Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Yes, you have to stay positive... everything always works out good even though at the time we don't see it. Then you will look back and realize everything needed to work that way for a reason.
With me IVF is more of a religious debate. I would only like them to retrieve 3 eggs. But it is SO expensive that if neither of them work it would be a waist of money. So I hope I don't have to get to that point, specially cause it is pretty much me the one that wants a second baby (not too much support from my DH).

9 years ago

Hello ladies ! Its been such a long time since I last checked in... Been reading your posts just now and Im glad that you're moving on and staying positive !! And may I say ... have fun in mexico !!!!!

Hgreen just like you I might end up doing IVF early next year as well. Im scared cuz part of me is worried what will happen if it doesnt work but excited cuz im sooo hoping it works. I went to the IVF unit yesterday and spoke with one of the doctors there and it sounded promising since im still in my 20's. So im hoping the same works with you Hgreen. But im gonna miss another period (third time) cuz he asked for more blood tests (3rd-5th CD), PAP test, Breast examination before we move on with increased doses of treatments. He also said I should expect physical changes (bloated abdomen or weight gain, etc) and emotional changes and ovarian pain.
(sigh) oh boy here we go!

9 years ago • Post starter

Welcome back! I have a couple tests to get done before the new year too if we want to move forward with IVF.

I am frustrated because I took my AMH test almost 5 weeks ago now and they told me I'd get results in 4-6 wekks and I called today to see if they were in yet and the nurse tells me the bloodwork hasnt even been sent out yet! Apparently they only send them out about once a month once they have enough in the batch to test. So they said HOPEFULLY it will go out this week or next. I was counting on having the results by the start on my next cycle (currently 5DPO) in order to make a decision on my treatement. Ive been hearing great things about "fertility blend" and Im strongly considering taking the next fews month off from the clinic and switching to just taking these supplements. If no results, then Ill start back at the clinic in Feb when we could do IVF. Have either of you ladies taken this?

9 years ago

No I haven't and haven't heard of it neither. But hopefully it will work. So frustrating about your results, hope u get some answers soon!
I am in another chat room November 2014 IUI/IVF. A girl just had her BFP after doing IVF... so hopefully if you move forward to IVF I will be hearing the same news from you too!! I am 9DPO... trying not to pay too much attention in any signs and symptoms.

9 years ago

The AMH test (Anti-Mullerian Hormone) is a blood test to help the fertility doctor assess the woman's ovarian reserve. The test measures the levels of AMH in a woman's blood and is helpful in determining whether a woman has premature ovarian aging (diminished ovarian reserve) or premature ovarian failure.
I havent taken that test either. It seems like a good idea though knowing what it means now.

Ma_espe hopefully they are good signs for you this month.

Hoping for the best !!

9 years ago • Post starter

Hi girls how are you doing? Any results from your test yet Hgreen?

AFM... I unfortunately got AF again. It's been kind of weird. When I did my first monitoring cycle bf AF showed up I spotted for 2 days. (before I started clomid). So then next cycle with clomid+ trigger shot+ IUI started normal the first day, no spotting straight to AF. So this las cycle I only did clomid and I spotted again for 2 days before AF. Wondering if stress could be doing that.
Also I wanted to talk to a nurse today, bc my first cycle with clomid I spotted for 2 days so I didn't start clomid til 3 days after that and by CD10 (or CD12 if I count from the first day I started spotting) I had a follie over 30 mm. I am scared, since I am increasing my dosage that everything is going to go wrong again. The nurse didn't think it was a big deal... she even wanted me to book for CD10 instead of 8 this cycle... bc last cycle went way slower than the first. But I kept it for CD8 and really hoping the spotting days won't be a factor. :(

9 years ago

My RE said the spotting can be related to progesterone levels dropping off before AF starts. Sorry to hear the witch came again!!! We are way past due for some good news in this group!!!

I see what you mean about the spotting messing with when Day 1 really is. Im glad you kept ur CD8 appointment. I like our clinic but I do feel like you have to be a partner in your health care and ask for what you want, ask lots of questions and dig your heels in at times.

Im due to start AF on Wed. I know there is no chance for us this month since i ovulated an underdeveloped egg and hubby was away for work. It's actually been a nice little break. I still haven't gotten my AMH results back. They said 4-6weeks and this Thurs will be 6 weeks. I have a follow up with my RE next Wed so I really hope my results are back by then at least.

9 years ago

Hi girls how are you? I just had the US done and I am so happy to hear that I had 4 follies. I have 3 at 11 mm and 1 at 10 mm. And my lining at 8 mm. I am on CD8. Do you have an idea if all of them or at least most of them will develope or hard to say? Thanks

9 years ago

Yay!!! Hard to say of all will but it sounds like at least a couple will. The 10mm might lag behind and stop but fingers crossed those 3 11mms will grow, grow, grow!! Are you going for another U/S?

9 years ago

Yes I will be going again on Wednasday... You have an app that day as well don't you? Hopefully your results will be in!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo