Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

321 - 330 of 456 Replies | Last Page

The session went really well. I have a much better understanding now of how the whole process works, what exactly is going on between retrieval and transfer, how they decide whether to do a transfer on day 3 or day 5, how they rate the embryos, etc. you should def go to a session when you are back if you are thinking of IVF.

Yes ive heard of this mini session and while its cheaper I wouldnt do it. $8000 of the cost is the retrieval process and ivf. The other $1200-5000 is basically meds and the another $1000 is freezing and storing. If you do the mini session you cut down greatly on the meds BUT you will probably only have 1-3 eggs for retrieval. You still have to pay for the whole IVF expense. Not only is this way less selection for what makes it to day 3 or day 5, its unlikely there is anything left for freezing. Heaven forbid IVF doesnt work out the first try, a frozen embryo transfer is only $1500, where as if u had to do the mini session all over again it would be much more expensive. I figure by doing the whole IVF its more likely we would have left over embryos for a second try or a sibling down the road. Of course this isnt guaranteed, but the chances are higher. Just my two cents.

9 years ago

Hi girls I've been thinking a lot about you. How are you doing? Did you started IVF or are you starting soon? I am going to book a follow up appointment with the dr soon and I think I am jumping straight to IVF too. Hope you are doing good :)

9 years ago

Hey, Great to hear from you! Are you back from Mexico now? I am about a week away from starting IVF. We had decided to wait one extra cycle so that if we do get pregnant, it would be a January baby rather then end of December. I didn't take anything this cycle and we didn't even really try, In fact I tried my best to avoid any signs of Fertility. I just wanted to give myself a total break before starting on IVF and im so glad I did.

9 years ago

That is great!! So excited for you!!! You will see, this will be your month for sure!!! Yes we are back from Mexico... we have just been readjusting. We are trying natural til the IVF happens and in the meantime we are both taking vitamins, so if they don't help me to get pregnant naturally at least it should do a bit more for IVF. I need to do the follow up appointment with dr to discuss our plan and then probably we will have to go to the same meeting you went to. Do you know if you have to wait a bit to be able to start IVF or can you basically start whenever you are ready?

9 years ago

After you attend the info session, it is one follow-up appointment with your doctor and a nurse to sign all the consent forms and go over medication, etc. dr. Hughes also gave me paperwork to go have all new bloodwork run for my husband and I since apparently we have been going to one fertility for over year now so the blood work we did in the beginning has now expired. It is honestly crazy for me to think it has been over year since we started working with ONE Fertility, I remember when we first started going there I thought I would get knocked up within months for sure.

9 years ago

I see, so I should probably get everything started even though I won't have the money til July.
Wow a year... and you've been through a lot. At least your thoughts were more reasonable, I thought I was going to get pregnant the first IUI... so disappointing... but I am positive this is your month!! :) and hopefully meds won't be too expensive for you.

9 years ago

I would certainly recommend getting everything in order well before you actually want to start. Basically once you have everything signed and you've attended the seminar, you can start whenever you feel ready. One of my other buddies on the side did her first IVF last cycle and she got pregnant! I am hoping we both get that lucky as well. But it is good to know the expenses so much less and it's so much less on our bodies if we have extra embryos to try again.

9 years ago

Hi Hgreen... have been thinking of you lately. Hope everything is going great with the IVF process. Hope to hear the good news soon :).
How are you doing Amy?

9 years ago

Hey! Good to hear from you :) things are going okay so far. There's been some ups and downs but hopefully egg retrieval is only a few more days away now... All these meds and shots are tough on the system that's for sure.

9 years ago

But everything will be worth it at the end! Glad to hear retreival is just a few days away. Don''t want to ask too much or stress you at all. Just wanted to say hi and cheer you up a little. :) Thanks for the update, but don't feel u have to reply back unless you need some support or someone to talk to, otherwise I am good waiting til you give us the GOOD NEWS!!! Have a great week.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo