Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

391 - 400 of 483 Replies | Last Page

pixandpoetry, so glad to hear your kids are on the mend!!

AFM, they're having me come in for a baseline ultrasound and I'm to start injections tomorrow instead of on CD3. They're upping my dose to start off with and starting me earlier to try and keep from me having a follicle become dominant too early. I would imagine IUI will probably be around November 5th. So ... here we go again!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Pix glad to hear that your kids are doing well thoughts and prayers to u and your family.

I am currently 6dpiui and 8dp trigger I have no sym at all!!! I tested this morning and still showing positive dam trigger is still in my system.. I tested yesterday and it was + but today it looked darker.. I really am getting nervous should I have sum symptoms or something??

11 years ago

6dpiui is too soon to get a true positive and any symptoms you would be having would be from either the trigger shot or progesterone from however many follicles you had (or if you are doing supplemental progesterone). Not having symptoms doesn't mean anything, either. It's all so maddening!!

But implantation usually takes place somewhere between 6 and 12dpiui (most common is 8-10dpiui) so hopefully soon that trigger BFP will turn into a real BFP!!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Hello Everyone....

Had to tell someone as my partner is away (did call him!) and no one else is home who I would tell...
and you've all been so supportive....
10DPO and a faint pink, but definitely there, second line.

I am numb and freaking out a little bit...really didn't think it was going to happen for me at 41.5 years old...I know it is early early early days yet...but if all goes well the due date is my partner's birthday...

quietly losing my mind in my house all alone...

Thank you all for sharing your stories on this board I think I would have given up already if it wasn't for your joyful successes and courage through your disappointments and losses.
Thank you

11 years ago

Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I am 40+ and ttc. I had an early miscarriage at 5 weeks. I had stopped charting and temping etc because I was tired of getting bfn. The only reason I tested was because of symptoms like: headache, naseas, temps were consistant above 98 , and breasts hurt for two weeks straight which is unsual for me. I decided to start charting again and try this month to see what comes of it. my chart is on fertility flower:

http://www.fertilityflower.com/user_chart?username=4cam4&type=normal&token=qr-2b6gd&date=2012-10-03

It stated that my bd timing was high. So hoping for the best. I also heard that you are really fertile up to 3 months after having a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy. Anyone know if this is true?

This chart shows ovulation on or around the 10th of oct. Which would mean I am on 13dpo and ovulated pretty early. My temps took a dip and went back up and are still up above 98. hoping something happened and I eventually get a bfp. impatiently waiting to test. If nothing happens this cycle I am going to go back to just taking it as it goes and try not to obsess.

I do have a question for you guys. I have never asked this, but if you have conceived and then go in for the yearly pap/checkup does this cause damage or prevent a pregnancy from sticking? Im curious as I have a doctors appointment thursday for a routine exam and would postpone it if this would cause a problem. I must sound nuts but I have never had this come up therefore I do not know what to think.

Thanks and good luck to you all! :)

11 years ago

Noxidsl WOW that's awesome!!!!! Congrads..

11 years ago

noxidsl - CONGRATS!! Hope it sticks and you have a happy and healthy 9 months!!

4camille4 - I know nothing about temps or charting, so I'll leave all that for someone else. A pap smear won't hurt anything. In fact, when you do get pregnant, at your first OB appointment, you'll probably get one if it's been more than 6 months since your last one.

11 years ago

4camille4---I temp and chart, here and on fertility friend...I usually get a dip then right back up, I can be what they call an implantation dip, but not always guaranteed from what I understand, but can be a good sign :) As for paps,no shouldn't affect anything that I know of, my ob, has always done one my first prenatal visit, plus when my pap came back abnormal with my last missed m/c (or w/e happened) they were even going to do my colposcopy and biopsy, and my ob did say it was completely safe. hope this helps, temps up great sign, for me, usually get a pretty big drop in temp either the day before or day of that AF comes rearing her ugly head..

noxids--wooohoooo, CONGRATS ON THE BFP!!!!

afm---now cd12, monitor high still, but signs of "O" happening soon, thinking by looking at the test stick, just may peak in the morning :) also what's weird atleast for me with my charts, I always have a significant drop in temp the day I "O", I had that drop today, but monitor still read high, will see what temp does in the morning. It's all in Gods hands

Prayers to all ((((HUGS))))

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Pix... So great to hear that the kids are doing better!! Good luck today! ;)

Angel... Looks you're oing right together with Pix... FX

essemkay... Wohoo! Love that you can start again right away... at least no waiting. FX FX FX

camille... Chart looks pretty good to me. Just going by the temps (not sure if you used OPKs or anything), I'd say you did O around CD10. That's early, but not too early. That means you are about 12dpo, right? If your temps are still up today and tomorrow, I would suggest to happily pee on a stick!! Good luck.

AFM... Nothing to report. Just that really annoying all-day nausea... I have big trouble peeing because of my tipped uterus. (TMI!) In the morning, even when my bladder is full, I have a hard time making myself pee. I bend forward, but I still the feeling that I can't empty my bladder. :(

I am wondering if I should ask my OB if they can do an extra u/s next week if I pay for it myself... I think the four-week wait is excruciating. I am so worried that I could get bad news at my next appt and I'd rather know sooner than later...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Torontochick

I didn't. Use any opks just temping and watching cm. Gave in and did a hpt this morning and-. My last bfp didnt show til 2 days past af due date but with what seems to be O on oct 10 today would be around 14dpo which i thought by now would show a.slight + on an early response hpt.

Having light cramping here n there , headche and breasts are swollen and hirt ...im thinking this mite be a sign of af. :(

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo