Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

161 - 170 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Operation Turkey Baste was a go. My husband didn't like it, so we're going to figure out somehow to do it the ole' fashioned way without specimen cups and syringes -- and without hurting him.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Essemkay - perhaps you could help him out with the 'basting effort' make it more fun!! Or spooning/missionary are fairly low impact positions. Make it fun and have a laugh then at least if its not sucessful you've made some fun memories together :)

Good luck......and enjoy ;) x

User Image

11 years ago

Well, AF reared her ugly head - a day early! So, I guess my increased breast size WAS only b/c of the supplements I started taking that most likely contain progesterone. I truly, truly knew that I wasn't, but there is always that suspicion and hope.

Not giving up hope, and am excited to start all of my supplements again. This will be cycle 2 with the new supplements, so we'll see what happens. My parents are out of my house, so we'll be a little freer with the BDing. :-)

Questions:
1. Has anyone tried acupuncture? I've been reading some success stories...
2. I'm taking DHEA and COQ10 (along with other supplements). When women recommend taking them, they don't mention whether or not they stop taking them after ovulation. I went on a website and there was a warning for pregnant women, so I stopped during my TWW. Does anyone take these supplements, and if so, do you take them the entire month?

Good luck ladies. I know a lot of you are going through some scary things. I pray for this group nightly!

-Faith

User Image

11 years ago

DHEA scares me, it's basically testosterone.

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Toronto-you have been in my thoughts and prayers today, good to hear it went well and things go well with the rest of your transfer. will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

essemkay-I like numbers suggestion there, at the very least you will have created memories and have fun as well whether it works or not :)

Faith-I am sorry that the witch showed up on your doorstep, so hard when that happens. as for those particulare supplements I haven't tried them so not too familiar with them. Good luck on this next cycle, and that you get that BFP.

AFM-hanging in there, rather emotional, but doing ok. Tomorrow I take my daughter in law to her first prenatal visit. hopefully we will get to hear the baby's heartbeat and all goes well for her. so I figure on the positive side of things I may not be preggers but do get to enjoy being involved with my son and daughter in law, in becoming a grandma. :) Many prayers going up for all of you :)

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Faith... Sorry to hear that the witch showed up :(
On the supps: Both DHEA and CoQ10 are supposed to improve egg quality. DHEA is mostly mentioned in connection with IVF treatments, the dose is 75 mg a day (best taken before noon, I took all 75mg in the morning 30 min before BF). They say that it takes up to 3 months for the full effect (because of the 90 day-follicle cycle), but effects can also be seen earlier. Sideeffects are oilier skin, sometimes acne and mild hairloss. If you are really feeling unwell on the stuff, you should stop though, but most women do okay in it.

http://www.torontofertility.com/published_research.html

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1477-7827-9-67.pdf

You should take it continuously, not stop in the TWW, only stop if you get a BFP.
Same for CoQ10 (although I do recommend COQH as it is better absorbed in older people) of 600mg per day (or 150mg of COQH). It is harmless (the body makes it itself when we are younger but it decreases significantly with age).

There is a great study on CoQ10, but if I post the link, it messes up the formatting of our thread. Just copy and past this into Google and go to the first linked pdf:

"The use of mitochondrial nutrients to improve the
outcome of infertility treatment in older patients"

It will take you directly to the full study.

http://www.kgksynergize.com/_lib/img/Q10%20Study.pdf

BTW: I took a whole pharmacy of supplements. I can definitely also recommend the combination of Myo-inositol (2g twice a day), folic acid and melatonin (at night), which is expected to improve egg quality.

Type into Google: "Effect of the treatment with myo-inositol plus folic acid plus melatonin" - There will be a link to the pdf of the study.

You can get it premixed in the US as "Pregnitude" but you will have to add Melatonin (I took 3mg time-released a half hour before bedtime).

I also added Pynogenol and Resveratrol this cycle.

essemkay... You are right that DHEA is something like a precursor of testosterone, but the body converts it as needed also to estradiol (estrogen).

angel... I am glad that you are trying to remain positive and that you are looking forward. Good luck for the u/s with your DIL!!

AFM: Fertilization report is in! Of the 7 eggs they retrieved yesterday, 6 were mature and all 6 fertilized! They are now doing a bllastocyst culture and the transfer is planned for Monday. I am hoping that we will have two blasts left over on Monday.

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Yay! Fabulous news, Torontochick!!

11 years ago

Ok ladies, I'm going back in, LOL!!! I work with an amazing bucnch of nurses & Providers, (I'm an ob/gyn nurse). I told them I was not trying anymore because it's been a year and going to be 45 so they talked me in to doing a round of IUI, we have just been trying naturally. The one Dr got me to do hormone levels, which to my amazement in a perfect range, but that only shows the quantity of the eggs, she had me do another test to check for the quality which is every thing, still waiting on those hopefully today! So everyone at work is just waiting for me to ovulate and purchased all the stuff to do sperm washing and away I go. How can I give up when my friends won't :) So I guess we are back on boared for a little longer.

Still sending prayers too all of you lovely ladies!!!!

11 years ago

Good luck, treats!

11 years ago

treats, this is amazing! So your colleagues are trying to get you preggers - how awesome :)

FX

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo