Community post

Discussion

April IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Anyone trying for IUI or IVF in April 2014?

344 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

71 - 80 of 344 Replies | Last Page

I have had progesterone issues, that's why my 're made me wait for iui so long. First month it was 3, then 8, then last month 14. I go on Monday to have it checked. If low I go on progesterone supplements he said.

10 years ago

Took a test today it was bfn snow white. 7dpo.

10 years ago

Of course it was. Even if you were in the very very small percentage of people who have an embryo implant at the very earliest possible moment at 6dpo, 7dpo would still be too early to trip an hpt.

I know people post positive tests and mark them 7dpo, but there's no way they're 7dpo and must be off on ovulation date.

Keep your chin up!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

essemkay, do you start your progesterone right after IUI or wait until later in your luteal phase, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not proven to have a progesterone problem, but I haven't actually had my progesterone tested either. I do spot for 4-7 days before my period and my RE said I can take progesterone or not - up to me. I'm just wondering if it would make sense to start it around 5 DPO or so, or if I should start sooner.

I just had my IUI today. I went in yesterday on CD 11 and had an 8 mm lining and 21 mm follicle. Triggered last evening (they said I was already surging already) and IUI this morning. 27 mil motile! So fingers crossed that this is it!

User Image

10 years ago

Tks essmekay, I so needed to hear that.
Northern good luck honey. Rest and try to stay sane.

Afm today the cramps went away, still have cm which is unsuall.

10 years ago

Northern, if I do IUI, I start the progesterone the next day. On a natural cycle, I start generally on CD17 (I usually ovulate on CD16). There's no such thing as too much progesterone, you just don't want to start it until after ovulation because it will prevent ovulation.

Also, please note that progesterone is safe during pregnancy, but progestin isn't. The warning labels actually apply to progestin (a synthetic progesten similar to progesterone). All the names sound similar, so I thought I'd point that out. :)

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Hey ladies,

I think this month we are going to take a break from seeing the doc. AF hasn't shown yet but DH and I are traveling (separately) a lot this month. We will just play the luck card.

Two questions. I feel like someone mentioned acupuncture one time to help with fertility. Has anyone tried it or heard concerns about it? I'm thinking it may not hurt.

Second, how much do you think alcohol and caffeine really play in fertility? I drink half-caff coffee every morning and we drink alcohol on the weekends and sometimes more. DH thinks they affect more than I do. I'm all for cutting everything out but not ready to give it up yet. But at the same time, I realize how selfish that sounds..

10 years ago • Post starter

Thanks Essemkay, I was sure I read about IUI and natural being about the same chance if you were unexplained fertility.

I haven't had half the tests you girls have had. I'm kind of grumpy now they didn't do much when I was 35.

Even thing works normally with me and my husband has a great count, I just have to keep praying I guess!

10 years ago

Red, they say coffee is really terrible for conception, it is supposed to discourage eggs from implanting. My RE told me one weak cup a day is ok but I drink Rooibos tea instead now.

Soft-drinks with artificial sweetner has been called instant birthcontrol!

Fortunately, I just blame wine for my migraines, so it was easy for me to give it up (once you are pg, I wouldn't dare drink it, I know a wee girl with fetal alcohol sydrome, she is a darling but you feel bad for her)

10 years ago

Red, I know coffee is a hindrance and diet drinks are horrible. However I to am a caffeinated freak who loves regular sodas. It is only selfish if you are pregnant and do something you know will harm the baby such as continue with alcohol. We can't judge you on your journey,we all could play the what if game and have others judge and condemn our ways. However it's between us and God. Chin up love.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo