Community post

Discussion

Over 40 ttc, I KNOW I'm not the ONLY one! Part II

View Full Post

Ladies, we have to start a new thread as our old one was already 20 pages...

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

483 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

31 - 40 of 483 Replies | Last Page

Paradise - I was on progesterone supplements during my IVF/FET cycles. I have never been diaganosed with a luteul phase (lp) defect so I don't think that I need to take progesterone for a natural cycle....but it doesn't hurt to use it. I have some left over from my cycles so I might. I haven't decided as yet. I have taken the oral and vaginal supposotories. I have also heard that the oral is less effective (gets absorbed by kidney or liver) than the vaginal (which goes right where it is needed). My understanding is that you should start taking them by 2 or 3 days after O up to the normal end of your lp, test and then stop if a negative test.

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

I'm ovulating!! I'm ovulating! I took a First Response OPK yesterday and the test line was very light. I took it this morning and the lines were the same color. I am CD 13 and so am not sure if I'm actually O'ing today or if it just means I'm about to. Anyway, I'm excited to see two lines on a stick!!! Silly, I know, but I'm feeling more and more in control.

Baby Dust to you all!!

-Faith

User Image

11 years ago

Red-Actually no I haven't been on my meds for my lupus since I got pregnant with our youngest who is now 16 mths. It had been pretty bad off and on. But thanx to TORONTO :) she happened across some studies on Wobenzym which is all fruit enzymes for the treatment of autoimmune diseases, sports injuries, etc. I have been on it for about 3 mths now and it has been some amazing stuff. I feel so much better than I ever have even when I was on my meds, and it's all natural!! Also we think that it could've been my lupus was why I was getting pregnant but kept having m/c, so I do believe I actually owe it to TORONTO and the Wobenzym for this pregnancy which I am hoping and do believe just may stick this time :)

Essemkay-my pregnancy with our youngest, I was high risk, and they only saw me once a mth up until 30 wks, then every 2wks until 36 wks, then once a week until I had him at 39 wks. I swear I think I had a sono or some kind of bloodwork done almost every mth. Plus have a doppler for home so I could hear the baby's heart at home.

please if y'all could just say a little prayer, I am trying to stay calm, but its difficult worrying about my sono tomorrow. Hoping everything is all good and the baby's heart beat is good.

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

Angel, I just said a prayer. I pray for comfort for you and I pray for a strong heartbeat.

User Image

11 years ago

essemkay... I find it very strange that your doctor did not put you in the high-risk care plan given your history, your age and the placenta previa. Thank goodness that all turned out so well for you in the end.

Thanks shanessa for the good wishes. I can truly use them. This is probably the end of the road for us if this doesn't work. There is still the DE option, but I am not sure if I can convince DBF. Also, this would mean, no biological (half)sibling for DS.

Paradise... I posted a comment on progesterone on the previous page... I search the web and here is a good link, which explains it pretty well. Essentially, the oral prog is most likely not as effective as the supps and it also has more side effects. In fact, I am always on Utrogestan, which are capsules for oral use but the REs prescribe it for use as supps.

http://www.conceivingconcepts.com/learning/articles/progesterone_types.html

faith... congrats on the positive OPK... Consider yourself fertile for the next 2 days to be sure...

angel... Praying for you for a strong hb!! When is your appt!! I am glad the Wobenzym is helping. I started taking it after my D&C as it was supposed to prevent fibrosis and scarring. As it also helps, according to the study I sent you, which auto-immune diseases, I am continuing taking it since I was diagnosed with anti-phospoholid syndrom several years ago.

Have a good day everyone!

Me: 43 DBF: 49 13 unsuccessful cycles TTC IVF #3: u/s 8w2d: bean stopped growing, no hb , 06/21 D&C IVF #4 BFP - it's a girl! 06-03-2013 Fiona Isabel was born

11 years ago • Post starter

Angel - Praying for a wonderful us today! That is great about the Lupus! I thank God everyday that I am off my meds! I take PRO DHA (fish oil) and Vit D daily and no prescriptions. Woohoo!!! Hated stupid chemo!

essemkay - Do you still use the same doctor? I'm really shocked that they didn't treat you as high risk. Every doc I've talked to automatically has said that just given my age puts me into that category.

Ladies - please say a little prayer for me that either I get a definitive BFP or get AF. Working on cycle day 33 now. :(

Lauren User Image

11 years ago

Just got home from sono, they didn't see anything at all. so they did more bloodwork to check beta's and will know around 4 this afternoon. Hoping this isn't an ectopic and is what they are speculating is that I'm not as far along as they thought, instead of 6 wks I would be around 4 since I do believe that conception was on the 11th just a couple days before my cycle was to start. If this is the case the tech said then it would b too early to even see anything. so the waiting begins again until 4 and hopefully good beta's

DH-43 Me-41 User Image

11 years ago

OhmiGod Angel. Try to hang in there and stay postive. Jesus, but 4 seems like weeks away. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself for a few hours. I am sure, sure that it is the latter and you are just too early for the u/s. Do keep us informed though. Prayers and hugs to you.

Me 41, DH 45 DS 10/07 MC – 4/06 (nat), 7/06 (d&c), 2/09 (d&c), 4/10 (nat) Fibroids – 08/05, 09/06, 08/09 HSG – 12/10 convoluted tubes (adhesions?), left w/ slight hydrosalpinx IVF#1, 03/12 – 22 retrieved, 4 trans – BFP: Chem, beta = 4.3 IVF#2, 05/12 – 16 retrieved w/ Lupron, 5 trans – BFP: Chem, beta 6 FET 08/12 - 1 embryo

11 years ago

Faith - woohoo. Go get that egg.

Red - prayers for you that it is

Toronto - I know what you mean about DE. I don't think that is an option I am willing to consider. Maybe if I didn't have DS. I am going to be taking Wobenzym soon too as part of the natural prenatal vitamin I found. Hope it does wonders for me too.

AFM - nothing to report for me. Just really enjoying CD#3 - NOT!

Good wishes to you ladies today.

Angel - still thinking about you.

11 years ago

Torontochick: Thanks for giving me that link about the progesterone. I am still wondering how I should take mine after ovulation. I was prescribed the 200 mg to take orally twice daily (so in all it would be 400 mg). From everything I have been reading, It is fine to use the pill form as a vaginal suppository but am wondering if it will be ok to use that same dosage I have, the 400 mg, vaginally. I don't want to overdo it or underdo it. If you have any more information on this I would sure appreciate it.
Shanessa: Thanks for your reply about the pregesterone too. I am really wondering about all of this. I just want to do the right thing and hopefully get my next baby to stick around.
Angel: So hoping that you get good news. I would say it's too early for them to see much of anything just yet. If your only 4 weeks, I don't think there is much they can see. Stay positive. Keeping my FX for you.
Hoping to hear some good news from the rest of you ladies soon. I am so looking forward to my next ovulation in about a week.

Paradise

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo