Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

301 - 310 of 456 Replies | Last Page

The group info session is standard at ONE fertility. Basically they get all candidates together to explain the general process, fees, etc. I guess it makes sense rather than having the dr explain the same thing over and over. They hold the sessions every 3 weeks. I have an appoint two weeks prior with my RE to discuss meds and dosage and goals, etc. We'll have one more cycle to try naturally before then so crossing my fingers tight!!!

9 years ago

Thank you ladies for the kind words and support.

Hgreen i like the idea of a group session i guess it helps reduce our worries and concerns. Good luck with that. Ma_espe good i hope luck will be on our side through this journey and everything goes easy and smooth. :)

AFM: To answer your questions; yes they did all kinds of tests and the follicles appeared in perfect size and shape but they couldn't tell whether there are eggs inside them through ultrasounds or blood tests except microscopically. My Dr. once mentioned that they cant point out the reason of failed treatments unless they reach the IVF stage where they can retrieve the follicle and observe the egg microscopically. and there we are now. I have an appointment with the head of gynecology on Wednesday cuz i trust him better than other doctors who did my treatments. (hes expensive to request to follow my case and treatments so i attend to him for consulting which is also expensive) Im going to hope for positive feedback from him. As for when ill start my next cycle.... im not sure if i should continue next month or if its advisable to take a month off.

9 years ago • Post starter

Hello Ladies!!! great news!!! I saw my dr. and we had a good chat and he checked my ovaries and all my tests. Then he said that I was given a dosage of Gonal F thats less than average for my age (100U) while it should be at least 150U which explains having only three follicles. As for the Empty follicles story ... he said that he is confident it was a technical mistake from them or my follicles did rupture just before retrieval because he could see from the US checkup that was the case.
He said not to worry ... I do not have any biological issues that had anything to do with my last IVF session and i should take the coming cycle break to recover.

I called the IVF unit for second appointment and lucky me they made my next appointment with him in Feb. 26 ...... YAAAAAAAY !
im soo exciiiiteeeed

Hi Amy so happy to hear all the good news!!!! Too bad that because of their mistakes they made you upset for a while. But no sense thinking about the past, it is better for you to get yourself physically and mentally ready for Feb 26! So excited for you!!!!

Hi Hgreen... did you do the group meeting yesterday? if so, how did it go??????

AFM I am half way through my cycle... still no O. My temp are still low... but should happen any time.... Keep me updated!!

9 years ago

Yay! thats fantastic news Amy!!! Overjoyed for you :) This time i going to work out.

Sorry I was MIA, I was in Mexico the past week for a friends wedding It was really great getting away with my hubby for a bit. I havent been to the clinic at all this cycle, but O is here now and so I'll start the progesterone in a couple of days. I have my appointment on Wednesday with my RE and then the group session isnt until the 18th which is around the time I'll be expecting AF.

9 years ago

Thanks girls for the uplifting words :D !!! I guess we are back to routine now waiting ... waiting and trying to keep our lifestyle intact to keep us busy rather than obsessing TTC all the time.
Heading back to the gym is perfect idea Hgreen... I might do just the same if blood tests confirmed a negative post IUI and just take it a break for two months (since we sold our apartment few days ago and in a couple months we'll be moving to another one that we still havent found!!! LOL).
Hgreen what progesterone medication are you taking? orally or Vaginally? is it Utrogestan? im taking it now tomorrow is my last day i think and side effects are similar to pregnancy symptoms...how are you feeling?

Ma_espe ... did O show up yet?

That's exciting! Moving will certainly keep you busy and your mind off the obsession of TTC. The pharmacy I go to at the clinic compounds their own progesterone supplements and the box just says "42 Progesterone Supp 200mg" they are suppositories and I can use them vaginally or rectally. I was using them predominantly vaginally but last cycle I switched because I found the leakage really bad and they ruined a bunch of my underwear and my sheets. As for symptoms, I didn't experience much but you won't get your period for as long as you keep taking them. The last two cycles my period arrived almost a perfect 24 hrs after my last Supp.

9 years ago

Hi Amyyy you must be excited about moving!! that will definetly get your mind off TTC.

How was ur trip to Mexico hgreen... what part of Mexico did the wedding take place?

AFM I did O last Thursday since my temps went up on Friday... I joined a gym today so at least that will make me not think to much on the TWW.

9 years ago

That's great! We aren't too far apart in our cycles, I wasn't using OPKs or charting so I'm not certain of O date but Im guessing Feb 1st or 2nd.

We were around the Mayan Riveria for the wedding. The resort was called Grand Sirenia Riveria Maya. Where abouts are you? We also went to Xplorer while we were there. I was reading in the Xplorer magazine on the bus that there is some fertility cenoyte there. I wish I could have figured out where it was sooner and gone for a dip!

9 years ago

If you are interested, I just found the magazine and the place is called Xenotes and the fertility cenote is called Ha' Agua / Ha' Water.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo