Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

251 - 260 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Yes I do, and they called last week and confirmed my AMH results are in!!! :D Im on CD3 today so too late to do anything this cycle besides timed intercourse and take the pergesterone post O again, but Im okay with that.

Let us know how your u/s goes on Wed.

9 years ago

That is good! I hope u get the answers you are looking for. And even if you have to wait another cycle that's ok... maybe the fact that you aren't stressing about it will do the trick and u won't need anything. I will update you on Wed. Fingers crossed most of them develope.

9 years ago

Hi hgreen, how did ur appointment go?

I went for US/BW today. My follicles grew but don't know if I will make it on time. I have a 14,13, and 12 mm on right side (so one of them is gone), and I have an 11mm on my left side, which I guess last time they didn't even mention bc it was under 10mm. But since I have 4 follies if none of them drop they will be cancelling this cycle bc they said bc of my age chances are good that all of them can get fertilized. I have to go back on Friday to see first of all if we will still consider this cycle and if so then see if we can do the IUI on Saturday. I am a bit dissapointed, went from too excited that I had more than 1 follie to upset that I might not even have a chance this month.

9 years ago

Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see what has grown by Friday. The 11 is quite far behind the 14 so I doubt it will continue. Did they say how many is the maximum they will move forward with? They told me 3 was my maximum but I said I was okay with twins. I guess no matter what you are still able to try timed intercourse if you want to. If they cancel the IUI they'll probably advise against it, but personally I'd still go for it.

My appointment went okay. My AMH came back at 18.56. The ranges are as follows:
48.5 + too high (PCOS)
28.6-48.5 optimal
15.7-28.6 satisfactory
2.2-15.8 reduced
Under 2.2 undetectable

So I guess I'm on the lower end of satisfactory, but really I was expecting to be in "reduced" based on an FSH of 12, so I'm relieved. Dr Hughes still thinks we have a decent shot at conceiving using the Puregon injections and IUI so here we go again!! CD3 today so hopefully IUI in the middle of Dec.

9 years ago

Glad to hear results were better that what you thought they would be and that you can start purgeon right away. Hopefully this will be your cycle!! Fingers crossed for you.

Hope you are right and the 11 mm. follie stops growing. I am ok with twins, so I hope they will go ahead if I end up with 3 follies and everything else is ready for IUI.
When is ur next appointment?

9 years ago

Im not back again until Monday (CD8) and im taking 42ius of puregon this time. Last time they started me at 36 and bumped me to 42 half way through. He was wavering between 42 and 50 (dosages go up by interval of 8) so hopefully this was the best decision. I doubt ill get more than one follicle in that dosage but Ill keep my fingers crossed for 2-3!

Be sure to let me know how it goes on Friday! Ill be thinking of you!

9 years ago

Thnks! I will update you for sure.

And every cycle is different so hopefully you will get 2-3 since they are starting you in a higher dose.

9 years ago

Hi girls. I had a crazy morning. I was 2 hours late for my appointment because there was a mudslide in one of the highways. Anyways I had 5 follies: a 17mm a 14mm 2 11mm and a 10mm. So I triggered already and we are doing insemination tomorrow. Do you know if follies continue growing after trigger shot or not? And do you think my 14mm has a chance or only the 17?

9 years ago

Hey! They will continue to grow, so the 17 will probably be a 20 by tomorrow. The 14 will probably only make 16-17mm but you MIGHT squeeze out an 18mm. Why dont you ask if they can ultrasound before IUI tomorrow? They might say no, but they might say yes! Say you're curious because you want the Dr to be able to adjust the dosage if only one reaches maturity. Fingers crossed for you tomorrow! Let us know how it goes. BABY DUST!!

9 years ago

Thanks for the tip... I didn't know they can modify the dose... but that is something to consider for sure. Will let you know how everything goes. Did you started your treatment already?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo