Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

151 - 160 of 829 Replies | Last Page

@Pearl_325. I remember back in 2015 when I conceived my daughter, my bf (now husband) and I were trying. I was so bloated and crampy leading up and passed my AF date that when I finally took the test. When the two lines showed up, I completely just starred blankly at it for many hours just thinking to myself, did I actually see it. So, with that being said, I tested in the afternoon and still came out positive and even the next day when I tested it came out positive again and that was the day that I went to the doctor to get the test done. Doctor actually called me to his office to tell me and gave me some sample prenatals to try and sent me on my way.

Not much to report here. AF should be done either today or tomorrow and I am surprised that my AF temps haven't dropped below 97.7, which is odd. Last night hubby and I briefly talked and he just told me that when we try again that he doesn't want me to be sad and that things will happen when its meant to happen. I bought the First Response Ovulation for a months supply and the box says to start testing on CD5. I've never used them before as one is the tester itself and the other is strips. Did I buy the wrong OPKs?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@dragonfly23 That is exactly how i will be!

User Image

6 years ago

Pearl325 & dragonfly- 'm with you on that too. i think i will be soooo shocked and probably will take a doctor or who knows an ultrasound to convince me! its just been to long not see a BFP.

Dragonfly- that is what my DH told me this last cycle, when it happens it will happen. WELL I WANT IT NOW!!! LOL.

i hope this work this month if not on to the next! Will stay positive!!!

6 years ago

@Beaut1ful38. I agree, I want it now too and be done with babies. It's like men have no idea what we go through each month. All they get to do is supply the sperm and that's it. They don't know what we go through in the tww, on our cycles or just plain anything. Men should carry our babies so they know exactly what we go through. Hope the sme plan works out for you.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Beautiful - I have had VERY short surges in the past. Like literally one hour and it's gone. If your temp stays up for the next 3 days then you can count the day before spike as your O day. (Yesterday)

6 years ago • Post starter

@callmecrazy. Can you define the meaning "surge"? Does that mean that you have to BD that day or how does it work? I got OPKs and would like to start using them but have no idea on them. It has 20 tests and 1 tester and the box says to start on CD5 but I am now on CD6. Is it too late to start tomorrow- CD7?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Ok ladies it is 11:45am my time and i took an opk this looks positive based on all the other ones no where near that shade of a line. i did it on a 4 hr hold!!! i posted a picture can someone let me know? my temp is 97.7 my normal range during AF but A positive today???

6 years ago

OPKs test for an LH surge, the surge of LH is what triggers the egg to release. It's usually 12-48 hours later that you ovulate. average of 24 hrs. BD for 3 nights in a row after positive OPK.
It's not too late to start using them. You'll probably catch your surge around days 10-14.

6 years ago • Post starter

@Beaut1ful38. I don't see it on your profile but I am not the best at determining results. But won't hurt to look.

@callmecrazy. Thank you for the information. I will start tomorrow morning. Just hard when there isn't enough time in the morning to test and then get ready for work. Plus it all has to be done the same time every day.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Dragonfly- not sure why it did it that way. But number is 718857

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo