wrong we telling your family right away. Then if something does go wrong they can be there for you. I think when women go through miscarriages it can be helpful that other people know what is going on so they can comfort and be there for them. I think as a society we hide miscarriages and complications and that makes it harder for the women who go through it. That is just my opinion. I sometimes think this waiting until the 2nd trimester stuff is a part of culture that is works to keep miscarriages hidden...

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13 I'm not sure! I've been trying to think of how I would tell him. We live in Buffalo NY and he is a sports fanatic so I was thinking of getting a Buffalo Sabres or Buffalo Bills onesie and wrapping it up for him to open! What is the gift you have?

I think you are so right when it comes to keeping it a secret just to avoid anyone knowing about a MC. I never really understood why people do that but I just felt like I had to because that is what everyone does. But in reality I have no problem letting people know if I have a MC. I know my whole family would be very supportive. Thank you! you made me feel alittle better about wanting to share the exciting news on Christmas (if it is legit)

Have you ladies seen these on Etsy? They have these for every holiday or just generic ones too and i think they are so cute! I ordered them just in case because today was the last day to get the christmas orders in. Hopefully I really am pregnant and we really can use them to announce it! I also hope DH is ok with telling people on Christmas! (you'll have to copy and paste into your browser)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/214733080/message-in-an-egg-christmas-pregnancy?ref=shop_home_feat_4

User Image

6 years ago

@Pearl_325 - OMG!!! Those are so cute and so perfect!! I think if it is a BFP then you should tell them this way on Christmas. It will be such a special memory and gift for them.

The onsie idea is cute too! I like that! My gift for when we get a BFP is a newborn cloth diaper in my DH's family tartan (from Scotland). My twin sister cloth diapers and I think we're going to try too. I was thinking of wrapping up the pregnancy test in the little diaper and then giving it to him. I got the diaper when we started ttc in September so now it's just hiding out waiting.

Again. Those eggs are too cute not to get!!

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13 omg I love that idea! It's so personal, he'll love it!! Are you trying right now for a Sept baby? I really hope this is it for you!

And yes those eggs are so cute I know everyone will love them. I just got them for our parents so we would let them open their regular Christmas gifts and then make that be the last one they open!

I'm so anxious to see a darker line I can't believe I have to wait until tomorrow. If nothing shows up I will be so disappointed. I'm not even kidding when I say I really couldn't tell if it was actually there or not lol so i could be really jumping the gun here with buying announcements! LOL oh man we all get so excited for this process!

User Image

6 years ago

Midnightmystery - looks like we have he same testing day! Hope you get your BFP

As for telling friends/family - I love my wine, and thats what would give it away for me. If I don't have a drink on Xmas my fam will know something is up lol same with my close gfs. So I would only tell immediate family and a few close friends and my close coworkers the news. Also, I would find out right before Xmas - it would be a nice surprise and memory to have. And now here's to hoping it actually happens LOL

User image

6 years ago

@ Pearl_325 - We are trying for a September Baby! I hope it is too!! I should ovulate right after Christmas. We do get so excited about this process! Those eggs were a great find and I really hope your line gets darker tomorrow or Sunday.

Even if you are jumping the gun with announcements you could still save them for another month. They are that cute!

to you!!

6 years ago

@mir777 haha omg me too girl. Wine will be my dead give away! Especially at the holidays you never see me without a glass of red. I'd hate for people to already assume on their own and then im not the one that gets to share the news so thats another reason to just tell people. Keep me updated on how you are feeling and if you notice any symptoms coming up!

@FlamingoGirl thats kind of nice that you will ovulate right after Christmas so you can enjoy your drinks and the holidays without pressure! Then get back to business after the holidays are over. Perfect timing!

User Image

6 years ago

@Pearl_325. Oh my. That's awesome to hear. I hope the lines get darker for you. If it turns out you are pregnant. I would wait till after the critical time is over. I would tell them after your first ultrasound. So exciting for you.

AFM. Just finishing up my cycle today. Haven't started temping for close to a week so maybe tomorrow I will start. I'm not sure what happened the last few days but I hit my all time low. Couldn't stop crying for the life of me and thinking horrible thoughts. I really hope today is going to be a good day. I'm almost thinking it is the winter blues. Yesterday my DH slipped on the ice and landed on his upper thigh and cracked the screen on his phone. I'm glad it wasn't serious as it could have been worse as he's not a young man anymore.

Merry Christmas everyone and bring on the BFPs.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo