Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Aww thats a little disappoinent in a way. Well ive been experiencing back aches and light cramps if i do strenuouse work around the house. So i decided to lay low and relax. Many women dont feel anything but u gotto stay on safe side and not work ur body. Othetwise its normal now.

9 years ago • Post starter

Hey Ladies, Just wanted to stop in and check on yall. Hgreen I'm sorry to hear that you did not get a BFP. I know how disapointing that is. Amy.oj hopefully this is going to be your month. I remember feeling alot of cramping a few days before my period was due. I kept running to the bathroom expecting it to show but nothing. The cramping continued till I was about 7 weeks along. I did the same thing you are doing. I just took it easy the days I was having them but the Dr. said it was normal and that is was just my uterus stretching. I am a little over 10 weeks now and had my first appt with my midwife last week. Everything is looking good. I have felt pretty good. I really can't complain. I cant wait to find out what we are having. I have an ultrasound sched for week 12 and then again during week 18. Hopefully they can give me a good guess on babys gender at week 12. I feel like it's going to be a boy but I'm hoping for a girl.

9 years ago

How's it going today Amy? How much longer until you test? Oh I SO hope this is your month.

MammaD- thanks for checking in :) I'm glad to hear everything looked good at your midwife appointment. I went to the gender scan with my best friend and it was one of the most memorable moments of my life. Beyond neat! I really hope I get to have that experience for myself one day.

While we of course are still exploring all the avenues of TTC ourselves, hubby and I had an impromptu chat about adoption last week. We decided after we finish our home renos (so in the new year) if we still aren't pregnant we will start down the long road of pursuing adoption. We will continue TTC during that time, but since adoption generally takes a couple of years to get a child under 2 we might as well get the ball rolling at some point. My best friend has also offered to carry a baby for us (through IUI) so that is also a potential option.

9 years ago

MammaD im happy to know your feeling good about your appointment with your midwife and everything is going well and smooth :) I cant wait to have this appointment myself hahaha

So ladies I experienced a speed bump yesterday. a week after my IUI which was yesterday I took a blood test and the results came out and i spent all day waiting for the nurse to call me with the analysis and no one called. I needed to find out whether i should take the ovitrele shot and at what time! So i called them this morning and the nurse said there was a confusion and my file didnt reach her desk but not to worry its not too late. She will get back to me by noon. I actually brought the shot with me to work incase I have to take it early.
Im crossing my fingers tight this time. Thanks alot for being positive and supportive with me on this <3

Hgreen I believe its a good idea to have all your options laid out and clear with your hubby and who knows maybe while you get busy and wait for other things you might end up with baby dust yourself! Whatever you decide i hope it all goes well with you :)

Small hiccup, but hopefully they got back to you by noon today? What was the result? I'm curious, how come you have to take ovidrel after O? I thought it was used to trigger O?

I'm on CD5 today so just cruising along taking all my meds until my appointment on Sunday morning. I'm crossing my fingers so tight that I will get to try the IUI this month.

9 years ago

The nurse called and said my progesterone and estradiol levels are where they should be now and I can take the shot that day. They ask to take it after O because they believe it maintains the O's quality and supplements a suitable environment for better chances of egg development during fertilization and embedding. and in my case it also helps maintain the needed levels of progesterone.

I have a feeling this could be your month for IUI Hgreen. So keep your spirits up and things can just go your way as you hoped for :)

Hellol Ladies!,will like to join this group. Currently on our first try for IUI as we have been trying for a year and still nothing. So here we are trying our first IUI. Being monitored for ovulation and them we start. Getting nervous as i really want to be a mother so badly and i want this to work.

Baby dust to you all

User Image

9 years ago

Yay, Good news amy.oj!!! Just another week or so and hopefully you'll have GREAT news to share :) Remind me, what # IUI is this for you? I'm trying to make a plan for how many IUIs we're going to try once we get the chance.

Welcome Babymama1! Thanks for joining us, we've been a little quiet since MammaD graduated. What cycle day are you on now? And are you taking any meds or supplements this cycle?

CD 6 for me today. Only one more day of Femara after today. I'll be happy to rid of these terrible headaches.

9 years ago

Thanks for the welcome Hgreen87 !

I am currently on CD10 and trying to do the IUI without medications unless its needed if my follicles don't show any signs of maturing. I am currently taking prenatal vitamins that's all for now i started taking them from last month. I really hope we will only have this one try and that is it. Ttc is really emotionally and mentally draining the longer it takes.
Are you also on your first IUI?

User Image

9 years ago

Oh great! I am taking Femara to do "ovarian hyperstimulation" in an attempt to produce 2 or 3 good follicles to increase our chances of conceiving. This will be our 4th month trying to do IUI, but my lining has not been thick enough yet to proceed. I've been at about 6mm, but they need it to 7-8mm minimum but they really prefer over 9mm. I'm trying some new supplements that are supposed to help with blood flow, so maybe this will be our lucky month for a first try!

A couple cycles ago I got really down about the length of time it's taking to conceive. I was spending WAY too much time reading the message boards and journal entries and it was just bringing me down. Since then I've just been checking in on this board and a couple of the ladies I follow and I've been feeling much better. Sure the time it's taking SUCKS but having a negative attitude about it isn't going to make it happen any quicker! I even managed to make it through a 45 minute trip to Babies R Us yesterday with my best friend (who has a 7 month old) without any feelings of resentment. I have just been trying to stay focused on the end result. One way or another we will start a family!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo