Community post

Discussion

April 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in April 2015, regardless if first or last child.

447 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

361 - 370 of 447 Replies | Last Page

Just checking in. I have nothing new to report - had an ultrasound on Friday and I'm still waiting to hear from my doctor with the results. But had a positive OPK today, so I guess it's too late to try and bump up my lining. Ugh. Another day older and another cycle wasted.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Don't know why this posted twice. Whoops!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

Ls, that is wonderful! My best wishes for your little bean and you!
Texas, I hope the best for you for the new cycle!
Basia, when is your trip? I think in may? Enjoy it! You need this change!
Essem and red, good luck!

9 years ago

kethryes - May 12 - May 25 :) Almost 2 weeks ... any vacation plans for you coming up? I think we all need vacation from TTC

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

Im 14 DPIUI... tested BFN on HPT this am and have a beta scheduled for this afternoon... I want to skip it but then hear/read so many stories where the BETA comes back POSITIVE even after a neg HPT the same morning... but Im preparing for the worst and grasping for straws all at the same time.... this was our second IUI and Im done... too much stress.. too much heartache and disappointment month after month....

Thinking and praying for you all on this crazy journey! Baby dust to all!

2 kiddos from a previous marriage 3 early MC and then our rainbow baby arrived in 2013 TTC FOR 2 YEARS for # 2 IUI#1 March 2015 IUI#2 April 2015-- TWO WEEK WAIT

9 years ago

Ladies i need some advice i am really confused. My Dr does not feel like i am at the point for ivf. She wants to do iui with a high dose of injectables. This would make my 6th iui but my second with injectables; but i am torn. i don't know what to do. iui will cost at 4K and IVF will cost about 15K. i just wonder if it is throwing away money since i question if my eggs are even good. i only had three sorta good eggs with injectables this time! my e2 was only 297..... that has to say something.....

I started taking dhea, and i was thinking of adding acupuncture. Do you think either of those will make a difference?

i don't know what to do iui, or save up for a yr or so for ivf????? Plus i am old 36..... so the clock is really starting to tick downward. :(

9 years ago

@nikkicruse- Praying your numbers are just starting off a little low and you get good news today! Mine started off very low and i am fine now! Can't wait to hear!

@texas- Hmmmm that is a very hard decision to make. Personally, i am so glad we moved on to IVF and stopped wasting money with IUI, but if your doctor feels IUI can be successful for you, that is much cheaper. What is your AMH level? that will really indicate the quality of your eggs. And good, glad you started DHEA and YES, DO ACUPUNCTURE! I absolutley know it made all the difference for my IVF cycle. Seriously, without a doubt. My numbers were going soooooo slow and then after my acu appointment the skyrocketed. He also helped bump up my number of follicles and eggs. The cycle before, i had i think 16 total, and with acu i had 28. I am such a firm believer in it.

9 years ago

Texasgirl13, I personally would do the IVF. You will never be any younger than you are right now, and you could get enough embryos to have a shot at a sibling later on if you so choose. Yes, the price is much higher, but the odds are ridiculous to compare -- 10-20% vs. 50-60% -- and that's assuming no fertility issues for the IUI numbers.

Also, did your doctor advise you to take the DHEA? If so, great! If not, well, I assume she has checked your testosterone levels -- check with her first and make sure they're all in line before you take the DHEA.

I also would recommend acupuncture. It takes about 3 months for the best results, so keep that in mind for timing. My second to last IVF, I had only 8 eggs retrieved and ended up with only 4 embryos on day 3 and a BFN. Then I started acupuncture and the next IVF 3 months later, I got 16 eggs and ended up with 12 embryos on day 5 and a BFP (sadly, she died in utero, but the IVF itself was successful). I'm a decade older than you, so I've never had anything to freeze (only about 30% of women do regardless of age, but at 36, your odds are pretty good).

AFM, I've been waiting for my doctor's call since Friday. I stupidly forgot my mobile phone at home today, and ran home on my lunch hour to get it. I got home at 1:48, he called at 1:44. :(

9 years ago

Texas, i wish i knew the best answer for you! I had 3 iuis without success and the third one was not suggested by my doc, it was my decision as i just wanted to avoid ivf! Now i say that if i had not done the third one, i might have been closer to ivf, which is gonna be delayed due to the insurance for the meds.
Do you think that an iui would delay further the ivf as you would need more time for saving the money? If not, go for the iui.
Basia, i wish i could go on vacation! We havent gone to any trip since our honey moon because i was always scared that i would need the money for an ivf or the baby. Our vacation is spent on my mom s place which is near the beach, but i dont call it vacation as my mother is with us all the time with the daily conversations that dont let you escape from the routine! A trip might help for a natural conceive, but we cant spend money at the moment.
Nikki, i wish you a positive btest!

9 years ago

Hello all!

LS- so glad to hear your doing okay and you got to hear your baby's heartbeat, I bet it was amazing!

Texas- If you feel like you want to move onto IVF then it is your choice, its your money your spending, not your doctors. I've only had two IUI's and no IVF so I am no expert but you should do whatever you and your hubby want to do! ;)

So got a positive OPK on Thursday and ovulated on Saturday- so I am only 4DPO today- have awhile left to go. But went to see the urologist with my husband on Monday and it was much better than expected. He said everything except morphology doubled from last time (but morphology is in the average range), which is great news. He had an average test!!!!! His blood work came back great and he's going to put him on Chlomid just because it won't hurt anything. The only thing it takes 3 months for the sperm to be effected by the medicine so we need to decide do we wait 3 month until we do another IUI or keep going since he counts were good? I think we will see what happens this month (wouldn't it be CRAZY if without any kind of fertility help I got pregnant- It's a long shot I know (hasn't happened yet in 18 months of TTC) But both the RE and urologist feel that we are "the perfect candidates for IUI" so we will stick with that for awhile :)

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo