Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 456 Replies | Last Page

How are you feeling today Hgreen? what are your latest updates?

Today im on CD6 ,started my puregon shots yesterday and will test on Sunday. I realized the clinic i go to makes me come many times for tests which is good for their observation but is tiring. I rented a small cottage in the suburbs for a night as a surprise gift for my hubby on our 3rd anniversary for this weekend to get to relax and enjoy ourselves for a change. im so looking forward to this and see the excitement on his face when he finds out its the same place we went to three years ago!

I havent done acupuncture before and I dont know if I can handle so many needles on my face in addition to the shots i keep taking LoL.

Oh !! Yesterday I had a consultation appointment with the head of gynecology in my country and he saw all my tests and records. He said we are moving on the right track and usually spouses that have healthy sperms and eggs and healthy hormone flow who are categorized under unexplained infertility end up getting pregnant for the second and third time without any intervention.
And the only way to find out what the problem is that prevents pregnancy in the first time is through IVF when they take samples from the spouses in the lab for fertilization. But all in all either way there are promising chances for us BFP in the coming couple of months.

9 years ago • Post starter

Yay! Thanks for sharing the good news :) I have been feeling very optimistic lately that my time is coming soon. Patience and giving up control has never come easy for me, but I think I've been doing a lot better lately with it.

Have a wonderful weekend at the cottage with your man & happy anniversary! I hope you have a very relaxing time away. I'm sure he will be thrilled with your surprise.

Nothing really going on with me here, 13DPO. Just waiting for AF to arrive sometime this weekend I guess. I used to always get my period 14-15DPO, but the last two cycles it's been 16 and 17 DPO so I think it's from the Femara. I plan to take HPT again tomorrow morning before we leave for the party just to be 100% sure.

Next cycle I am supposed to go in on CD3 to get my injections and learn how to give them to myself. I'll also do my first blood test and US for the cycle that day. Then I'm back day 8, 10, 12, etc. as required until O for bloodwork and ultrasounds. I agree it's a lot of visits & time invested, but it's great they are so thorough. I am very lucky I have such a fantastic clinic so close to my home & on the way to work. I just found out that a lot of women who go there travel an hour + to see those drs and have access to that equipment.

The acupuncture was just 4 pins on my belly and one one each leg. Then I laid and relaxed (actually fell asleep briefly) for 30 mins. He said they will be in different spots for the various stages of my cycle but nothing on the head or face. I told him right off the bat that I was very uncomfortable with that. So I will continue a few more sessions and see what I think.

9 years ago

Hey! How was your time away? I hope it was great. Any signs of O approaching? When is your next appointment to check in?

AF came yesterday for me so I have my first cycle monitoring appointment tomorrow and start my FSH injections. I hope I am able to give them to myself since DH is away this week for work. Fingers crossed this is our lucky cycle!!!

Anything going on with you babymama1? Still waiting on O/AF?

9 years ago

Hgreen & Amy

I hope all is going well. I had food poisoning last week and been in the hospital for days. Will reply properly when i get to go home. Arms are swollen due to the fliuds intake each day.

Thinking of you both
Best wishes

User Image

9 years ago

Oh My goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are getting taken care of and hope you are feeling much better shortly.

9 years ago

OMG babymama1 !! how are you feeling today? i cant imagine how you must have felt ... i hope you gain your strength and full recovery soon :)

Hgreen how are you doing now? and did you get your test results? giving yourself shots is not as bad as i used to think it would be. I had help at first but now i take them as though its part of my daily routine LoL

AFM: we had a wonderful time last weekend and he sure was surprised when he saw the place as we arrived :) we both needed such time off away from everything and especially after long months of treatments. Im close to my OD now, we are predicting IUI to be on Thursday hopefully.

Good luck ladies !

I'm glad you enjoyed your time away and got some romantic time to yourselves outside of the TTC period. Starting to get fertile signs now?

My Drs appointment wasn't great. It was CD3 and they found a large cyst on my right ovary occupying the entire ovary. There was an 11mm follicle on the left, but it is still there today at 11mm so I don't think think it's going to grow. My blood work results from yesterday showed very, very high estrogen which would normally indicate O. I was back in today and the cyst has grown again slightly so they are thinking it might actually be a follicle but that's crazy big, 37mm. I'm really not sure how it could have grown that big in 3-4 days. I'm still waiting to hear back on today's blood work. She wanted me to come back again tomorrow morning to track it further but I think 3 days in a row is a little much so we agreed on Friday morning. My husband is out of the country until Friday so there won't be any BDing going on, but I don't think it really matters at this point. Yet another cycle that's over before it even starts.

9 years ago

And blood work from today shows high progesterone confirming that I actually ovulated yesterday, CYCLE DAY 3. Sorry for the caps, but that's crazy!!! So apparently I'm in the TWW again already, expecting my period around Oct 1st and then we'll see what madness cycle 21 holds for me.

9 years ago

Hgreen dont give up hope girl i know you can do it and have good patience. With determination and willingness ull get there. Although im confused as to why the clinic is behind in tracking your ovulation as well as ovary status. Usually these things are monitored prior their occurance. For example, on my first days of my period they tell me beforehand to take estrofim to slow down my ovulation so they can monitor it. Then they ask me to come on the 3rd-4th day to do blood and US tests and on that same day they inform u of ur hormone progress and how many units puregon shots to take for how many days and appoint a day for another set of tests after 4-5 days since the day i started my shots. That way they can clearly monitor my cycle and tell beforehand when the ovulation day will approximately take place. Are they following up with you in this similar manner?

Today was my last round of iui and its just a day before the egg ruptures and its a good timing.

Let me know hiw things are moving dear

Normally if you aren't taking any meds or taking Clomid/Femara they start cycle monitoring on CD10 and follow you through to O. When you do injections their protocol is to start monitoring on CD3, which is when I went in this cycle, but too late. I guess it's just very rare to have this happen, especially since I hadn't even taken any medication yet this cycle. Oh well, I'm just trying to distract myself until next cycle.

How are you feeling post O?

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo