Community post

Discussion

TTC through IUI and im 27yrs old

View Full Post

Ive been TTC for two years during which I discovered I am categorized under unexplained infertility. Im now attending an infertility clinic since November 2013 taking medications and constant tests (even though i am not suffering from any reproductive malfunctions) and still not even a faint positive sign. This month I had my first round of IUI and been feeling different a few days after until now. My cramps and tiredness and back aches and sleepiness are increasing.

Does anyone else experience my case or has before? Im really hoping it works the first time!

456 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

331 - 340 of 456 Replies | Last Page

Trust me, I sincerely appreciate you checking in on me. Not many people understand this journey so it's very reassuring for me to know you're here and you get it! The Dr is estimating Monday for the retrieval so we shall wait and see what tomorrow brings.

9 years ago

That's exciting! Are they witing for Monday bc the follicles need to get to a specific size? How have you been feeling with the meds?

9 years ago

That's right, they want to get as many follicles to the mature stage as possible, even if that means letting a few get oversized to allow for more to be the proper size. I already have one 25mm today that we had to let go and might have to let two more go for the good of the group, LOL.

I was feeling okay on the meds. Slightly emotional but yesterday and today Im really noticing the physical side effects. My ovaries are so full and very sensitive. Lots of cramping and pulling. Ultrasounds have become quite uncomfortable. And my boobs are big and sore. Nipples are swollen and super sensitive. I find out tomorrow if retrieval will be Sun or Mon.

9 years ago

Wow... but sounds very promising and looks like you are responding very good to the meds. And in a few days it will be all over. At least we got to experience a little bit of the side effects while doing the IUIs. And once they do the retreival they do the insemination outside and after that they will decide if they will transfer them back at 3 or 5 days? What is the criteria on when to transfer them? And would you get 2 or 3 of them transfered?

9 years ago

Well slow and steady grow again today but retrieval for Sun is off the table and now it looks like more likely Monday but possibly even Tues as my follicles arent growing quite as quickly as expected. The nurse is optimistic about retrieving at least 10 follies so im feeling optimistic.

We are actually going to do ICSI where they inject one sperm directly into the egg to increase the chances of conception. They will decide on day 3 if we're going to do a day 3 or day 5 transfer. They look for the cells to double every day so by day 3 you should have 8 cells in each embryo. They look for shape and other stuff too. If they dont look so great they will transfer one or two on day 3. If they look good they will keep growing them until day 5 and do a single embryo transfer. By day 5 they change into a blastocyst and there's a bunch of criteria they are looking for. They teach u all about this and show you pics in the IVF session, its really informative. Did you book ur date?

9 years ago

That's awesome 10 follies sounds pretty good. I've read about the sperm injection, should deffinetly increase your chances.
I will be booking an appointment soon. Thought for a while I was pregnant, but it was just a really late period. I guess stress from coming back home and getting my son on track. I also had a bad yeast infection, don't know if that would of made AF come late. I should have the money for the IVF around July-August. But it will be better if I have everything organized (IVF meeting and paperwork done) and then just start right away. Glad everything is going good for you, maybe not as fast as you might want it to go but at least you can see all those little follies developing.
Do you have to go back again tomorrow for US, or not til Monday?

9 years ago

Yeah they explained to us that ICSI was developed and previously only used for male factor infertility but now they use it 98% of the time because it increases conception huge. It's an extra $1500 but seems worth it to us.

I was hoping for 12 eggs retrieved but certainly not complaining if we end up with 10. I am back in tomorrow for another US. They will decide based on follicle sizes if retrieval will be Mon or Tues.

9 years ago

Hi hgreen how did the appointment go today?

9 years ago

Great! Retrieval is booked for 9am on Monday morning. I trigger tonight at 9pm and that's my last injection for this cycle! So thankful for that.

9 years ago

That is awesome! Hope u have a nice and relaxing Sunday. And good luck tomorrow! :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo