Community post

Discussion

April IUI/IVF 2014

View Full Post

Anyone trying for IUI or IVF in April 2014?

344 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 344 Replies | Last Page

Thanks Miracle! I'm going to ask about that!

I finally got a call back from my nurse. She is letting me start my meds this cycle without the consultation YAY!! she is also letting my skip my day 3 US. Since they got their baseline last month and i ended up having to do 3 US's instead of 2. So that helps with the cost for us OFP. They are also up'ing my dosage of Fermara to 5mg.
When they checked my egg quality and quantity she was very suprised , even for my age, on how many eggs i had. So she was worried about medicating me. But said since i "didnt explode" last cycle she is comfortable with up'ing me.

User Image

10 years ago

Miracle - Thank you so much for that recent post! I had my thyroid level checked at the end of October and it came back in the "normal" range so my obgyn at the time didn't say anything about it and I didn't think anything about it. My level was 4.19. I checked with a friend of mine who has a thyroid issue and she also confirmed that her endocrinologist also told her that a level between 1 and 2 was ideal. Now, I'm thinking that maybe that has been a big part of our problem.

I'll be having my second IUI at the end of this week sometime. Is it even worth it to go through with it with that thyroid number?

Also, my new dilemma is whether I should make an appointment to see a RE or a regular endocrinologist. My new, regular obgyn has been doing my IUIs for me so I'm not currently seeing a RE. My insurance doesn't cover anything remotely related to fertility stuff so anything I do through them wouldn't be covered. If I went to a regular endocrinologist, it would be covered, but what if they aren't as familiar with the fertility aspect of it and I end up having to go to the RE anyways?

What would you ladies do if you were in my situation?

10 years ago

Lulu, that's a tough one! If it were me I'd probably go the route of trying a regular endocrinologist - then you can be certain that you're getting the thyroid issue sorted and go from there.

Miracle, thanks for that info about thyroid. I checked my previous tests - my level has always been around .4-.7, so really low. I don't know if this is good or if it's starting to border on hyperthyroid. Doctors have never seemed worried about it.

Stevi, that's great you can go ahead this cycle!

User Image

10 years ago

I just called my OB to get my last thyroid numbers bc my RE office is closed and it was 2.810 on 4/5/12. I wounder if that is my problem too. I'm going to call my RE in the morning and see what my numbers were when they ran it 2 months ago and see what the nurse says!! Thanks so much Miracle for sharing that info!

User Image

10 years ago

Guys I am so sick. Do you know how bad it would be to take cold medicine? I go to Dr. tomorrow for cd11 scan with iui this week. But I have chills and headache and teeth hurts, ear aches. Any suggestions...

10 years ago

Ladies- so glad I could help shed some light on this thyroid issue... please google it and you'll see so many cases of girls saying the same thing!!!

Lulu- If I were you I would go to an RE. They'll know to give you the correct medication to fix your thyroid. I also would wait on doing IUI until your TSH level is between levels 1 and 2.

Northern- Your level is still off on the other direction. You're borderline Hyper and I was borderline Hypo. Google it and ask your RE about it. I would try to get it between 1 and 2!!

Stevi- your level sounds like mine and my RE put me on synthroid... I'm surprised yours didn't. Even so, I would demand they prescribed it!!!

Texas- so sorry sweetie! Hope you feel better. I don't think taking cold medicine could affect follicle count or any of the sort... doublecheck with the nurse at your REs office though.. maybe they'll even tell you what's best to take!!

User Image

10 years ago

Texasgirl13, so sorry you're sick! I would stick to tylenol and maybe an anti-histimine or mucinex (NOT the one with the D). You don't want to take any decongestants or anything that will shrink mucus membranes since you're trying to build up a nice fluffy lining. I've heard motrin can be not so good when TTC, so I personally steer clear of that.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

10 years ago

Miracle- I am waiting to get a call back from my nurse. I am going to ask for a meeting with my RE and talk to her about this tomorrow. I went crazy last night with doing research and i really think your on something. My husband and i have decided to wait out this IUI and get my doctor to put me on synthriod. If she wont we are going to look into another RE. I see no point in wasting the money if i have a bad feeling it wont work and now this thyriod issue has come up.

LULU- Yes i would wait this one out. I'm going too and my levels are not even as high as yours. We can do this together, k?

User Image

10 years ago

Texas - Are you feeling any better today? How did your ultrasound go?

Stevi, Miracle, Northern - Thanks for your opinions on the thyroid and whether or not to sit this IUI out! I do value your input since you're all seasoned TTCers.

I talked to my husband and even though it might just be throwing money away, we 've decided to go through with this IUI. My cycle day 11 ultrasound is already scheduled for tomorrow, I already ordered and paid for the trigger shot, and I already finished my Clomid. I just feel like the train has already left the station for this cycle.

We have a trip planned for early July to Croatia and Montenegro and I didn't want to risk going there if I was early on in the first trimester so we were planning on taking a break anyways after this cycle and trying again at the beginning of August so I figure I'll try to use that time to get the thyroid issue addressed if this cycle doesn't work out. I made an appointment for a regular endocrinologist for May 8th. If they put me off and don't think anything is wrong, then I'm going to make an appt with a RE.

Stevi - Let me know what your RE says about your thyroid!

Thanks again, ladies! I'm so happy I found this forum!!

10 years ago

Good luck with your IUI Lulu! I wouldn't cancel out of this cycle either, since you're already CD 11. Sounds like you have a good plan in place.

Miracle, you're right, I should really get them to look at that low TSH number. I think I might just do a natural cycle this time around while I get this sorted. I also have had low iron for years and take a high dose iron supplement. I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (by my GP who just looked at the trigger points online and tested a few on me and said yeah, it must be fibro since we can't figure out what else it might be). Given all this, and that autoimmune disorders play a role in infertility, I think I need to take a step back and try to sort out my health issues again. Sucks cause I don't really have time to do this and I have spent years trying to get to the bottom of them before. No one seems to know what is wrong, and acupuncture hasn't been a miracle cure yet either.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo