Community post

Discussion

April 2015 IUI/IVF

View Full Post

For those doing an IUI or preparing for IVF in April 2015, regardless if first or last child.

447 Replies • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

261 - 270 of 447 Replies | Last Page

kuntrygirl - what is a mini IVF?

Essemkey - sorry Dr does not want to switch you. What is his reason?

AFM - I went in for bloodwork this morning. Hopefully HCG is at 0 - they want to do sonogram but they need to see HCG at 0 before they do that. I was still spotting yesterday but hopefully it is over now.

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

9 years ago

kuntrygrl2546, I don't know a whole lot about mini-IVF, but the fact that you've had children before means you probably have no issues with implantation, so that's good to know. How many embryos to transfer is a tricky question - you should never transfer more than you're willing to carry and depending upon your age and where you live, there may be legal limits to the number you can transfer. Since your tubes seem to be your only impediment, if I were you I'd only transfer one. I'm old and I transferred 2 at age 42, and got pregnant initially with twins (subsequently lost one).

basia, best wishes to you! He didn't give me a reason, just said he wants to see what's going on with me before he changes anything.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

9 years ago

@TTC-I am sorry you have to wait longer than you anticipated. I do think it's good that your doctor is wanting to look further into what could be causing m/c though. Having a third one because you didn't wait or get the initial testing done would be devastating. Just know that you doctors know what is best and getting these things done are super important for the health of you and your babies. Stay positive friend!!!

@kuntrygrl - I am not familiar with a mini IVF, but i have heard of it. I did a full on IVF cycle, and my body handled it really well. I am not 5w5d pregnant from our first cycle. Good luck!

@basia - never thought I'd be saying this, but I too hope your HCG is at 0. Are you going to start acupuncture?

@texas- How you doing today? About progesterone changing your nips colors....I honestly think anything is possible. Unfortunately, they only way to know is going to test or to wait for your HCG! Only two more days!

AFM-Still doing well. My skin is breaking out which is no fun, but i am happy because i know why. I think i am going to start living in leggings since i am so bloated. A friend of mine who goes to my clinic (well, i have never met her, but she is from my area and i found her on a different site) is a week ahead of me and had her first u/s yesterday. She said everything looks great but her gestational sac is a little small. The doctor was not too concerned. Of course if you google that it sounds awful. So now that is ALL i can think about! I pray my gestational sac is good size when we go in on Monday! I swear...the worry NEVER goes away.

9 years ago

Hey ladies,

LS - I know what you mean about always finding something to be nervous about. I'm worried that this one isn't going to stick and that AF is going to show up any minute.

essemkay - At least he wants to have a look at whats going on. I really hope that he's able to come up with a new plan that works for both of you.

Basia - good luck today.

kuntrygrl - Sorry I don't know anything about that.

TTC - I'm sorry you have to wait so long before trying again. I hope the testing proves useful and its an easy fix to prevent this from happening again.

Texas - I couldn't tell you I don't have any experience with it.

nikki - I truely hope you get your BFP soon.

kethryes - Thank you for the congratulations. I'm hoping to get the tests done sometime this week. I have to wait for someone to call me back so I can schedule it. I'm sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with your family. I understand how difficult it can be. I really hope that your BFP is coming soon.

AFM - I don't know what to think today. I've been having massive cramps allday but I've been having them for over a week now so I'm not sure whats going on. MHPT was lighter today, which I'm hoping was just because my FMU was too diluted. I got up in the middle ofthe night to go to the bathroom and get a drink of water. And to top it off my BBT dropped a bit. I'm being paranoid I think but I really want the betas quickly to tell me what my levels are and if they're rising. I'm playing the waiting game now.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

9 years ago

Good luck Basia hope it is zero :( :)
Margie. hang tight love, dont give up the hope just yet.
While.. how are you feeling?
LS, i can not wait to hear the great news from your scan.

AFM i am 12dpo. i dont feel preggers. besides sore BB, and the changing of nips. Even my odd cramping i had has now stopped. no food tastes good and just don't feel like i have any signs. I don't know what is worse testing and seeing stark white or waiting until Thursday and do my beta and have them tell me no. If it did not work i will move on to IVF, with a serious talk to the dr, about my egg quality.

9 years ago

@margie-When is your beta? I so hope your FMU was just diluted. You are still early and there is still a good chance everything is just fine. Praying that your cramps are just your nugget getting settled. One of my best friends fell pregnant in January after her fourth clomid cycle. She swore she was not pregnant because of her cramping. She thought AF was about to arrive any second. She always said it felt just like AF. Well, sure enough, she is 17 weeks this Thursday and everything looks great. Stay positive!

@texas-I did not feel pregnant either. Do not give up hope. I had zero cramping or really anything. I was just like you...one day I would say it worked and I am pregnant, and then the next i would swear it didn't. If testing is going to make you feel worse, don't do it. I still swear i would not have gotten a BFP until the day of my beta. I do not want to give you false hope, but I also know its super important to stay positive. I had someone tell me to talk to my baby. Tell it how much you want it and already love it. I know it sounds funny, but it made me feel better. Talk life into your womb!

9 years ago

Ls, i love that!!!!!!!

9 years ago

LS - Thanks. I'm not sure when my Beta will be. the nurse I talked to at the clinic was very unhelpful. I might call the lab and ask if they have the requisition yet. if they do I'll pop over after work, if not I'll try again tomorrow. Lol I love that advice. I've been talking to my "baby" since just after the IUI. it does kinda ease my mind.

Texas - I didn't feel pregnant either. I still don't really - I just have AF like cramps and everytime I go to the bathroom I expect to see that she's started. If it's easier on you wait until your beta. mine are still quite faint so I'm hoping the beta will reassure me a bit.

Me:29 DH:27 Mar 31 2015: IUI #1, MC 16/04 May 30, 2015: IUI #2, Jul 31, 2015: IUI #3, Aug 25, 2015: IUI #4, Sep 26, 2015: IUI #5, Oct 24, 2015: IUI #6,

9 years ago

Thank u ladies for responding. I'm not sure about my states laws (I live in Georgia) but I am 29 yrs old and have had 5 previous pregnancies. 4 live births and one gained her wings at 38wks. I have always been regular with AF and ovulation. So my only issues are my tubes now. Mini IVF is basicly everything with IVF except not as much meds. I was thinking of only transferring 2 eggs only. I'm not sure if it means anything but I keep having the same dream over and over, I go thru the whole IVF and end up having twin boys. Or its my mind playing with me bc I'm so excited. Again thank u very much.

9 years ago

@kuntrygrl2546 - Wow, so sorry to hear about your angel baby at 38 weeks. I guess it really goes to say you are just not safe until that baby is in your arms. Praying you never have to go through that again. I think the amount to transfer is a really personal decision. Although getting triplets is very rare, i know of two people who it happened to. One was not a good outcome as the babies were born way too early and one died. Two are still in the hospital (born in January). When we learned this story, it really scared me. My doctor assured me that we had a 3% chance of trips. Still there is a chance. For me, i was very comfortable transferring two because we do not have children. Having twins as our first seems very doable. I will be honest, having four children and getting twins would scare the heck out of me!! We are pretty sure we are only pregnant with one as my numbers started off pretty low. We will find out on Monday the 20th.

Good luck!!

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo