Community post

Discussion

April IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Anyone trying for IUI or IVF in April 2014?

344 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

291 - 300 of 344 Replies | Last Page

Try this one:

www.babyhopeful.com/thyroid-problems/

User Image

10 years ago

So I talked to the nurse and she said she talked to my RE and they think my levels are fine at 2.09 (of course) I tried explaining everything i read and she was not having it. I asked to have a full thyroid panel done and she flat out said no , but we could retest my TSH numbers. She also stated that they only go off the TSH numbers. Which pissed me off. I'm going to talk to my doctor directly when i see her on the 2nd.

Also after a long talk with my husband the day i was suppose to start my meds. We decided to go ahead with this IUI. If my levels were still at 2.810 then we wouldn't have. But since they were much lower this time. We would go ahead.

One more thing on myself. I have a Vit. D deficiency, could that be hindering me? We just found this out last cycle.

Essemkay- Last month was my first month on fermara and i got much more CM but O'd at regular time. I am also noticing that now that i had AF, it was much better, no spotting torward the end and was 2 days longer. On clomid i was getting to 2 day cycles. Some would say dont complain but i was starting to get wierded out.

User Image

10 years ago

Stevi, I would suggest considering seeing a naturopath. They should be able to prescribe natural thyroid treatment, and would look at all your bloodwork to make sure everything is optimal.

This is what I'm going to do. I saw one years ago for my fibromyalgia, but I moved and then she moved, and I didn't get around to following up with a new one. I got a recommendation today from my TCM doctor for a couple of good naturopaths in my area that focus on fertility and pregnancy.

As for vitamin D, many people in northern latitudes are deficient and it can affect your fertility. I take a 1000 mg supplement daily and it has brought my level up (I was deficient years ago). Getting outside in the sun for 15-20 minutes a day (without sunscreen) is the best source though. And you can still take the 1000 mg/day as it won't hurt you to get extra. Dark-shinned people are more likely to be deficient.

User Image

10 years ago

My RE started me on 2000iu a day once we found that out. and yes i'm very fair too and usually hide from the sun. But since then which was about 3 weeks ago i have been trying to get more sun and take a supplement. I'm from colorado so no lack of sun here, even in the winter :)

User Image

10 years ago

Well, isn't this always the way? I just got back from urgent care. I have something wrong with my facial nerve - parasthesia of unknown origin, possibly infection. But it's less a tingling of the skin as it is the feeling like someone is jabbing me in the jaw with an electrified cattle prod. So, of course, my opk is positive and my husband is leaving tomorrow morning for an overnight trip - so I gotta suck it up and git 'er done tonight!

Positive on CD10, who'da thunk it?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

I'm 13 dpo, no symptoms this time - ooer I hope I get no Af this weekend :)

10 years ago

opalfoxy - hoping that AF stays away for a very long time for you!!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Hello ladies. No pregnancy for me yet so IUI the end of this month slash beginning of May depending on my ovulation. On femara and its CD7/8 still spotting which is very unusual for me. I hope this is the month. Any start a May IUI thread yet? Hope all is doing well

10 years ago

Stevi- Good luck on the 2nd when you speak with your doc. I agree though, the fact that you are lower (2.08) than your previous count which was 2.8 is great news... did you take anything to get it lowered? I'm wondering what could have made the difference cause that's almost 1 whole point difference! Mine was hovering around 2.7-2.8 for 2-3 years when they first checked it and when they last checked it was 2.86, hence the synthroid.
Y'all started me on Vitamin D3 (I was taking it but stopped) so I did some research and it turns out the when you get prego you NEED to take Vitamin D supplement.. thanks ladies!!! I'm taking 2000IU and will ask my RE if I should be taking more in my appt. on the 5th.

Essemkay- wow! that's awful!! hope you feel better! If you catch that egg, you'll have quite a story to tell! haha! Lookis like you'll ovulate early which is totally fine... are you going to take progesterone supplement to extend luteal phase?

Opalfoxy- fingers crossed AF stays awayyy!! Come on BFP!!!!

Amommysluv- good luck this cycle sweetie! I hope you catch the egg(s)..!!!

User Image

10 years ago

opalfoxy, good luck!!! Sounds very promising. Are you doing a beta this time? Go get 'er done if you are! I can't stand waiting, lol.

essemkay, ouch, that sounds so painful. Hope you can do the deed!

miracle, glad you checked into the Vit D!

amommysluv, good luck this cycle!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo