Community post

Discussion

2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Ladies we've had some great news lately, let's keep it going! This is for everyone starting out for their first or trying again! Best wishes to everyone and loads of baby dust!

540 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

481 - 490 of 540 Replies | Last Page

It will lucky I'm pulling for you

User Image

7 years ago

Hi ladies! I'm sorry for disappearing- I've been locked out of my account for quite some time so I've been unable to post. I contacted CTP and heard nothing, but I managed to get back in.

I've been reading and following along with your stories even though I couldn't respond! Welcome to the new women! Sorry I can't put every individual welcome, congrats, or sympathy in this message! I've missed you!

For those of you who don't know me I went through several rounds of IUI with donor sperm and just about every combination of drug and then moved on to IVF. I'm now 26 weeks pregnant with twins. I know it's hard to believe but it can work!

I made a facebook post shortly after our announcement (a while ago now!) that I wanted to share with this group. It was a really interesting experience to share part of our fertility journey "publicly." After sharing this, we had SO MANY people that we know and love come to us and say "me too." It is easy to think we're the only ones in our world (and that's why this group is SO important). If you care to read the post, have at it:

First, THANK YOU for all the love and well wishes over the past day! Second, we decided a while ago that we'd share something about our infertility journey in close proximity to our announcement. This is us right before I went into surgery to take out lots of eggs... one tiny step for us in trying to become parents (yes, clearly I was already on some sedatives here, haha).
It took well over a year of literal blood (multiple injections daily and blood draws sometimes every/every other day), sweat (some of these lovely drugs cause hot flashes even in "young" patients) and tears (how many negative tests can anyone handle?) to get this far. Infertility is a real thing that no one seems to talk about and going through it su-ucks. We wanted to share for a few reasons...
1. (most importantly) Support! We know that for some of you, seeing our post yesterday sucked. You hit "like" because that's what you're supposed to do, but seeing another announcement got you right in the heart because you don't know when (or if) you'll get to post yours. If you are going through infertility treatments and need someone to talk with, please feel encouraged to reach out to me or [DW]. We can definitely keep it to ourselves because we understand the sensitivity (we kept ours from everyone until approximately now). We went through several rounds of different drugs and procedures and I even had a bonus hospital stay for complications, so we can listen... and it is really hard to go it alone!
2. Education! Most lesbian couples do not do IVF, they do IUI. Yep, we tried that more than a few times. It didn't work for us. IVF is extra invasive and expensive and is reserved for infertile couples-- not just those who don't have all the parts. That is where we ended up and luckily it worked (well) for us on the first try. Most people don't need to get to IVF before being successful, and though we did we feel fortunate that IVF worked for us on the first try. We know that is not the case for lots of couples who have to try it.
3. Education (pt 2)! Just a reminder that you don't know what people might be going through, so the "you're not getting any younger" speeches should be effectively removed from your vocabulary.
If you read this far, an extra thank you for you! :)

7 years ago

Thank you for sharing 2moms2be. I love reading the success stories and very soon hope to be one.
Casamia I hope everything went well today :-)

7 years ago

Wow 2moms very touching.
Lucky it did I'm in bed resting now.

User Image

7 years ago

Hello ladies I got my positive today I thank God for another chance.

User Image

7 years ago

Cam- ALRIGHT! Congrats :) Grow baby grow!

7 years ago

Congrats casamia that's awesome!!!!

7 years ago

Thank so much ladies, now babies be in the right place!

User Image

7 years ago

Just wanted to add my BFP story.

I got my first BFP evening of 10DPO. Lines have been getting darker over last few days, and I go in for first beta's tomorrow. This success is because of a very well timed IUI and donor sperm. This was my second try, first try was not timed well and husband has low count and motility.

I am so happy and anxious. I had 6 cycles of Clomid and timed intercourse a few years ago. All I had to show for it was one CP. Me and DH took time off after that and just started back our efforts a few months ago.

I feel so blessed that after all the waiting I can at least say "I'm pregnant". I have a life or life's inside me. I am hoping for twins

User Image

7 years ago

Congrats Kurius!!!!!!

User Image

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo