Community post

Discussion

2016 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

Ladies we've had some great news lately, let's keep it going! This is for everyone starting out for their first or trying again! Best wishes to everyone and loads of baby dust!

540 Replies • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

291 - 300 of 540 Replies | Last Page

Dsinha- how did your transfer go and how many did they transfer? I hope all is well so far in this 2ww! If I can get past the first 7 days the second part seems to go by a little quicker. What protocol for IVF did you use? I was doing Ganirelix before having to convert due to 2 lead follicles.

7 years ago

Luckykap: My transfer was Last Monday and it went by smoothly. I used the heating pad afterwards which helped a lot. I even went back to work the next day. It felt good to get those eggs out as my ovaries were so expanded and was getting to the point that it would hurt to pee before the ER. They got 22 eggs, 13 mature and 11 fertilized. After day
5, they selected the best one for fresh transfer and froze 3 of the remaining. I think the rest had stopped dividing. We are very happy with 4 embies.

I personally feel the second half is slower and brutal. I am trying to pass time reading blogs and being swamped at work helps too. It's super hard to keep guessing if we are pregnant or not.

I did antagonistic protocol. When is your ER? Good luck!

User Image[/url][/url]

7 years ago

disinherit- sounds great! My ER would have been yesterday but last Thursday ivf was converted to IUI bc I had 2 lead follicles and the other 7 were to far behind..I was so disappointed as I was looking forward to it after 7 failed iuis...but Sat went ahead with my 8th IUI in hopes this is the one:-) the 2ww is awful!! I'm such an impatient person so it makes it even worse. I too have been keeping busy with work so it helps to pass the time! Well good luck and you will be in my prayers!!

7 years ago

hey ladies
thanks for all your support <3
its been a rough few days but we are ready to move on and learn from it.
we have a meeting with the dr in a 2 weeks or so.

I want to have a endometrial scratch done b4 next FET - have any of u had this done?

lucky- as much as i hate this saying, this happen for a reasoning and it may no find your comfort but try to stay postive!!! hopefully the 8th iui works!!

Ds- the 2nd half is always the worse because u are on ur own no appointments or anything!! great on the freezing and i wish u luck in the wait!! stick baby stick!!

Margie- thanks hun!it sucks because u make it so far and u know theres a chance it doesn't work but u don't think it will not....we could have moved on to the next but i want to meet with my dr and let me body rest since i think i had mild OHSS. how r u doing??

essem - any updates?

Me: 30 DH:32 TTC since Oct 2014 Dec 2014 - Chemical Pregnancy Diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis on synthroid 75mcg 3 Rounds of Clomid and IUI - (April, June, July) Laparoscopy in July 2015 - mild endometriosis, lots of scar tissue 4 rounds of femara with TI - (Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec) Jan, Feb 2016 - super ovulation cycle/overlap - femara/gonal-f with trigger/back to back iui/progesterone - March/April - break from it all May - femara and TI intercourse - one last chance - BFN June - IVF prep month July - IVF!!!

7 years ago

hoping&praying4ababy - thank you for thinking of me! Had my first lining check this morning and all looks good! Waiting on the call this afternoon with my bloodwork results, but it looks like everything is going according to plan. :)

I've not done endometrial scratching, but I have heard it can be helpful. I asked my doctor about it one cycle and he said they don't do it as a matter of course because they like to let the lining do what it will and try to optimize that with non-invasive measures. And he said it's not a comfortable procedure. But like I said, I have read that some people who have had it done had good outcomes - certainly something to discuss with your doctor!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

7 years ago

Yay, my baseline went well! I had 12 AF on my right and 8 AF on my left. I was so afraid I ovulated again even though on birth control. I'll start my meds Friday. Low-Dose HCG 10 units in the A.M. And the 250 units of Gonal-F at night. I'll go in Monday 8/8 for bloodwork again.

Hoping- Sorry ivf#1 didn't work, let us know if you'll be dong a FET soon

Margie- Good Luck the 22nd! What BC do they have you on? Mine didn't give me any mood swings or changes I was aware of, but I was only on it for 15 days. What meds will you be on?

Dsin- Good luck on waiting, I'm a POAS addict and I know I will test before my beta. I tested positive 11dpo with my first child conceived naturally. Do they only reccomend 1 embryo for you or was that your decision?

Lucky- Sorry about the conversion! How far behind were the others? My RE said if we have 2 leads we can let them go and grow the remaining to retrieve if that was necessary. Did they give you any reason why it happened? When you did IUI's before how did your follicles respond?

Esse- any updates?

7 years ago

Michellebelle: my doc was strictly against transferring more than 1 embryo especially with the risks of egg splitting up. So, we only did one.

Hoping&praying: I am sorry you have to go through this rocky patch. Hope the doc. makes the best plan. Good luck for the appt.! Lots of hugs and bags full of baby dust to you.

LuckyKap: I hope your IUI cycle works out. At the end of the day it's all about that one lucky egg and lucky spermie. Baby dust to you!!!

Margie: I guess you are probably enjoying your vacation right now. Keep us posted once you are back and hope you're having a blast!

AFM: I got my BFP this morning with 3 cheapie tests. I will try FRER tomorrow. I am too excited to even believe it.

Hope you all get your BFP soon! Loads and loads of Baby Dust!!!
Love you gals :)

User Image[/url][/url]

7 years ago

Michelebelle- I only had 8 follicles on the right and 1 on the left so even if we would have let the 2 leads go I wouldn't really have enough for retrieval. My 2 leads were 20,17 then the next closest was 11. I think if I had more follicles we would have let them go. If this IUI doesn't give me my positive hopefully I will respond better to the next treatment. With my IUIs I've usually had 2 follicles but only twice I've had one on my left (I don't know what's wrong with the left side lol) Congrats on all your follicles! What protocol are you using?

Disinha- congrats on your BFP! :-)

7 years ago

Disinha- congrats on your BFP!

Hoping - so sorry the first cycle didn't take. it couldn't have been the egg, maybe not your body at all. I didn't do the scratch. But I will tell you this pregnancy was a FET, 2nd cycle. It is extremely disappointing, I know! but hang in there, look forward to your next cycle. It will happen!!!!

7 years ago

Thanks Bens and luckykap.
I just hope my beta on wed is in normal range. There are so many things that can still go wrong, just trying to not think about it and stay positive!

User Image[/url][/url]

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo