Community post

Discussion

2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Ladies we've had some great news lately, let's keep it going! This is for everyone starting out for their first or trying again! Best wishes to everyone and loads of baby dust!

540 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

321 - 330 of 540 Replies | Last Page

Had my transfer this morning, 1 embryo - and now I start the dreaded 2WW!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Esse- so exciting, best of luck for the BFP.

AFM - by the way I only just today figured out what this acronyms meant, I kept looking for someone's screen able to be AFM, lol. Anyway... Today is stim day 11 and i triggered tonight with 7500 units of HCG. The nurse said the doctor may want to do a freeze all because my progesterone is slightly elevated at 1.7. My estrogen is 2868 and I have 15 follicles between 16-29 and a few smaller ones 11 and under. We know that the 29 will surely be over mature but I think they were waiting for my 4 follicles at 13 (as of Saturday) to catch up and be eligible to contain a mature egg. My ER was originally supposed to be Tuesday, and possible even Monday(today) the way I was looking Friday and my progesterone was normal then! Then I want in Saturday and all of sudden they weren't happy with the 1mm growth in a day and instead of checking again Sunday they said to wait until today and now I feel like it's their fault my progesterone has elevated since we had to wait the extra day. Ive been doing LOTS of research and most newer studies show there is no negative affects to progesterone below 2 and implantation and that as follicles mature they actually create more progesterone and with that giant 29 I feel like that's why. I have a consult with my (very conservative) doctor tomorrow at 11am to discuss everything. He actually will be on vacation Wednesday so will not do my ER, the female doctor is. I also feel like she's more inclined to listen to my wants/needs. Has anyone ever been through this?

7 years ago

michelebelle80 - I don't know. They never monitored my progesterone during the stim phase at all for any of my previous IVFs or IUIs - just LH and E2.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Hope everyone is doing well! Im doing the micro dose lupron protocol this time so began the birth control pills today. I'm hoping and praying by the end of September I've got a little one growing inside me! This process is draining emotionally and financially but knowing the possibility of the end result is worth it :-) Good luck to everyone!

7 years ago

Oh, man. Somebody save me from this acid reflux! I'm assuming that it's from the progesterone and that I shouldn't be out shopping for cribs or anything yet. But lordy, it is FIERCE!

7 years ago

Hi everyone! Sorry for disappearing for a bit! I think I'm caught up... sorry if I missed anything :)

hoping- so sorry to hear that it was a BFN for you. Glad you took the bit of time you needed. Sounds like your appointment is next week. Good luck! Is that when you'll learn more about your FET schedule?

dsinha- CONGRATS on your BFP! That's great news! And yes, there is ALWAYS something to worry about :)

Baby- It's great that you're using a doppler. We thought about it, but I think it would scare me more than anything if I was having trouble finding them. I definitely feel you on the dizziness. My spouse has gotten used to me just sitting on the floor when I get up too quickly.

essemkay- Welcome back to the boards! Sounds like you've had some good luck so far for your donor cycle! Good luck in 2ww!

michele- It looks like you had great stuff going on at trigger! Keep us posted and good luck at retrieval!

margie- It's already almost baseline time! Enjoy your BFF vacation!

luckykap- Welcome! Sorry to hear that it wasn't lucky #8, but FX that the microdose protocol is the one for you! We did antagonist, so I don't know much about the others. Infertility is DEFINITELY a draining process and only the strongest women can handle it!

jfmolo- So awesome! I'm glad everything is going so well for you!

bens- Wow I can't believe it's already 24 weeks! You're already past half way!

afm- 12w3d today! We had our first OB appointment with the doc at 10w1d and she said "we're going to do a doppler, but we'll only hear one of their heartbeats with it" We weren't thrilled. Then she had a hard time finding ANY heartbeat and that just about floored us. After she tried to find an available ultrasound tech (who were both busy), she tried the doppler again, found one hb, and was satisfied. We were just more panicked. We had to wait until this past Monday to have an u/s- almost 5 weeks after we'd last seen them! But everything is looking great with pb&j. 20 fingers, 20 toes, 2 heartbeats, and one of them would not stop bouncing around (possibly while the other was trying to sleep, according to the tech, lol). We started telling some friends and family members this week (and I finally told work so I have less stress about what I'm wearing/trying to hide a 12w twin belly on a small frame). Hang in there ladies!

7 years ago

2moms2be "But everything is looking great with pb&j. 20 fingers, 20 toes, 2 heartbeats, and one of them would not stop bouncing around (possibly while the other was trying to sleep, according to the tech, lol)."

That's so awesome! Isn't it just amazing??

7 years ago

Lucky- Good luck this month

Esse- I have only taken one progesterone suppository nightly for my IUI, so not sure if the heartburn relation.

AFM- well I'm a little sad! They counted 15 follicles last scan but we only ended up with 7 eggs ????. Prayers they were all nature and a high fertilization rate. This is our only egg retrieval ever so I really need this to work.

7 years ago

essemkay- yeah it's definitely awesome!

michele- I know it's impossible but try not to worry too much while you wait for that phone call. We had about 15 fewer eggs than follicles counted at the last scan. I cried when the nurses told me our egg count, but it turned out okay. FX for good fertilization and growth!

7 years ago

Having a rollercoaster day. Now going down. Just got a call from my doctor. None of the other 4 embryos qualified for freezing.

I'm so sad and disappointed. So much for paying a premium for donor eggs, I could have made a bunch of sucky embryos with my own eggs for much cheaper.

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo