Community post

Discussion

April IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Anyone trying for IUI or IVF in April 2014?

344 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 344 Replies | Last Page

Tkadams! Take me with you! I have no idea on your follicle question. And, giving up coffee sucks. I'm now obsessed with decaf.

I need help! We saw the RE on Tuesday and he said that dh count was low last iui and we need to figure out if it was a fluke or something else going on. RE wants dh to do another count this weekend and since I was going to ovulate, he said we could do an iui also. CD12 is tomorrow and he said to start testing then. In the past, I would get a smiley face on day 14 every month. Last month it was day 12 and guess what? I tested today (cd11) and I got a damn smiley face!!

Here's my problem, since I thought I would ovulate later I made (made) dh have sex with me this morning. He is supposed to have a min 2 days build up. That's not going to happen if we iui tomorrow. So, do I skip iui, do the baby dance again tonight or tomorrow morning and see what happens and leave it to faith?

10 years ago • Post starter

My shaky knowledge on this is that when you use meds to stimulate follicle growth and then use a trigger shot, only those follicles containing mature eggs are able to ovulate - the trigger shot or LH surge if going the unassisted route causes the egg to cleave its chromosomes in half and detach from the follicle wall so when it ruptures, it is released with the fluid inside the follicle. After ovulation, the ruptured follicles become corpus luteum and produce that lovely progesterone.

Anyway, the unmature eggs can't cleave and release, so they just wither. And hopefully the follicle will do the same. However, some continue to grow, not realizing that their payload missed the boat (to mix up a couple of metaphors) and become cysts.

So, the long story short version is I don't believe the eggs, if any, in the cysts are viable.

At least, that's all my understanding from what my RE explained to me the cycle I had 2 cysts over 40mm and 2 over 50mm (yowch, by the way!).

Have so much fun in Europe!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Nevermind TOTALLY over reacted.

Talked to husband and nurse and we decided to not do iui this month and see what happens. I feel good about it. Wish me luck!!

Thanks for the explanation Essemkay!

Red, I asked the doc via email, but he was leaving on vacay when I left, so he won't get back to me til after the holiday. I'll let you know what he says though. From Essemkay's response it sounds like they aren't viable, just leftover fluid. Bummer. I was hoping I might get a double chance this cycle. Fertility science has so many what-ifs.

As for your IUI or not question. I'd go ahead and IUI tomorrow. If his counts are already low (do to frequent sex or something else) it's better to IUI than not. And he can get tested another month to check counts later if necessary.

Edit: Err, nevermind, just saw your reply.

10 years ago

Thanks, TXkadams!

We kind of went in circles about it. Just need to give it to god at this point.

TXK just this cycle ;) :p - it took me 3 weeks to get over quitting coffee

I'm 7dpo today and I have no symptoms :? Not like my IUI cycle. Wonder if the IUI made my symptoms or I was just sick?

I'm taking more femara 5mg vs 2.5mg too

Husband has agreed to participate in the next IUI cycle :) I don't think he likes it

10 years ago

How's everyone doing?. Checking in on n all.

10 years ago

Nothing going on with me. I'm on CD5. Trying femara this cycle. No side effects that I'm aware of, at least not yet. How are you doing?

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Got my beta today - negative. I'm so done with this. I'm drinking Bailey's spiked coffee and eating chocolate right now.

Good luck to everyone testing in the next couple days - I know there's a few of you!

User Image

10 years ago

I am sorry northern. Hugs.
I am good I am on cd8. This round with 5=pills of Clomid I am feeling the difference. I feel bloated, can not stop eating( dinner double meat double cheese burger, chili cheese fries, coke) and love I been ummm more um charged Lol then ever ! I go on Tuesday for cd11 scan.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo