Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

371 - 380 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Hi Hgreen... glad to hear from you. Wish you the best luck on your tests... Hopefully they come back with good results, but if not, what a blessing to have a friend like that!!! I hope she gets cleared quick and that either one of you can end up having a baby or babies :)!!!! Are you considering doing a transfer of 2 embryos this time? AFM I had the appointment, doctor was very helpfull cause I was having a bit of a dilema being Catholic. I wanted to do only 3 eggs and if all of them worked I wanted to transfer all of them back. But he said no way they will do a 3 embryo transfer and gave me the option of instead of freezing embryos to freeze the eggs. Obviously way more costly that way. I heard OHIP my be covering IVFs by the end of this year... so my husband and I decided to wait a bit longer to try to save us all that money. The doctor did requested for me to do the egg reserve test *AMH... And I am getting the results the day bf ur appointment. If things look good we will move according to plan, if they don't look good then we might have to forget about OHIP coverage and afford it ourselves. We r still trying natural way... have a bit of a dip in temp about 6-7 days after O... but don't want to get to excited. AF due on Monday so we'll see.

8 years ago

Hey,

Im glad your appointment went well and you got some more info. It sounds like your Dr was able to come us with a decent IVF strategy given your religion. What does that look like for extra costs? I think ICSI was $1500 so Im guessing close to an extra $1500 per fertilization? It is sounding promising that IVF funding will come through at the end of the year so thats good. My Dr explained that they havent defined what that will look like exactly. Like if it will cover the ICSI or the freezing and storage or not. Do you have med coverage? We dont have any. The whole thing ended up costing $13,700.

I have my CD10 scan today so we'll see how things look. The Dr still wont do a double transfer, especially not given my chemical last try. The risk of multiples is just too high. Im actually total okay with that but for a diff reason. I feel like my body is too unreliable at this point with the spottibg to risk transfering in more than one embryo and havivg them both essentially wasted.

Have a great wknd!

8 years ago

Hi Hgreen, good luck on your appointment today! Mine went good my AMH results were good. I am booking the IVF group session for August and then the IVF consent appointment. That way when the goverment says OHIP will cover the IVFs we will be ready to go, cause everyone is going to go crazy... that way we can do it right away. I figure the way I want to do IVFs will cost more than double each time we have to do a transfer... bc each time we'll have to do a sperm wash, and then inject it to the egg plus other costs. But if the goverment pays for some of those costs it will help a lot.

8 years ago

Hi! Im very glad to hear your AMH results came back with good results and everything seems to be falling in to place for IVf as soon as funding comes through. Lots of women get pregnant the first try so let's keep the faith that it will be you too.

My biopsy went well. It was pretty painful at the time but it was nice and quick. Im still taking the estrogen and progesterone another four days and then hopefully we'll do the transfer next cycle. So far so good on tge combo of the meds but the most crucial days are still to come to see if I spot or if AF starts despite tge meds.

8 years ago

I really hope biopsy results come back good and that they have the right meds for you this time. Hope to here that you can do the transfer and that the embryo sticks this time. :)
I will be going to the IVF sessions on August 5... that's the next available one they got... I guess they get full very quick... I still have a little hope pregnancy might happen natural, but every time seams less and less unlikely... Hope the coverage starts soon. but if by the end of the year we don't here anything I will go for it on my own after Christmas.

8 years ago

Hey! I just wanted to check in with you. Results were fine with my biopsy, nothing abnormal found and adding in the estrogen and going back to the compounded progestrogen seemed to have done the trick last cycle to stop spotting. We are going for the frozen embryo transfer this cycle, sunday actually. Hopefully the embryo we selected makes it threw the thaw eithout any damage. They said they would call sun AM with our embryo results and book our transfer time. Eeeeek

8 years ago

Hiii... nice to hear from you... Glad to hear biopsy results were good and you got spotting under control. Hope this is the solution. So excited for your transfer this weekend. Will be praying for the embryo to be in good conditions and that is sticks this time. I really wish I can here you got your BFP :) this month.
AFM... AF is due according to BBT today but might be delayed for a day or 2. I am doing the IVF sessions on August 5th and then the consent forms probably the 2nd week of Sept bc I am going down to Mexico for a couple of weeks. That way we should be ready for when the goverment does the official anouncement of the -?6 coverge. :)

8 years ago

Hi, I have some news to share with you. Today is 6 days past my day 6 transfer and I got a positive pregnancy test this AM. The line was quite strong, much different than the extreme squinter from my chemical last IVF cycle. Im trying not to get ahead of myself here but hopefully this little bean sticks!!! Beta hcg scheduled for Friday.

I hope your IVF sessions goes well this week. Lots and lots of awesome info.

8 years ago

That is awesome news!! I am so HAPPY for you!!! I hope to hear the same good news when u get ur blood test done. :) All that waiting is finally starting to pay. Please keep me updated. Will be praying so that the baby stays and for a very healthy pregnancy!!! I am looking forward for the IVF sessions of Wednesday and to start the process going.

8 years ago

Hey! How did the IVF session go yesterday? Hopefully you and ur hubby found it informative and a good experience.

I have my beta hcg test tomorrow AM so Ill check in after and let you know how it goes.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo