Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

421 - 430 of 456 Replies | Last Page

14 is still absolutely fantastic. I had 8 mature eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized with ICSi and 6 made it to day 5. My daughter was graded "4BB".

Grow little embryos grow!!!

7 years ago

So the 11 ones that got fertlized are still doing good today. I did read a bit that embryos that get frozen have a good chance to develope into a full term pregnancy cause they survived it all and are strong. It obviously applied to you and your daughter so it is very encouraging :)

7 years ago

YAY!!!

I was actually remembering further after I replied to you yesterday that my daughter and one other embryo (actually the best rated one) were actually grown out until day 6 and then frozen.

I do remember reading that frozen embryos actually had higher stats of live births and I guess that makes total sense when paired with what you are saying regarding their strength.

I think it's great that you'll get to give your body a much needed rest after all that stimulation before it goes into overdrive for 9 months!

I have goosebumps Im so excited for you.

7 years ago

So day 3 and we still have the 11. However 5 them of really good quality and the other 6 just medium quality (I figured at least better than poor quality or that they stopped growing). So they wanted to know if we wanted to freeze today or let them grow to day 5. They told us basically whatever doesn't make it to day 5 odds are good it would not have made a difference to freeze them and it would just waste our time and money and give us false hopes of a pregnancy. So we decided to let them grow to day 5, hoping for the best and trying to accept the outcome. Tough decision but hopefully the right one.

7 years ago

I think that's the best decision. You're obv going to chose the best quality embryo for your transfer so might as see which one grows the strongest now. It only takes *1*!

Are you headed to Mexico again this winter?

7 years ago

I will be heading down soon.... going down for 3 weeks for Christmas and New Years.... of course that will delay transfer a bit bc of the Zika virus. But it is a sacrifice I am willing to donsince I miss my family so much and my son is super excited to go see everyone :)
Have to call the clinic today... wasn't sure if they haven't called bc of something wrong or just because they were busy or forgotten. Anyways 11 are still progressing. I am happy and relieved to hear that good news. One more day or maybe 2 and stress should be done for a while.

7 years ago

So we have our first frozen embryo, 5 hrowing for an extra day, and 5 that arrested. Hoping for a couple more for peace of mind and extra chances in case first transfer doesn't work. But it only takes one right? Fingers crossed

7 years ago

Wow! 5 growing out for an extra day must mean they are very strong! Let me know what the gradings end up being.

How long are they suggesting you wait after returning from Mexico to do the transfer? It will be so nice to get away and relax after all this.

How are you feeling? Did you have bad cramping after the retrieval?

7 years ago

Hi... I ended up with 4 frozen embryos ( 1 from day 5 and 3 from day 6). I guess the ones from day 6 were just a little bit slower getting to the right stage for freezen. But I am happy with the results and hopefully one of them will make it to a full term baby :). They said good quality but didn't say much about the grading... I have an appointment on the 5th because since it will be a frozen transfer I need to sign other consent paperwork but I will ask for more info about the embryos). I am also not sure how long I will need to wait to do the first transfer..... for the IVF in May they wanted me to wait 3 months after I came back from Mexico. However I read you can get tested for zika virus. So maybe I can get the test done even if I have to pay for it just to speed up everything. I will ask about that in the appointment also.
As for pain I was only in a bit of pain the day of the retrieval and the day after. But able to do stuff right away. And a bit bloated but I guess it was the combination of everything since I got my period yesterday ( nurse said a bit earlier than normal but fine as far as I wasn't in really bad pain).

7 years ago

Sounds great, all you need is one strong embryo. I think they gave me a sheet with the results of the grading each day so we could decide which one to transfer. The fresh transfer we did that didnt stick was a 3AB and my daughter was a 4BB. We also had a 4BA which was the best of the lot but we decided to save it for our gestational carrier who was going through the process to be cleared when I got pregnant :)

Well time to relax a bit and hopefully transfer day will come quickly for you. Be sure to let me know when its coming up. Hugs!

7 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo