Community post

Discussion

August 2018 Babies

View Full Post

I was in July but AF has arrived with a vengeance so I'm moving on to TTC an August baby.
Technically this is my 2nd cycle TTC. We started in spring and conceived right away but it ended in a loss. So the first month we were able to try again was October. DH is a truck driver so that makes TTC very difficult. My midwife called in BCP for me today, and I'm going to take them for 2 weeks to delay ovulation so that it will match DH home time for the next 4 months. I'm also Homozygous MTHFR and clotting disorder, so I am on baby aspirin, prenatals with methylfolate, and will start lydia Pinkham when I stop BCP. I need O to occur between Nov 24-29. Any earlier and we will miss it. We are swaying Girl, but only because they are harder to get (for us) and plan two more children total. I'll be happy with whatever we get though!

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

829 Replies • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 829 Replies | Last Page

Got my BFN this morning - AF is around the corner. Hoping for a Christmas BFP! Good luck to everyone!

User image

6 years ago

@mir777 sorry to hear! I will keep my fingers crossed for your Christmas BFP!!

User Image

6 years ago

Morning!

I love how positive and supportive everyone is on the forum too! It's nice to have a place to share these intimate life changes and struggles and not be judged or talked down to. I'm glad I found this site and hopped into the baby forums.

@mir777 - sorry to here about the BFN. I'm hoping for a Christmas baby for you and all of us!

6 years ago

Thank you Pearl and Flamingo - ill come back mid month to check in :)

User image

6 years ago

Question!

I get my OPK tests today! What CD should I start testing on? I'm on CD 6 today. I assume today is too early? Should I start tomorrow on CD 7 or wait longer? Then should I test every other day until I start getting a positive? I'm exited about using them! Can you tell?! lol...

6 years ago

Pearl - I'd be testing if I were you because I have no self control when it comes to POAS LOL!!

Flamingo- Id start testing today, once a day until you start to notice a change the darkness of the line, then test twice daily.

I tested last night and got a positive, confirmed on digital, then tested again at 6am and 8am, each time the line got darker. O is 12-48 hours after the darkest line, so knowing that last night was not my darkest add about 12 hours to my estimated O. If you're BD every 2-3 days you'll hit it, but since I can't usually do that and was trying to sway I like to know exactly when my surge is.

[url=https://lilypie.com]User image[/url]

6 years ago • Post starter

@FlamingoGirl13. I got a months supply of OPKs and the box said to start on CD5 but I didn't start till CD7 and have been testing since. Once, I get a positive then I can stop testing all together and throw the tester out, but I think I will continue testing even after the fact.

Ladies, I am on CD10 and I have been having some blood in the cm. Is this even typical being this far in the cycle? I know you get some close to ovulation as that could be old blood being shed or it could be the egg being released. I know this sounds crazy, but what are the chances of still being pregnant even though you already had your full period? Slim to none I think but never know.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

@callmecrazy haha yea the urge to test is getting stronger now but I am going to try and hold off until thanksgiving! i will be 11dpo at that point so we'll see. This morning i wasn't feeling very good. Tired, nauseous, hot flashes, dizzy BUT I have learned to not attribute any of this to being pregnant because even when i think i am experiencing symptoms i get a BFN. So im going to try and hold off a bit! plus tests are so expensive lol. i have 2 early response, 1 regular and one digital sitting in my bathroom drawer taunting me though LOL

User Image

6 years ago

@ callmecrazy & dragonfly - Thanks ladies! I'll start testing today! I only bought the digital ones with the two smiley faces so I don't have lines to track but if I need those I'll buy them for the next cycle.

@ dragonfly - I would go with your first option for blood in your cm. As long as you had your full normal period you can't be pregnant. Some women do have bleeding during pregnancy that can be hard to distinguish from AF. Did you take a pregnancy test at the end of your last cycle? Was AF normal for you this time?

6 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13. My OPKs are digital and it just gives me a yes and no and your right, no lines to make me go crazy. I did find 2 of my other previous dip tests.

Should I retest as I didn't test after AF finished as one wouldn't think they would be if they have their period. I believe it was a normal period and lasted the right amount of days but whose to say that a heavy bleed could also be pregnant. I only tested positive that one morning and the rest were all BFNs (even that night was BFN). My test is posted if you wanted to take a look but I think it's a evap more than anything but even then I wouldn't know what a evap would look like as that would be my first.

User image[/url]

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo