Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Essemkay - wow...12 yrs!!! And they can't give you a reason why its wasn't happening? That's unbelievable. You must totally cherish you DD :) I fell with my first 2 without even trying and it came as a real shock when it took us 9 cycles to get this BFP so don't give up hun. I truly know how dissheartening it is but stay positive and although I know nothing about IVF or IUI, I wish u every success....u certainly deserve it :)

Toronto - I hope you're right about the bleeding, it does worry me but like with your lack or sore boobies...every pregnancy is different. We just have to hope its all perfectly normal for us this time. Poas tomorrow to put your mind at rest. Good luck :)

Swimmom - Thankyou for your kind wishes and so sorry to hear of your poorly daughter and chemical. So sad. I hope she is on the mend soon and although you lost this little bean, at least you know everything is working ok and it can happen and I'm sure it will again. All the best to you and your family x

EoE ....hoping for good timing and sticky beans for all of us

Much love x

User Image

11 years ago

essemkay--so sorry to hear this, chin up girl, it can get so frustrating sometimes, but again remember our God is bigger and all things are possible with him. (((HUGS))) prayers going up for you that this cycle is successful for you.

Swimmom--you and your daughter have been in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry to hear about your loss and that your daughter isn't getting better. Will continue to keep y'all in my prayers (((HUGS)))

Toronto--Hoping you get yourself a big fat dark BFP :) and honestly I was pretty much the same as essemkay, boobs got tender then faded, then after awhile, they started hurting so bad it was unbelievable with all my kids. hang in there :)

AFM--temp went up today so do believe I "O'd" yesterday CD12. So hopefully hubby's swimmers catch the egg, now the awful TWW. Or may possibly be able to convince my ob to do a beta on Monday while I am in the office for my biopsy. not sure if that would be too early or not, what do y'all think? I usually haven't gotten the bloodwork done until after I had a + hpt.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel - glad that things are going well, you deserve it. Looks like we're close to the same cycle, I O'ed today. Here's hoping we both see those 's!

Swimmom - Glad to see you back, we've missed you! Sorry for your loss, and I am praying for your daughter. Please keep us posted!

Essemkay - I understand about the IVF and IUI costs, here in Michigan it's the same way, and there is no way we can afford either option as fertility treatments are not covered by insurance. I wish you tons of good luck and !

Number3 - I'm keeping my and I think things look great for you!!

Toronto - please don't lose hope, my sore boobs came early with my DD and then left as well, only to return with a vengeance later!

AFM - it's been a great day... think I o'ed and my DH has been very accommodating....LOL....Here's hoping I see those two lines in a couple weeks. Blood work scheduled for next week....wish me luck.

11 years ago

Torontochick, the actual IUI is only like $300. But the drugs this round are $1200 (and that's on the cheap side, because I have some leftover from previous cycles) and each monitoring appointment is $40, plus bloodwork ($300) plus ultrasound ($300) and with injectibles, there are at least 3 monitoring appointments. The hope with IUI is that having a buttload of targets will yield me a winner -- a natural IVF would only give me one egg. At age 44, the chances of that one being any good aren't so good. We want as many as we can get. I did get pregnant naturally in 2010, but it was a chemical. So there IS hope, it's just not a lot of hope. And my chances with IVF are only 10-15%, so for nearly 7 times the price, not enough better odds to talk my husband into doing it again.

Swimmom, best wishes to you and your daughter. Sending my very best thoughts.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Swimmom... Glad you checked in with in update although that's pretty sad news :( So sorry about your daughter and the loss of the bean.

Angel, Pix... for a this month!!!

Essemkay... Sounds reasonable enough... I guess it's all the other things like meds and u/s monitoring etc that are adding up.
Have you ever seen this page? http://www.infertile.com/infertility-treatments/IVF-for-older-women.htm

I also read that they can do natural IVF with embryo banking. So you get a few and then the embies are tested and only good ones are transferred. This is not allowed in Germany (the genetic testing part) so unfortunately it's all lottery for me.

Did POAS this morning on my last of the silly internet cheapies. Line showed up pretty much right away but was relatively light compared to the control line. I think this is just a s$%& test.
Three more days til beta...

xo

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Toronto - my internet cheepies were always faint and still are. My clearblue this morning was a very strong +ve. Get a better test if u can. I'm poas every day...really puts my mind at rest x

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks Numbers... I know... I honestly would love to get my hands on one of those week-digis... Must check out a couple of pharmacies. I also have one more of the better tests, which I wanted to keep for the weekend.

Toronto - try the internet. They're called Clearblue Digital. I'm waiting till nxt wk to do my 2nd one of them so I can hopefully see the weeks increase. Those internet cheepies just make you question whether you are or not and if everythings ok. They make it worse sometimes. Good luck with your 'better' test hope it puts your mind at rest x

User Image

11 years ago

Yeah, I know them. I have see ads for them. Just haven't seen any in the stores. I actually have a CB digi, but it doesn't say the weeks only pregnant or not pregnant.

My giant box of crazy expensive drugs has arrived. They moved my CD3 appointment to CD3 (tomorrow), but I get to go the local office after all. Wish me lots of follicles!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo