Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

171 - 180 of 829 Replies | Last Page

FlamingoGirl13- Since you never used opk do you plan on this cycle? if you do use opk with the SMEP. That might work for you. this is the 1st month im trying this plan and seems to have good outcomes of BFP. Good luck and Sticky VIbes.

katyfootballmomma-

6 years ago

@dragonfly- hahaha, I was thinking the exact same thing! It's funny how you feel like you want to save it! Hence, it's been sitting in my bathroom cupboard since last spring! lol

When do you ladies tell your DH about a positive? I feel like he won't believe it cause the line is so faint! lol

I know DH will want to have a couple of bevy's tonight (he worked all last weekend and most of this week). What would you ladies do? Show him the test? Tell him that your are holding out in case you are pregnant? If I took the FRER, would the line be any darker? Should I just wait until I get the blood results on Monday (we were with a fertility clinic and have a beta scheduled for Monday - later than it should have been, but I was so convinced it didn't work this cycle that I told them not to bother booking me at the clinic further away for this weekend, I am starting to regret that decision now!lol).

Sorry for the million questions, I have just been so used to seeing stark white negatives, I almost don't know what to do now! lol

6 years ago

@beautiful - the line is a little more convincing in person, but I have cheapies for days and I feel that I may turn into a poas addict today! lol

6 years ago

Twwtoolong- i know all the questions come out at once, LOL
If he requests to have drinks i would just tell me think there is a possibility this month. you dont have to show him test, bc like my DH if it aint dark its not there!! Try and relax and keep testing. At least with Doctors appt on Monday you will have a for sure knowing by then!!! Go for it....just POAS all day everyday till you see that double line!!!!

6 years ago

@Beaut1ful38 I wasn't going to try OPKs but now that it's my third cycle TTC I feel like I should give them a shot. Especially since I'm confused about when I ovulate. I either ovulate late and have a normal leutal phase, or I'm ovulating normal and having a long leutal phase that's confusing me... If I order some now I should still be able to start testing since I'm only on CD3.

This might be two much TMI but I'm starting to think one of our issues might be sperm count. Husband likes to do the BD twice in a row, one right after the first. From researching I think this might lower his sperm count so when we BD the next day it is lower then it should be... I'm going to talk to him about this. We've been together for so long (8 years) so it might be hard to get him to change our routine. I'm going to look at the SMEP!

@twwtoolong I've never taken a pregnancy test so I can't help you there but I'm hoping it gets darker for you!! I always hold off on alcohol when I'm in the two week wait. Husband will understand! Keep us posted!!

6 years ago

@twwtoolong. I've never used the Internet cheapies so in my opinion don't find them reliable. I am sure that they are as they wouldn't sell them if they weren't. Last cycle when I thought I had my BFP, I just told hubby that I didn't feel like drinking and he kept persisting but I kept saying no and even the urge to drink was there but I held out till AF came.

@FlamingoGirl13. This is my first time using OPKs. I would definately talk to hubby about the BDing aspect. I don't see any harm in twice a day as long as he doesn't go twice.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Thank you Beaut1ful38!!

twwtoolong - I think I see something! Take the FRER tomorrow morning first thing - and if you're anxious like me take the internet cheapie later today.

User image

6 years ago

@dragonfly23 That's the thing, he almost always goes twice. I'll talk to him about it when I'm done with my period and back to BDing. I should be able to convince him as we both really want to start this family.

6 years ago

@mir777 We are almost in the same spot! I am 5dpo and if i get a BFP this month, my due date will be Aug 5th! Fingers crossed for us both :) I am not testing until Thanksgiving morning but even then I think it will be too early. My husbands birthday is the 28th so im hoping its a BFP and I can surprise him for his bday!

User Image

6 years ago

FlamingoGirl13 - My DH and I did it alot leading up to Ovualtion, almost everyday. (not twice though) But since i didnt get pregnant for 5 months now, someone on here rreferred me to try SMEP. I actually like it.
its every other day till you received your 1st POS OPK , then do it that day and the next 2 days, skip a day and try again. I have read that its most effective using OPK. but this cycle i switch OPK Brands and think i missed my + day. I kept doing the BD as usual and we shall see.

Pearl_325- How is it going? Exciting to see if we get our BFP. As we both plan ahead LOL, my EDD would be Aug 8th.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo