Community post

Discussion

Private Testers Support Group Part 2!

View Full Post

Hello my lovelies! We need a new thread because the old one is huge. Let's stay together and keep our little unit going!

443 Replies • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

391 - 400 of 443 Replies | Last Page

Morning ladies!

Luv, Cam, Blue, Amag: So sorry about AF showing her ugly face.

Law: I read somewhere in my research that "itchyness" is a "symptom" of pregnancy so you may not be allergic after all. The tests will tell though.

SMH: Losing your mp, I didn't have that much info and I would probably freak! So thanks much

Jada: Hopefully...this is the month for your BFP!

Afmedic: Hopefully your "feeling pregnant" doesn't go as far as morning sickness.

AFM: I have the Lab request in my handbag to do the CD21 prog check. Scared! This month I am on a cocktail of vitamins and supplements: Vitex, Zinc, multivit with 500% of B6, Vit E and folic acid and Omega

Vitex to promote hormone balance and zinc and B6 to assist with progesterone production. I have more or less stopped eating chicken...someone suggested that the hormones in the meat may be what causes my face to breakout in my LP.

Did some research and discovered that pseudo-estrogens can cause estrogen dominance and therefore the horrible PMS symptoms I've been experiencing.

Luv: Pineapple core (which I also eat regularly) is rich in vitamins and minerals like manganese which promotes the maintenance of minerals essential to the ttc process.

10 years ago

hey ladies hope all is well.. apparently i have been MIA again..sorry!!!lol just have had a lot on my plate and trying to help with my mom and her home care and physical therapy and such.

SMH: yes we will be starting IVf very soon. i just received in my packed that has a list of all the meds and it is a list. however it looks like three of them get mixed together and used as one shot for about two weeks. then its just the progesterone, estrogen, HCG, prenatal and doxycyclin for DH. so overall could be a lot worse. i am still waiting to hear from the pharmacy exactly how much it is all going to cost. should be no more than a couple hundred i hope...lol. so i have to review the material in the handbook, and do some online review class then i have a scheduled call with the ivf nurse for feb 20. i will go in on feb 21 for a blood draw to make sure i O'd. if all is well i will start the medication then. It looks like if all goes well we will be doing the egg retrieval and implantation the week of March 16th. its about five days between the retrieval and implantation. I am excited hoping i only need the one round but will do whatever it takes at this point. im not giving up now that i am soo close. The MP thing would have definately freaked me out. Cant believe you were so calm about it. i agree the game was boring but i was also enjoying laughing at the broncos. i expected so much more out of them. but i was in total shock throughout the whole game i really thought at one point it was going to be a shutout

Luv: so sorry Af has been so awful to you this past few days hopefully everything i going alright. i know mine seemed worse than normal. i almost think maybe due to the meds this cycle and the high progesterone is why i was having such bad headaches before AF. they just finally stopped yesterday.

Cam: sorry baout the spotting love. i really am impressed by your will and faith in all of this. we all know how hard it can be and you always handle everything soo well. Just know you have us in your corner routing you on. I would love to be able to see you get a BFP with everythig you have been through.

So it looks like this month didnt start the way we hoped!! however there is still time for a few others i believe. I left an updated time frame for all the IVF info i received about in my rant to SMH if anyone is interested in the process. i will definately keep you ladies informed. Love to all you ladies. i am trying to stay support positive and just enjoy myself and DH for the next few weeks without any stress. seeing we have to be "Safe" this month there is no pressure to BD and things have been just great so far. the first time in a long time neither of us feel any pressure on things. Just going to enjoy the time despite the cold and snow....ugh.. we got abuot 12 in here on Wednesday and just glad the storm we were supposed to get on Sunday night into monday looks like it might just be a dusting to a coupe inches. Glad the weatherman dont have to be too acurate to keep their jobs...lol. at first it was supposed to be the storm of the centure...now it looks like just a regular snow flurry for us here in new england...lol

10 years ago

New to CTP... we have been trying since after the birth of our 2nd in 2011 and are considering Clomid. Any thoughts or tips? I just started OPK's yesterday and today's is positive! We have had waaaaay too many chemical pregnancies.

10 years ago

@lawbride- have they looked into obstetric cholestasis? It's more common at the very end of pregnancy though.

User Image

10 years ago

Cam sorry about your abnormal pap! I had one a few years ago and got a colposcopy, for me it really wasn't that bad. I'd compare the pain level to getting your ears pierced (which I did at age 26 so I remember it haha). Of course it is different for everyone. For me though the worst part was the vagus nerve response I tend to get with those types of things, nausea and dizziness. Are you gonna go soon and get it over with? The good news is that most of the time the colposcopy actually is a treatment, it removes the bad cells and poof you don't have to worry about them anymore!

bluerose take your time, no need to go to the RE immediately! Actually I am only under the care of OB/GYNs and they can do a fair amount (Clomid IUI cycles for example) if you need/want it. You might want to take a break from TTC? I hope everything is ok!

lawbride I hope the cause of the itchiness can be easily explained! That must be annoying. And probably doesn't help your sleeplessness. Itchiness can be a symptom of restless legs syndrome and I hear pregnancy can aggravate that.

JLH glad you have a nice weekend with DH ahead! And I hope AF stays away ;)

SMH an extra holiday would be awesome! A MONTH LATE? Holy cow. I honestly didn't think that was physically possible. I figured they'd induce if you were more than two weeks late. Was the due date miscalculated?? I also wish I knew how many follicles I had but it will remain a mystery, since my insurance refuses to pay for anything related to TTC :(

janise good to see you again! Sounds like you are on quite the mix of vitamins! FX that they work for you this month :)

amag I am so excited for you! Just think, in 7 weeks you could be getting a BFP! :) Woop woop!

LoveLoveLove welcome to CDTP and I think one of the other threads will be better for you, lots of other new folks and more party atmosphere :) We're a pretty tight private group like the thread title says.

AFM CD 5 and just a bit of spotting still. My chart is kinda weird because my temps are going up (Clomid, go figure). I have been feeling pretty dang hungry for the past week :-P haha

10 years ago • Post starter

I wonder...do you do the prog test 2 mths in succession or just one month? If ovulation alternates, then maybe in someones case only one side works...what do you think?

Lots of things going through my mind...guess I am annoyed with my body because it wont do what I want it to so I am seeking explanations.

Luv: as for the "cocktail", I hope something works! Think I'll give myself 2 months and then suck it up and go do the tests my OB wants me to. I wish I had the kind of grit and determination you and the other ladies have. It takes a WHOLE lot to admit my body may be "broken" and I need help to fix it! hmmm

10 years ago

Janise--good guess but the itchiness preceded pregnancy so there's definitely something exogenous causing it.

Blue--no, they haven't but the itchiness has been persistent since about June or July of this year (before getting pregnant). I'd really just love to know what it is so that I can find a way to treat/prevent the itchiness.

Luv--how would I know if I had restless leg syndrome? I mean, how's that diagnosed? That would be a pretty simple explanation!

amag--so, you're starting the meds before you go in to see that you O'd, right? When do you receive your meds? This is all very exciting news! I am so excited for you!

10 years ago

Law: Have you tried isolating things to see whether or not you started using anything new around that time? New washing soap, fabric softner, etc.? I developed an allergy a few years back to Lysol spray...had chicken pox and wanted to disinfect the house. Every time I touched somewhere and put my hand one my body, I itched! Went to the Dr about 3 or 4 times before I figured it out!

10 years ago

janise--yeah, there's absolutely nothing that changed that can explain it. I've experienced it in 3 completely different environments (southern California, central California, and now on the East Coast). There's absolutely nothing that I can think of. DH thinks it's hormonal in nature but I can't really imagine that that's what's causing it. I'm stumped. And wow, that's awesome that you realized what was causing your issues.

10 years ago

law: no i dont start the meds until ovulataion is confirmed on CD 21. i go for the blood test that morning then they call me back and let me know when to start the meds. They will be sending everything out on the 14th of the month. it only takes a couple days to arrive so i should have everything on time..

Bluerose: i happen to disagree with luv on this: as soon as my Ob/ referred me to the RE everything was fast tracked to get moving. they actually found things that my ob had totally missed. I found out in november from my RE that i have borderline hypothyroid. im not enough where i would really notice any symptoms from it but even that small amoutn can throw off TTC. And this is from blood work my ob had me do in july!! so we have been monitoring it and my levels are now great with medication. So i guess it all depends on your OB/GYN and how aggressive they want to be. I have heard great stories of OB's going through just about everything with a patient. it all depends how agressive you want to be. if you want to start getting down to it... i would go to the RE!!

luv: it does suck that this is somewhat of a wasted cycle because we cannot get pregnant or really even try.. but like you said its only seven weeks until a possible bfp so its all good. Just got the call at lunch time from the ivf cordinator at the RE's office and she said she got int he approval from my insurance and from the first day of blood work everything will go under a global submission to the insurance with no copays or anything. Once i get pregnant they will only cover one ultrasound in the RE's unless there is a problem but other wise if all looks well i will then be referred back to my Ob anyways so that is ok!! im just waiting on the amount for the medication and i will be ready to get started...lol

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo