Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Thank you for the responses.

Ma_espe : i have never tried pinneaple core but i have read online about how it is good for conceiving. So how was your iui procedure? Did you feel any pain? Baby dust X

Hgreen: i am on cd 19 now. Will you be going for a medicated cycle be doing a medicated cycle? Besy wishes for this cycle X

Afm..this cycle was medicated but i only took clomid for just days as doc instructed me to stop on the forth day. I had my trigger shot Saturday midday and was scheduled for iui on Sunday morning as i had a flight to catch that after which couldnt be rescheduled. So i ui was done about 22 hrs aftet trigger. It was a painful as my cervix was closed. Now i just hope iui was not done too early. Not sure how long the sperm can surrvive in the uterus after insemination. Was in a little pain yesterday that i couldnt type alot so this is what is happening with me.

User Image

9 years ago

That's too bad that is was painful. For me it wasn't just had a bit of bleeding after for a few hours. But in my case they barely got it on time. They thought it was a cyst bc it was almost 3cm. I am giving a shot to the pineapple. See if it does anything. Good luck on your trip, and hopefully IUI was succesful for you ;)

9 years ago

I've done the pineapple thing a couple of times (unsuccessfully obviously) but lots of women swear by it so it's worth trying, especially if you like pineapple anyways. For me sometimes it just feels good to be trying SOMETHING. So much of this is out of our control that it's just nice to keep busy with doing something that may help.

babaymama1- I am doing FSH injections this cycle. I started on CD3 and will continue with it right up until the trigger shot and then IUI the next morning. Since it's my first time on the injections they are monitoring me every other day to make sure we are getting the dosage right. The Femara hyperstimulation didn't goes as we had hoped, but with the injections you can increase or decrease the dosage as we need which is great.

It's odd that your cervix was closed for O, but maybe that is what's contributing to your not getting pregnant? While painful, IUI could be the perfect solution for you. fingers crossed!

9 years ago

How are you doing ladies? Anything going on?

I was in for my CD8 check in and there was no growth on my follicles so they increased the FSH dosage for yesterday and today. I'm back tomorrow morning (CD10) so hopefully we start seeing some activity.

9 years ago

Hii, I am doing good. Not very many signs and symptoms. Hope you can start seeing some activity soon! :)

9 years ago

Hello ladies

Hgreen....i hope there is some growth soon. I used to stress about growth of my follicles as i always read and heard that follicles should grow 1-2mm per day. Every cycle is different hun and some cycles follicles will grow late and like myself somr cycles my follicles can grow 3-5 mm per day. It sounds surreal right? But my follicles can grow to a mature form in 3 days. SSo my fingers are well crossed for you. X

Ma_espe: What cycle day are you. Fingers crossed that our iui works.,will this be your first iui?

Good luck ladies....nothing to report my i suppose its too early to tell.

User Image

9 years ago

Babymama1: I am currently on 7DPIUI of my first clomid + IUI cycle. I only produced one follicle so hopefully it works. Thanks for the good wishes!
How many follicles did u have? Is this you first IUI?

9 years ago

ma_espe......Yes it is first iui+clomid but my doctor made me take clomid for just 4 days. I had like 4 but i think 2 were mature. I hope the timing was right for IUI. 7DPIUI.....few more days to go. fingerd crossed. When do you plan to test.

User Image

9 years ago

I know it sounds not very exciting, but the fertility clinic asked me to do a blood test 2 weeks after IUI which is on Wednesday. So I will probably wait til then. You got a pretty good number of follicles, gd for you. And just like you are concerned that it might have been to early I am concerned with me it was too late. The follicle was already so big in my case they confused it with a cyst til they got the bloodwork results back. I am feeling a bit of pressure in my abdomen and like a little pulling, but I have been really stressed out today so it might just be that. How many mg of clomid were you on? Why were you on it only for 4 day? Was it bc you had 4 follicles already, or bc of ur trip?

9 years ago

ma_espe : I took 50 mg Clomid, you?...i ovulate on my own so i presume it was to boost my follicles...i really didn't ask was just glad not to continue taking taking the clomid.

I was also told not to test till the 14th day after IUI. Did you bed before your IUI?

You never know maybe your doc timed it right,time will tell. Are you taking progesterone tablets?

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo