Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

311 - 320 of 829 Replies | Last Page

Hey dragonfly, That Sounds promising with the Blood in cm! That Sounds lovely have a good Time celebrarating tonight!:)

@callmecrazy im one of the ones the witch got unfortunatley :( happy to hear your charting shows some positive things i hope you have a lovely Time seeing the twins and hope you Get your bfp.

Baby dust girls xxxxx

6 years ago

Pearl - Maybe it being so close to your birthday is a good sign!

Dragonfly - So happy that you and DH had some alone time! I hope you get that positive opk! If you think it's close, you might want to check mid morning and again mid afternoon (sometimes I will miss the blazing positive if I just test once a day).

Callmecrazy - It's so great that your temps are doing what they should!! Fingers crossed that this will be it for you!

Midnight - I would see what this cycle is like and if you are still feeling like it's not what it usually is, then I would def check in with your GP (can't hurt right!)

6 years ago

Has anyone used preseed? I ordered it from Amazon and it will be here Monday. AF should be gone around then so I want to start using it. It has good reviews and I'm willing to try anything!

User Image

6 years ago

@ Pearl - My sister-in-law used preseed both times she conceived her girls and recommended it to me. I haven't looked into it as Husband and I have no trouble with lubrication for BDing... but if I might consider it if we are successful this cycle. Also you should stay in the August group! My due date if we are successful this time is August 26th and that's pretty late in the month. You never know when the baby will actually arrive either.

I started my OPK testing on CD9. Yesterday I got the high fertility smiley face which surprised me as it was only CD10. I got the high fertility smiley face again today so I'm just waiting for the peak fertility smiley face now. The packaging says I can have the high one for four or more days before peak. It looks like I ovulate earlier then I predicted so I guess I have a long leutal phase which confuses cycle apps. This also means we've been off on BD timing the last few months. Looking forward to what my BBT these next few days. Right now it's still quite low.

6 years ago

@Flamingo thanks! We have no problem with lube either but if it makes it eve n easier for the little guys to swim on up then I'll try it! LOL. And I think I will stay in this group for now! I think I may also ovulate earlier than I was originally thinking which might be part of our problem. Same as you were saying. This month we are going to use preseed and just try for every other day through the whole month. I'm also going to my OB/GYN just to get things going and talk to her in case this month doesn't work out again. Hopefully we get it right this cycle!

User Image

6 years ago

@ Pearl - Good luck with the preseed and OB/GYN! Keep us posted about your progress and I'm glad you are staying in this forum. Or at least keeping track of us possible August 2018 mamas.

@ Dragonfly - Did you get a positive OPK yet? Which brand are you using. I can't remember if you told us or not. I'm using a digital brand and I highly recommend it so far. Still waiting for my peak fertility with the LH surge but the one I'm using also tracks estrogen, which increases as you get closer to ovulation. I hope you and DH had some positive alone time ;)

@ Callmecrazy - Glad to see your temps are doing well! You'll be able to start testing soon!

@twwtoolong - 1 month of "really' trying! Men do think much differently then us. He does seem to be in the same head space as you now so that's a good thing. Good luck with the ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow. Keep us posted on!

6 years ago

Morning ladies. I am now on CD16 and still no positive OPK. I am using First Response daily ovulation tests. Even my temp dropped really low (97.3) this morning and I take it at the right time. This has never happened to me. Maybe I am taking my tests wrong supposed to hold off drinking for two hours and hold pee for 2 hours. Guess will see what happens today. Been feeling cramps and still having the watery stretching cm. I am scared that I won't ovulate this cycle and if I do, there won't be enough time for the egg to latch. Off to a children's Christmas party.

ETA. Had fun at the Christmas party. Tested about 20min early and still negative. What gives? Had a bm this afternoon when I got home and had a huge glob of clear ewcm. Hubby and I bd first thing this morning and then went back to bed so hopefully that will help the swimmers.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@ Dragonfly - Do you think you need to try a different brand of OPKs? Maybe that one isn't working for some reason. Also, I read that some women have less of an LH surge then others and this can be hard to pick up on some OPKs. Sounds like your cm is right on track though.

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13. I was thinking of trying the ones you have that shows the low, medium and high. Tonight, I have been experiencing some dull achy cramps on both sides so I am thinking anytime; I hope. I read somewhere that there is a drop in temp before ovulation. Is that true?

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Good morning ladies. Not much to report here. CD17 and still waiting to ovulate. Temp went up to 97.8 from 97.3 yesterday. I am hoping that today will be the day that I ovulate. Still having some minor cramps. Will test when I get home from work and hope I finally see a "yes" on the OPK. Still concerned that there won't be enough time for the egg to latch. I will have to change my "countdown ticker" as I am not 2dpo. On the side note, I hope some of you ladies are close to testing soon and hope to see some BFPs.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo