Community post

Discussion

April IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Anyone trying for IUI or IVF in April 2014?

344 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

21 - 30 of 344 Replies | Last Page

Where's TXkadams?? I want to know how the iui went yesterday!

10 years ago • Post starter

Me too!

10 years ago

Hi Ladies, IUI went fine yesterday, only 32Mil motile prewash, so they did the 2x wash instead of the gradient obstacle course, so we ended up with about 30Mil motile post wash, which is way better than we usually see. I layed on my right side afterward as I only had one mature follicle. I took the day off as a mental health day and just sat on the couch and caught up on my recorded shows. It was really nice, I can't remember the last time I had the house all to myself for more than an hour at a time.

Back at work today, and trying not to be so down. My plan is to try a lupron suppression with IUI one last time (May/June), then switch to IVF, but probably embryo implantation instead of my own eggs. Or possibly adoption, who knows.

What drugs are you IVF peeps on? I only got one follicle with my three vials of Menopur / one Cetrotide this time (and it didn't slow my response down at all), so I'm looking for other options. I'll look back at these boards, to see if the other protocols had slower follicle growth/more follicles. Perhaps the Menopur isn't the best option for me.

10 years ago

My estrogen and progesterone results are in and egg retrieval is scheduled for tomorrow morning for me. I already did my trigger shot last night and today is just a relax prep day! Please send us lots of positive thoughts for lots of mature eggs that fertilize beautifully :)

We're also the unique case where we welcome multiples :) since we're paying so much and the process is so taxing on my body. A twofer would be fantastic :)

10 years ago

Sending prayers your way awhitter

10 years ago

Awhittaker, good luck! Sending positive and fertile thoughts your way!

Red, fingers crossed that you get a BFP on Saturday!

Sorry you are feeling down TXkadams. You never know - all those swimmers might do the trick this time.

I had my CD9 scan today and they found that ovulation seems to be back on track this cycle - I'm not ready to O yet. I have a 6 mm lining and one 14 mm follicle and several smaller. I didn't even have to ask about the FSH and E2 testing - he gave me a requisition for monthly testing of both. Makes me a bit worried since the nurse said that I didn't need to get more testing done. But since most of you seem to follow this protocol, I'll just take this as a good thing for now - at least I'll know if the levels are screwing up. He's happy with doing herbs and trigger shot this cycle so we are good to go! I hope my lining thickens up though over the next few days. I go back for another scan on CD11.

User Image

10 years ago

Txkadams- so glad to hear you relaxed and took day off yesterday! That was smart!!! I hope it worked for you so you won't have to think about IVF!! I'm telling you, try acupuncture too!!!

Awhittaker- sending you prayers!! Come on twins, twins, twins, twins!!!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Twins would be awesome! I love to have twins.

10 years ago

TXkadams, good luck! Sounds like whatever wash process you did is the way to go! Hoping you don't have to go down the IVF road, but if you do, you almost certainly won't be doing high doses of menopur -- at least, not as your only stim. My last IVF, I did 225 of follistim and 150 of menopur - which is a really high dose (but I'm really really old). We ended up with 16 eggs retrieved. Both of my previous 2 IVFs, I did 300 of follistim only and had 6 and 8 eggs retrieved. The cycle with 6 eggs ended up being the one we got my daughter from. The one with 16 eggs ended up being the one where I lost the baby at 10.5 weeks.

My RE generally feels that 300 of FSH is about the max dosage he'll do (menopur has both FSH and LH in it - so my 225 follistim/150 menopur equals out to about 300 of FSH) - he feels higher levels harms the eggs too much.

Awhittaker, best wishes for a super easy retrieval tomorrow!! Depending on how many eggs you have, you may feel worse the day after retrieval, so be good to yourself and take it easy (the follicles all fill back up with fluid until they realize they've been robbed of their pearls and then they start to shrink again).

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Glad everything went well, TX! Take it easy!

Awitaker- Good luck to you tomorrow! Here's to wishing you the perfect eggs!

I have just started my first (and hopefully only) IVF protocol, with today being cd1. I am starting bc pills Saturday and not really looking forward to it. They always make me so nauseous.

IAmPregnant Ticker

10 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo